Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I cut my hair? (see pics)

Ang1982

Help! Today I am having a BAAAAD "I want to cut my hair" day. I used to have short hair for yeeeaaarrss. And over the past year and a bit have been growing it out. I would say it is now officially medium length (longer than the "longer hair" example pic I will post. Since I've had short hair for a long time I thought I would try it longer.

I am not one that spends a long time in the morning getting ready, doing hair, etc. and my hair is usually brush and go.

One reason I was hanging onto the longer hair idea is that it will be easier to have an "up do" of sorts for my wedding next spring (2009) if it's longer.

Anyways, let me know what you think. The short hair pics are a couple years old but it gives a general idea. Sorry I don't have a lot of great examples.. I'm at work and these are the only ones I have on my photobucket.

Longer hair:

me-1.jpg

Shorter hair:

short.jpg

short1.jpg

Thanks Angelic1, I'm so torn. I txtd my fiance that I am having a hair obsession moment lol, will be interesting to find out what he says because.. he likes long.

Here's my two cents:

1) You're right about your wedding hair. Most girls start growing it out at the engagement party, you're just a couple of inches ahead of them.

2) You just started your weight-loss journey. In a couple of months, you'll look completely different--and maybe need a different hair style than what you'd pick today.

3) You're at that "I want to see a change" 25lb mark. I'd start with some new hair "toys", maybe sweep it back off your face with some bright accessories.

You have the perfect hair for layers.

You can cut the length just a little bit and let them do those cool layers all over and in the back. Or you can keep the length and have some layers. Don't hide your face too much.

I like your hair best in the last picture. And you could do a really cute down-do with that for the wedding. Much like your pic, but put a tiara and/or veil in the middle of your head.

Hey if I can grow my hair out so can you! I have been grinding my teeth about cutting it for ages now. But I have managed to not cut it. My hubby really likes my hair longer, although he says "its your hair, if you want it cut cut it" but I know he is thinking "gawd she is gonna cut it and I wont have the long hair anymore".

I love LOVE my hair short, but its never been long in 10 years of marriage so I am giving over to his desires this time :smile2:

Although I generally prefer longer hair hair does look wonderful in the second and third picture. I prefer it short.

You have the perfect hair for layers.

You can cut the length just a little bit and let them do those cool layers all over and in the back. Or you can keep the length and have some layers. Don't hide your face too much.

I tried the layers thing (the longer hair now just after that long hair pic) and had a TERRIBLE hair stylist so I'd have to see whats salvageable with it now for layers. She did a BAAAD job, oh man I was cheesed.

I like your hair best in the last picture. And you could do a really cute down-do with that for the wedding. Much like your pic, but put a tiara and/or veil in the middle of your head.

Hmm true, that's an idea. If memory serves me correctly the last picture is grow out of the middle picture.

I found this pic online which is kinda cute too...

logo.jpg

Hey if I can grow my hair out so can you! I have been grinding my teeth about cutting it for ages now. But I have managed to not cut it. My hubby really likes my hair longer, although he says "its your hair, if you want it cut cut it" but I know he is thinking "gawd she is gonna cut it and I wont have the long hair anymore".

I love LOVE my hair short, but its never been long in 10 years of marriage so I am giving over to his desires this time :smile2:

Haha, my fiance is the same. He likes long hair but ultimately says it's my decision and I'm sure he'd not love me or be attracted to me any less if I did. I think when we met though I was in the "awkward" growing out stage.

Ang, I love the picture you found online. You could still do a lot of great things to it for the wedding. I liked you short cut, but I think the picture you found online would look great on you.

I like the pic you found online. I look horrid with short hair, so for those of you who look good with the short hair, I envy you!!

I normally keep it shoulder length, but DH is so into the long hair and I had long hair when we met, so for whatever reason I've been growing it. The kicker is, he use to have shoulder-length hair (*MELT*) too, and HE won't grow his back out. So one-sided.

Ang, I love the picture you found online. You could still do a lot of great things to it for the wedding. I liked you short cut, but I think the picture you found online would look great on you.

Thanks! I quite liked it too, not sure if it would look quite as good with such dark hair that I have, and not sure if I want to do any highlights or anything (have to see), if I did with my really dark hair what colour of highlights should I do?

I like the pic you found online. I look horrid with short hair, so for those of you who look good with the short hair, I envy you!!

I normally keep it shoulder length, but DH is so into the long hair and I had long hair when we met, so for whatever reason I've been growing it. The kicker is, he use to have shoulder-length hair (*MELT*) too, and HE won't grow his back out. So one-sided.

I love love love your hair in the pic in your avatar though, I think you look fantastic!

Thanks! I quite liked it too, not sure if it would look quite as good with such dark hair that I have, and not sure if I want to do any highlights or anything (have to see), if I did with my really dark hair what colour of highlights should I do?

I have a picture of a hairstyle that I want after I lose some more weight, the girl has really dark hair like you and me. I wouldn't mind sharing it with you. I'll post and you can see for yourself. I posted it on a different thread last night. I'm just not quite ready to cut mine yet. Sorry if it's a little fuzzy, I took it with my camera phone out of a magazine.

Here's a front/side view

And here's a side/back view

post-224559-13813136519257_thumb.jpg

post-224559-1381313651958_thumb.jpg