Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 2/20 and i'm home finally

I made it!!!!! Im officially banded!!!!:)

My surgery was uneventful thank god, and my doctor said I had the liver of a skinny person!!Yippie, 4days of liquids did it.

When the nurses woke me up it felt like it had been minutes not hours. The nurse told me I had been in recovery about 1 hr and my room would be ready soon. I went back to sleep I guess because next thing I know she was shaking me again telling me to take some PERCOSET(WOW:biggrin:). Thank goodness because the pain at the port was more than i expected. The rest of my incisions dont hurt at all!?!? My night was very long, since i couldnt sleep i practiced walking the hallway. That did wonders for me because today I feel 110x better than yesterday :grouphug:.

So the only advice i can give everyone is the same given to me WALK WALK WALK as soon as possible.

I'm happy to hear your surgery went well. Thank you for the advice about eh walking! I have surgery on Monday 2/25. I will make sure I do alot of walking!

Good Luck to you

I made it!!!!! Im officially banded!!!!:tt2:

My surgery was uneventful thank god, and my doctor said I had the liver of a skinny person!!Yippie, 4days of liquids did it.

When the nurses woke me up it felt like it had been minutes not hours. The nurse told me I had been in recovery about 1 hr and my room would be ready soon. I went back to sleep I guess because next thing I know she was shaking me again telling me to take some PERCOSET(WOW:biggrin:). Thank goodness because the pain at the port was more than i expected. The rest of my incisions dont hurt at all!?!? My night was very long, since i couldnt sleep i practiced walking the hallway. That did wonders for me because today I feel 110x better than yesterday :smile:.

So the only advice i can give everyone is the same given to me WALK WALK WALK as soon as possible.

Congratulations Taismommy, I was banded 2/20 also, not feeling so hot tho.. The hospital I had my sugery in was short staffed and so they couldn't let me walk cuz now one could keep an eye on me, So I got up at one point to go to the bathroom and made them take me the long way back cuz I was trying to follow the advice of my fellow band buddies, I can't imagine having to do it outpatient tho, I felt so much better knowing that there was someone there if I needed them, and my nurses were so awesome. I'd love to keep in touch with you.. kinda the kindered thing since we were both banded the same day.. so when you have time.. I'd love to hear about your milestones and setbacks. Congratulations and good luck in your journey.

:smile::clap:Congratulations to both of you!

Glad it went well for you. I agree, :leaving:walking is the key. I am one week out and feel great. I don't plan to go back to work until next week but I am feeling up to doing a lot of little things around the house that I haven't had time to do.

Keep walking, sipping and resting. If you overdo it you won't feel so good. Just take it easy. :tt2:

Hey Taismommy

Glad to see u back, I came home Wednesday nite after surgery and was so glad to be home. We both made it---yipppeeee!!! And maya314.

I'm feeling fine other then a little sore.

We are on our way ladies:w00t:

now that i am more focused I can write more.

The surgery was good but the after care was kinda bad. My first set of nurses were great, chatty, and helpful very prepared to deal with my situation but the night crew was a different story!

When i rang the call bell because i had to goto the restroom nobody came and I was in tears! I tried to hold it but I couldnt so i struggled to sit up, unplug the IV, pull that damn pole with me and make it across my room to the bathroom. Then I had to sit and rise and the rest. I rang the emergency bell from there and still nobody so I cried and did it. Almost made it back to my bed when a male nurse passed by and saw me crying and helped me. Then he went and got my nurse barbara(she was on break and the other was around) she rushed back with pain meds and a bunch of im sorries. After that she came in my room on a regular basis to check. The other nurse came in once looked and left.

So after that i figured i could do it again on my own and didnt bother them about the bathroom, and thats how i ended up walking the halls.

The next morning when my doctor came to check on me he was surprised when i told him that i had been walking and I felt ok. He sent me for a Flouroscopy and that went very well. He later came back and told me I could go home and start STAGE 2 slowly and listen to my body !!AWESOME!

Well today is different, I put the heating pad on my back to battle the backpain and low and behold it woke up my intestines cause next thing i know i halling ass to the bathroom and the poopy gates fired at will!!:thumbup: What a relief, but now it wont stop and i keep going. Oh well.

Im glad to be on Stage 2 but im not hungry at all, so im forcing myself to drink, and eat Jello thats the best i can do at this point.

Maya314 and Megan we are Bandster Triplets, Yay!!! lets keep in touch:seeya:

StLouisgal, good luck to you and thanks for the congrats:seeya:

I'm sorry you had a bad experience at the hospital. Now you are home and can control things a little better. I'm jealous. I don't get to start stage 2 until Monday. I've had about all of the chicken broth and Jello I can hold.

Keep walking, sipping and resting. That is the key.

Take care of yourself.

Hey there taismommy,

I was also banded on the 20th of Feb, 2008 and I am gladly down 28 pounds since I started my liquid diet 2 weeks before surgery! I have yet to have my follow up with my surgeon but I am hoping that he will remember what my liver looked like as I did not deviate from the liquid diet not once. They had mentioned in our classes that they were know who the cheaters were!!

Anyways, good luck with your journey and keep in touch .. one can never have to many friends.. even though I live in Canada ..

Take Care! :rolleyes2:

Hey PIP1973 you've just made us QUADS!!

I see my dr on 3/7 for my follow up and to schedule my fill. I dont feel hungry at all, so i eat because I know i should. When I do have a meal its 1cup of something on the mushy side. That probably to much but i do space it out over an hour. What about u?

Tais:

I have been eating the blenderized sorts .. lastnight I had blended meatloaf and rice with a little chicken broth and ketchup.. it actually wasn't that bad. I feel the same way as you, I have yet to actually feel hungry but I am intaking liquids and some foods because I know I have to in order not to become dehydrated and to get the nutrients that are needed in order to be well and heal. Are you taking a chewable Multivitamin? That was recommended by my dietician so that you get get the necessary things that are needed that you are not getting out of the food.

Keep in touch .. I look forward to our journey (somewhat) together!