Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who has PB'd?

I have not PB'd yet but I thought I was going to on Saturday night. I was eating a fudgsicle and I could feel it gurgling but I seemed okay so I continued and then I got the pain in my chest and realized it wasn't going down. :unsure: It took a few minutes but it went down and the pain went away.

I have only twice. The last time was on Friday night on a piece of Lebanese bread.....I knew better, but thought I would try it anyway I love it grew up on it....LOL But it got stuck bigtime and I had a bad bad PB and it hurt for awhile after. I was so upset and felt bad I went to bed after it happened. LOL

I will not be anxious for it to happen again....trust me!

Kristin, how on earth can you PB with no fills? You sure got your band on the sweet spot first thing!!

Oh dear Lord I have. Definitely not a good thing. It's all a learning process.

I have not PB'd, but I have swallowed things that have made me uncomfortable. I seem to have had good luck so far with drinking some water... SIPPING... and it seems to pass just fine. I hope I NEVER PB. I would rather be nauseous with the stomach flu for a week than throw up!

I haven't PB'd but I have had to wait for food or liquid to clear. It has been a little uncomfortable but never painful, though a couple of times, I felt a little uneasy. I'm a big chicken so I really chew my food and immediately slow down if I get that feeling (and even if I don't!) I'm a little tighter in the morning so I'm careful with the one pill that I have to swallow (it's very small.) And I have a shake for Breakfast.< /p>

I know I am the odd one out.....but yes I have restriction.......LOL I think that is why I have not felt real hunger since my band was put on. I am thrilled with that trust me. I Know how lucky I am for that as well. But oh god the band hurts when you get stuck....LOL I hate that I have PB'd twice but I know folks who do it much more often that have had lots of fills as well!!

Hugz Ladies on our great success!!

I have done it several times, mostly since my last fill. I don't think I am over filled because I don't have a problem most of the time. I just need to learn to slow down and stop when I feel it is time. I am still learning.:thumbup:

I've been stuck a couple times, mostly about a month after surgery. About day four after my third or fourth fill, I got a piece of chicken stuck, I was talking and forgot to chew well. I PB'd once, I had a blackberry stuck and after a few minutes and a tast of pineapple juice, up it came.

Yogurt I have to eat slowly or else it back up a little and I gurgle.

Lately, I've had no problem getting almost anything down! I defintely need a fill!

Well yesterday was my first pb....omgosh.....that sucked. My dh asked me to bring him lunch to the jobsite (new construction, so running Water or bathroom etc), so i stopped at Wendys and i got a jr hamburger. I had but 4 bites and here comes the pain, along with the electrician..."hi there, how are you?" fine i say, and walk outside trying to overcome the pain (outside by the pool outside) lol. anyhow, he was leaving and came to say goodbye to me, :) he left and I walked inside to say something to my husband like, oh I dont know,,,HELP! too late, here comes the massive burp, and I said uh oh....shit, up it comes. :wink2: :(

I now know what it feels like....gross. Especially when you have nothing to slime in but your hands....poor dh. (laughing now), but he gags, hands me a rag, and walks away....

So, now Wendys will only be baked potatoes.....lol

Good luck to you guys, I still need to slow down, smaller bites,,,,hope and pray to God that I remember these things in the future....:)

take care,

My first PB experience was McDonald's fries. That was a sad sad day. :) I'm at 8.5 ccs right now and going for another fill tonight. I am careful about chewing but every once in a while I miss a couple chews and then I can feel it coming. It is more painful to try to make it go down than to just hurry up and cough it up. It's really not as bad as I had imagined it would be. It's a bonus that it doesn't taste like vomit.

I just had my second fill, and I am really having to eat slower and chew much better now. HUGE difference. And, I ended up having a PB. It wasn't pleasnt, and it woke me up to being more careful. It's sort of a shameful event, but at the same time it just reminds us to pay attention to what we're doing.

I have after my first fill. I have had 3 so far on english muffin and then again on chicken. Need to chew these more or forego althogher. Well I won't forgo chicken. If it's mosit, or in Soup or has sauce on it, then no problem. Still must take small bites and chew well. The PB is very uncomfortable, but it came pretty fast. Some of it would come up, then still some pressure/pain, then I take a small sip of Water and that seems to give it the needed Fluid boost to help it come up.