Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A new medical issue for me.

71296447fb8.jpg

That's great news Kendra! :thumbup: You sound like you are on top of it and I hope the PET scan shows even better results.

Bandpal has a new toy I think. :thumbup:)

Fabulous news Kendra and really great news that you are feeling good, too.

Your trip sounds very nice. MY DH has always had a fascination with trains, we should do a longer train trip, too, one day.

I'm sorry for the tardy update. I've also been on vacation and finished two weeks of classes so it has been a bit hectic.

My PET scans confirmed that, while I do still have active cancer in my pelvis and lungs, it is greatly reduced in size from before treatment. Because the chemotherapy was working, I started it again this week. My teaching schedule is perfect for fitting in the treatments and recovering from them. I had one session in between classes and I finished the third session yesterday and don't teach again until Tuesday.

I haven't weighed myself since I got back from vacation. I did get some new larger clothes, which isn't the direction I wanted to go but I had no choice. I'm hoping I can get in some exercise. They say it helps with fatigue but it's difficult to get started when you're already tired! However, we're planning to move things around so that my exercise room will be more convenient.

I'm afraid I haven't had a chance to check up on how y'all are doing but I do hope you're continuing to see progress. I know I still have a band because every now and then, food passes kind of slowly. Who knows? Maybe I would have gained even more if I didn't have it! :shades_smile:

Take care and keep up the good work! :teeth_smile:

Thanks for the update Kendra, all sounds really good. The weight gain you can work on, that's an ongoing project! :shades_smile:

Many of the Nov Nymphs have been away from the board and have come back recently. Most of us a doing well but not without some hiccups on the way.

Good luck with the chemo and keep in touch! :teeth_smile:

Kendra, I'm glad to hear it has gotten smaller. I'll keep stomping in hopes that this round of chemo beats it down completely!!

Thanks for the update, Kendra. It's so good to hear from you! I'm sure the next round of chemo will kill the rest of the cancer off. You have an amazing attitude. Don't worry about your weight right now. You can concentrate on that later.

How was your vacation? Did you have a nice visit with your daughter?

Kendra, don't even worry about the weight right now, just worry about yourself getting better! I've never had chemo so I can't speak to your fatigue, but when I get really depressed and I feel like I can't move a muscle because I'm so tired, exercise is the only thing that can get me going again. It only takes once and then the next day I feel a lot better emotionally, and am able to keep going with the exercise. Then I start getting a lot more energy and don't need to sleep as much. Give it a huge effort, I know you've got to be tired, but do try and see if it helps. I'm so glad you checked in. I like to hear how you're doing!

I just received an email from Longhorns daughter. I honestly cant believe I am having to forward this on to ya'll. I have had the enjoyment and honor of meeting Kendra in person and I wish all of you had the honor. The following is the email from Laura her daughter :

Hi Mindy, I'm one of Kendra's daughters, Laura. I saw that you are a friend of hers on Facebook and I remember her telling us about you. below is the email I have been sending to all our friends and family. I know you didn't know her long, but you made an impression on my mom and for that my family and I are thankful.

At 9:10PM on Sunday, February 1, 2009, our mom, wife, daughter, sister, niece, friend, teacher, mentor, Kendra Joann Kahn, took her last breath. She was surrounded by family and friends and left us quietly and peacefully. Her battle has finally come to an end. She will be loved and missed until the end of our days and she will never be forgotten.

My dad, sisters, brother and I will hold a remembrance day in her honor next Saturday, February 7 at my parents' house in Dripping Springs. We would love to see and meet anyone who's life she has touched. This will be a time to share stories and memories or even to get to know her for the first time. Please forward this to anyone I have missed who you feel might like to know. We would like everyone to feel free to stop by anytime after 1:00PM on Saturday and stay for as long as you like. Of course we will do our best to help make arrangements for our out of town friends and family.

I would like to express again the gratitude we feel toward all of you for sharing your love, support, and strength through this painful time. I would also like to repeat our request that, in lieu of flowers, you make a donation to Hospice Austin's Christopher House where my mom was cared for and kept comfortable for her final days. Throughout this experience we have met some of the kindest, most caring people with what I consider to be one of the most emotionally draining jobs that exists. We are grateful to them all for what they do and for who they are, as we are to all of you, our friends and family.

With Much Love,

Laura Tseng, on behalf of the Kahn, Tseng and Anis Families

Oh noooooo!!! I am so shocked and saddened to hear this awful news. Kendra was such an amazing and inspiring friend to so many of us. Wow...I don't even know what to say. I'm so sorry to you, Mindy. I know you and Kendra shared a very special bond. Thank you for reaching out and letting us know of her passing. I will keep Kendra and her family in my prayers and hope that she is at peace without pain. My heart is aching and I'm crying as I type this. It's just not fair!

I am so sad to hear this news. Kendra was a member of our November 2007 group of bandsters (the November Nymphs) and I feel so fortunate to have known her. Kendra shared stories of her daughters weddings to me, as I had an upcoming wedding for my son, which finally took place last Sept.

I'm sorry that all our prayers and "Boot Kicking the cancer" could not save her.

My sincere condolences to her family.

Would you all please post to who ever may have known her .

Let them know . Her daughter was ok with anyone copying that letter and letting them know .

Please post to the nymphs and let them know as well .

I want to make sure that everyone know's our dear friend is no longer in pain .

I too was shocked . I had not hear from her since december. She emailed me and said she was giong to go to the cancer treatment centers of America in hopes they might be able to help her out a little. I emailed her in Jan , the 6th as a matter of fact to see if she was doing ok , and no response. I am not sure how long she had been bad ? Kendra never ever let on if she felt poorly . I often wondered if I could hanlde things with half the grace and dignity she did.

She will be missed

MIndy

This breaks my heart! Kendra you will be missed!! Rest in peace!!