Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What level are all the Nov 07 bandsters at?

I had my surgery on 11-08-07 and have lost 106 lbs. pre and post op. I am lower than Dr.s goal but would like to lose a little more. Having a problem with stress eating since DH got layed off. That demon will be with me always, I guess. My health is much improved and type 2 diabetes is gone. A little shocked at all the saggy skin but it is better than 106 lbs of fat !!! Best thing I ever did, just wish it was around 30 yrs. ago. I guess at 60 I can't expect to look like I am 20. Best of luck to all of my fellow Nov. bandsters and keep up the good work and hang in there!!!!

well how is everyone after a year?

I am not quite a year yet ( Nov 28th) but it has been a crazy ride.

Never reached restriction with over 9cc's in my band. Second surgery in Aug., woke up with no band. Doc says it eroded, I say bulls**t to that. If it did erode, it was because he much too much fill without doing an x-ray or barium swallow before I got to 9cc's.

Lost 45 pounds in the first six months ( yes, without restriction) because I followed eating instructions, like two days of liquids after a fill.

Anyway, I have maintained my weight loss by walking, a lot.

So almost a year later, I am out $18,000 (I was self pay) lost 45 pounds and walk my a** off to maintain it.

Surprising I feel great! I enjoy the walking. Just still a little mad about the band experience and especially the lost $$$.

Amazing the different experience everyone has with the band.

Wow, Shortgal - I hadn't heard your story, was curious what happened. I would have been tempted to sue him for malpractice!

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I sure do admire you for being able to do this without the band. I would have given up by now. You keep up the great work! You're an inspiration to me.

Thanks Steph,

I wish I could sue him. Unfortunately what really went wrong is hard for patients to find out and in the US I must prove that I have been harmed physically. It's not enough that I am out $18000 big ones!

I do know he should have done a barium test and didn't. I think he didn't because it would have shown something he didn't want me to know. He did an x-ray and then said we have to go back in.

I should have insisted on more testing, but I am not the Doc ( altho I was suspicious) so I trusted him.

It has not been too difficult to maintain my weight ( altho) I was very scared about that at first, but losing more is VERY hard and I have to work really hard for every pound. That's why my challenge goals are so tiny!

Because of my height, I would have to weigh under 125 to be "normal" weight, so I guess I will settle for overweight. At my age, it's ok. I feel and look much better now so at least I got something for my $$$.

Hang in there, I was banded on November 14th, 2007 and I have lost 92 lbs. I am at 8 cc in a 10 cc bands. Haven't had a fill in 3 months and I am feeling great.

Eulete

hey ya'll how's it going?

check this out!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT4q8nyzTZM]YouTube - The Proviso by Moriah Jovan[/ame]