Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No Fill for Me!

Today was suppose to be my first fill. I am 6 weeks out. They refused to fill me, because I am losing about 1.5 pounds per week. My problem has been, still eating mushed foods. I really havn't tried regular foods. My doctor explained to me that when you eat solid foods, it sits on top of the band and you feel full. I tried it after the opt. And guess what? Their right. I guess I better put my nose to the grind stone, and start excersing!

28lbs in 6weeks!!!!!!! YOu go girl! wishing you the next 6 as successful as the first.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debby

BAndster in training

Hi Kristi, hope you like chicken.< /p>

Have you had a hiccup yet? ok This sounds funny, had my first one in 4 months, on tuna (early in the morning) felt great! My band's talking to me

Kristi, it sounds like your doctor really knows what he's talking about. Youre lucky! A fill now before you've really learned how to eat solid food could have presented problems. Sounds like you're doing great!!

Good for you, learning to eat the proper way is the way to go. Some people get the fill, then can't eat. As long as you are losing the weight, you certainly don't need a fill. Good Luck!

Eating solids and losing is a true test that the band is working. Your Dr. gave you very good info.

Not being able to eat solids is a sign you could be filled too tight. So it is good you are eating solids now before you get your first fill. Dark meat chicken goes down easier then the white meat. Sliced lunch meats are good too, they are solid and have lots of Protein.

You aredoing very well withyour weight loss. Congratilations!

Vera I got the hiccup, but I was waiting for the rest of them (hiccups) to follow, I didn't know it was just one. I will be watching, waiting, listening for that valuable hiccup so I can prevent the "PB". Thanks

Oh yea, you'll be happy you waited on that fill, being too restricted is not a good thing either.

Wonderful weight loss! Glad your dr. is on top of things and helping you learn to live w/your band. There is no need to rush to get that first fill. You're learning to do your part and that's the most important thing. Congratulations!

My doctor told me the same also - until you stop losing weight or inches they don't fill - and you know I'm OK with that now. I'm almost 4 weeks and I feel great - I do fill up when I eat and you know what - I'm starting to really lose my interest in food as my primary past time!

Keep going 1.5 lbs a week is great!

Congratulations on the great weightloss! Don't feel bad in them refusing to fill you. I have had many problems Healthwise since being banded, and am taking many pills now that are larger. My surgeon won't fill me because of that, and I have never even had a fill yet!!! (Banded on 11-8-04)

While I've been at a slight disadvantage for not having a fill yet, I've found that it makes me work harder in making healthier food choices and exercising. (which I get to start back up again tomorrow. Hooray!)

Keep up the great work! You're doing wonderfully!!!

~Kelly

Kristi,

That really good weight loss. And just wait when you get those wisdom teeth out it will be even more.

Kristi, it might have been a disappointment not to get a fill, but your doctor's right. And you have the right attitude, not to mention a super weight loss so far! You might be one of the lucky bandsters who can lose weight for quite a while without a fill. Test those solid Proteins slowly; most of us have at least one "problem" food that won't go down, and one junk food that is all too band-friendly. I nearly cried when the doc told me I should avoid steak. . . but, alas, my band has no problem with chocolate in any form. Some people have trouble with chicken, seafood, and eggs. Meanwhile, never mind the negative stuff -- you're doing great!