Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question - LARGE Bruise after Fill

Hi Everyone,

I got a Fill on Wednesday and now I have a HUGE black & blue bruise :smile:...He didn't hit the port directly on, but had to keep moving the needle.:tt2:

Should I be concerned? Or is this normal?

Any replies are greatly appreciated...

While it's unpleasant and can be a bit painful, I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. I've had bruising after a fill that was worse than the bruising after surgery. It will go away. Hang in there.

Thank you travel girl! I got nervous, because yes it was way worse then after my surgery.

While it's unpleasant and can be a bit painful, I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. I've had bruising after a fill that was worse than the bruising after surgery. It will go away. Hang in there.

I didn't bruise from surgery, but my first few fills they had to poke & prod quite a bit. 5 minutes later I would develop a bad bruise..and it would be sore. I don't think its uncommon, and it's not a big deal. The first time I had bad bruising I took a pic because I too was surprised.

When I get fills that they only have to poke once, I don't get the bruising.

bruises.jpg That's mine!

Thank you soooo much for posting that picture. Mine is defintely that big, but it is fresh & new/sore...

Literally is black/blue! Ugliest thing in the world. I am afraid my hubby is going to freak when he sees it...

Thanks again! I figured it was probably normal, so much so that I didn't want to call my Doc's office, but I feel so much better knowing other people get this also...

I didn't bruise from surgery, but my first few fills they had to poke & prod quite a bit. 5 minutes later I would develop a bad bruise..and it would be sore. I don't think its uncommon, and it's not a big deal. The first time I had bad bruising I took a pic because I too was surprised.

When I get fills that they only have to poke once, I don't get the bruising.

bruises.jpg That's mine!

I bruise after each fill (I've had two) and have stayed sore for as long as two weeks. My doc says as I lose more weight finding the port will become easier.

Morning guys:rolleyes2:

I went in for a fill on last Friday and it took are some proding to fill my port, didnt think it would leave this much soreness.:huh2:..i was shocked by the sorness and the bruising. so glad ive never had a black eye!!! :frown:

thanks for the information. it helped!:rolleyes2:

well I wish everyone much success and lots of happiness!!!!:tt1:

71 pounds lost :biggrin: - 38 MORE to lose!!!! :biggrin:

:mad:Guys went for my first fill .............. what the hell was that all about it took about 20 min. to find it .. they stuck me about a good 30 times ... Has anyone else had that happened to them.... and then guess what after all that I had to drink a glass of Water I told them that it feeks like it is coming back up............what the ffffffffff right ,,,,,,,,,,, so they went back in about 10 more times and took one cc out..... I think i am going to be fine for a while now.... No more fills for a long time.... I know this is going to just hurt like crazy can even touch it right now.:)

I had my first fill yesterday, they didn't give me a good fill, no restriction, so I went back in today for them to get it right, they couldnt' find it! They said it was due to swelling!! I am sore. and they keep trying to find it. THIS SUCKS!! I hope they can find it next time I go back in a week!!

i had my first fill yesterday also........ bruise is huge... but it didn't hurt going on... drank the Water & other fluids yesterday fine... could you explain to me what a restriction is ?

I had my first fill yesterday, they didn't give me a good fill, no restriction, so I went back in today for them to get it right, they couldnt' find it! They said it was due to swelling!! I am sore. and they keep trying to find it. THIS SUCKS!! I hope they can find it next time I go back in a week!!

I didn't bruise badly on the first fill but the second one gave me a good 2.5" diameter bruise. You can see the tiny needle mark in the middle. Hurt like hell for days.

Bruise.jpg

I bruised as well from my first fill on Thurs. They had trouble getting to my port because of the scar tissue that I have ( I scar really bad and bruise easily). They had to dig around in the scar tissue and push a little hard to get to the port, which hurt. My bruising is very dark purple and looks bad! While I am eager to get fills and get to my sweet spot, I do not look forward to the actual needle going in. I know that my scar tissue will still be there.

I had a fill over two weeks ago and didn't hurt alot just a pinch.. Doctor did have hard time the first try than found it again. He said sometimes the port does move? ODD. Well after almost two weeks I am still bruised round mark like the picture but darker in color. I also have a terrible soreness below where the port is? I am finding it hard to bend down, get up sit and even watch tv. I am trying ice but it doesn't seem to getting better.. I am really sore, even when I breathe. I feel like someone punched me in the gut. OYE!!!!!!

Restriction is a term people use that is a feeling that when you eat your "solid" Protein, veggies and carb meal of roughly one cup you do not feel hungry for so many hours. It is different for everyone and the amount of fill to get you to where you want to be is different for everyone. It is also different based on the foods you are eating. Ideally you would like to be full in between your meals. I am not a good example because I am the rare person that eats a cup of food and is full for 6-8 hours. Most people shoot for 3-4 hours (that is what I read here). So don't go by what others do, get to a point where you are happy with how often you eat and make sure that you are measuring with real food and not mushies or Protein Drinks. And only eat when you are hungry. BTW, I have had only my initial first fill.

Can I ask does anyone get nausea after eating? Not all the time but once in awhile? Also I read some things on the complications and other problems with Lap Band so if course I get nervous

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk