Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I cut my hair? (see pics)

Ang1982

I have a picture of a hairstyle that I want after I lose some more weight, the girl has really dark hair like you and me. I wouldn't mind sharing it with you. I'll post and you can see for yourself. I posted it on a different thread last night. I'm just not quite ready to cut mine yet. Sorry if it's a little fuzzy, I took it with my camera phone out of a magazine.

Omgosh that will look soooo cute on you. Thanks for posting it. I've actually had my hair like that before, the thing with mine is it is just so damn straight and flat it can drive me crazy. Personally, I prefer on me just a bit longer than that or a bit shorter.. altho, I have never had a hair cut like that with a "thin face" so you just never know down the road. I think that one is awesome for you tho!!!

Omgosh that will look soooo cute on you. Thanks for posting it. I've actually had my hair like that before, the thing with mine is it is just so damn straight and flat it can drive me crazy. Personally, I prefer on me just a bit longer than that or a bit shorter.. altho, I have never had a hair cut like that with a "thin face" so you just never know down the road. I think that one is awesome for you tho!!!

Thanks. I definitely want mine cut, but I want my face to be a little thinner before I do it. I still think the picture you found online would look good on you. If you do highlights, I think maybe some caramel highlights would look good? Just don't go too light, I like your dark hair. I've never colored mine before, mainly because I don't want to pay to keep it up. What color are you thinking?

Thanks. I definitely want mine cut, but I want my face to be a little thinner before I do it. I still think the picture you found online would look good on you. If you do highlights, I think maybe some caramel highlights would look good? Just don't go too light, I like your dark hair. I've never colored mine before, mainly because I don't want to pay to keep it up. What color are you thinking?

I wasn't sure between something like caramel or maybe something kinda reddy. My hair has a hard time holding certain colours tho - so red could end up caramel in the long run lol

I'm going to vote for keep growing it, but get some layers and highlights around your face in a warm caramel color. Find a good stylist, though. :smile2:

I wish short hair were flattering and doable for me because it can look so cute. My hair gets curlier and more unmanageable the shorter I go -- chin length is the shortest it's ever been and I hated it, because it required work to make it behave. Now it is in the middle of my back and straight, with layers in the front and highlights.

Georgia Girl...You beat me to it....I was going to say the say thing. I think she would look really cute in this style. As soon as I saw her picture I thought of this style.

I wouldn't mess with your hair yet. Your face is going to change so much as you lose and you don't want to blow the chance to have it longer later. Once you get closer to the date, you can always cut it once the weight loss starts affecting your face more.

BTW, if you're really itching to change your hair, get some highlights. They can always be dyed over if you end up hating it. During my weight loss journey, I was a blonde and a redhead...now I'm back to my brunette.

Against some peoples better advice, I couldnt not do anything, I had to cut it, I hated the style. I've never been one to be afraid to do things like short spikey at back/top and dark purple, or shoulder length with blonde underneath, or shoulder length with bright red racing stripes...

however, without more a do... Here it is.. sorry they were just fast snapped pics and the lighting in our house does not do the copper justice like the sun...

hairside.jpg

hairtop.jpg

hairfront1.jpg

hairfront.jpg

I went from long, straightened hair to a short, inverted bob and I absolutely LOVE it. So its nape length at back, and angled down to sort of mid length at front.

I really like what you've done. I love your short hair, its much funkier, much more stylish, and really cute - good on you for being brave.

I'm not a fan of long hair, I find it rather boring and feel that people hang onto it out of fear when they'd look much fresher (and younger for us over 35's) with it shorter. I'm way in favour of funky over traditional feminine.

I think you made the right decision. It suits you and you can flip it out like you did or you can use a flat Iron and get that sleek, angled look. Love the color. Good job!

I have a picture of a hairstyle that I want after I lose some more weight, the girl has really dark hair like you and me. I wouldn't mind sharing it with you. I'll post and you can see for yourself. I posted it on a different thread last night. I'm just not quite ready to cut mine yet. Sorry if it's a little fuzzy, I took it with my camera phone out of a magazine.

I have that haircut!

And, I love it... I don't even have to brush it if I am in a hurry in the mornings... just run my fingers through it and it always looks neat.

I am lazy and hate to brush my hair... when I went to get a cut, I told the beautician to give me something that I do not have to brush! And, she did. And, I love it ;)

Against some peoples better advice, I couldnt not do anything, I had to cut it, I hated the style. I've never been one to be afraid to do things like short spikey at back/top and dark purple, or shoulder length with blonde underneath, or shoulder length with bright red racing stripes...

however, without more a do... Here it is.. sorry they were just fast snapped pics and the lighting in our house does not do the copper justice like the sun...

I think it looks awesome! It's so hip and stylish and you have the option to wear it straight and sleek too! I think you made the right decision. Your face is made for shorter hair, IMO.

I have that haircut!

And, I love it... I don't even have to brush it if I am in a hurry in the mornings... just run my fingers through it and it always looks neat.

I am lazy and hate to brush my hair... when I went to get a cut, I told the beautician to give me something that I do not have to brush! And, she did. And, I love it ;)

Do you have thick or thin hair? My hair is thick and I was wondering if it is too thick for that cut. It will probably be a few months before I cut it, but I was just wondering.

I was going to vote for you to keep your hair growing, but when I got to the end of the thread, you cut it. I love it!!!! It looks so good on you and really lifts up your face. You still have some length to it so by the time of your wedding, you will have no problem putting it up. Kudos to you!!!

Do you have thick or thin hair? My hair is thick and I was wondering if it is too thick for that cut. It will probably be a few months before I cut it, but I was just wondering.

My hair is very fine... and straight. It is not really thick or thin. the beauticians always tell me that I have a lot of hair, but it is just very fine.

I think this was meant to be "my perfect cut" because I literally do not do ANYTHING to it... and it automatically curls under where it should and looks freshly brushed all of the time.

If I let it get even an inch too long though, it doesn't curl under the way it should.

I would ask your beautician if they think this cut would work for your hair. They are the professionals, and should know.

My hair is very fine... and straight. It is not really thick or thin. the beauticians always tell me that I have a lot of hair, but it is just very fine.

I think this was meant to be "my perfect cut" because I literally do not do ANYTHING to it... and it automatically curls under where it should and looks freshly brushed all of the time.

If I let it get even an inch too long though, it doesn't curl under the way it should.

I would ask your beautician if they think this cut would work for your hair. They are the professionals, and should know.

Thanks, I'll ask her next time I get it trimmed and see what see thinks.