Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone!

I was banded Monday 11 Feb was told:

1st week Clear liquids, 2nd week thicker liquids, 3rd week mashed food with liquids, 4th-7th week introduce normal food but take it easy/slowly.

Had operation in Belgium and i has taken me till now to get back to myself. But feeling much better now i think traveling home to England the day after operation was a very stupid idea especially as the train service in the UK is notoriously crap and we had delays over 3 hours getting home on a bus as the train broke down.

I would recommend anyone getting the op, to stay in hospital or a good local hotel for a few days after the operation to recover and heal.

Good Luck Guys

Jennie

Hi all!

I had my band done 2 days ago and feel pretty good. I only had to do the clear liquid the first day and now on full liquids. As of yesterday I gained 1 pound but I think it's added Fluid from the surgery. I haven't had any of the bad shoulder pain that everyone talks about from the gas. Thank God! Good luck everyone, stay positive!:thumbup:l

Hey again

Tell me if my post op is NUTS based on you alls.

Day 1 - 10 - Clear Liquids

Day 10 - 14 - clear liquids 1 Protein shake

Day 14 - for 4 weeks - blenderized foods

After 4 weeks - for 3 weeks soft foods

Week 7 - can begin to add new foods

I AM HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!! Been doing the clear liquids and 10 mins later I am having hunger pangs

HELP:ohmy:

This is what I have been seeing in other threads... BUT

here is what my Post-Op was/is like

1-2 days - clear liquids (chicken broth, Jello, popcicles, etc.)

2 weeks - full liquids (creamed Soups (strained), thin oatmeal, mashed up cottage cheese, thin mashed potatoes and of course Protein shakes)

weeks 3-4 - pureed/mushie (chicken, tuna, cottage cheese) basically anything I can tolerate that is fairly thing

4 weeks out- soft/solid foods - adding one different each day as tolerated

I'm 16 days post surgery and this was my day yesterday:

Breakfast: Carnation Instant Breakfast w/Protein powder

10:00 Bottled Water

12:00 1/4 Cup of tuna and a Campbells Soup at hand

All after noon I sipped a bottled Water

5:30 - One piece of flaky fish with tartar sauce (this was even slightly breaded)

7:00 - 1/2 ounce of colby/jack cheese

--- Keep in mind the food food that I ate I CHEWED CHEWED CHEWED until there was almost nothing left.

The fish really seemed to curb my appetite - really nothing after 5:30 (except the small amount of cheese)

I was banded on February 6th. I've lost 31 pounds since I began this journey. When I came out of the recovery room, into the "short stay unit" {I had to stay overnight}, I was allowed to take little sips of room temperature Water that day, and the next, which was okay with me, because I didn't really want anything else. ANYWAY, these are my post-opdiet instructions:

WEEK 1 & 2

liquids only: room temperature Clear Liquids until nausea resolved, then may have full liquids, hot or cold.

{skim/fat-free milk; Slim-Fast; broths; low-fat strained creamy soups; 100% juice--4 ounce limit per day on the juice}

WEEK 3

Consume pureed texture foods, limited to 1/2 cup at a time to prevent stretching pouch. Consume meals at least 3 hours apart. Consume Water or no-calorie liquids [Crystal Light, tea, sugar-free drinks between meals; waiting one hour after "meal"--FOODS--pureed foods; soft scrambled eggs; sugar-free, low-fat pudding; fat-free yogurt, plain-no fruit; hot cereals, thinned; applesauce; low-fat creamy Soups

WEEK 4

Consume soft foods. Limit to 1/2 cup at a time, consuming meals at least four hours apart. Consume water between meals, waiting one hour after meal. FOODS: scrambled eggs; soft canned vegetables; soft canned fruits; tuna or chicken salad.

WEEK 5

Transition to solid foods. Slowly add 2 ounces of Protein and one to two ounces of vegetables three to four times a day. STOP EATING AS SOON AS YOU FEEL FULL. Consume meals at least five hours apart. Chew all solids to mushy consistency (30 times). Do not drink liquids with meals. FOODS: solid foods as tolerated; baked potato; macaroni noodles; sliced meats; add raw fruits and vegetables as tolerated; avoid stringy, fibrous foods and non-tender cuts of meats; avoid white bread, popcorn, coconut.

Also, no sodas, and a few other things, but this is what I follow. I'm on the pureed foods part now.:biggrin2: Baby food can actually taste pretty decent if you heat it and add a few spices to it :tongue2:!

Hey again

Tell me if my post op is NUTS based on you alls.

Day 1 - 10 - clear liquids

Day 10 - 14 - clear liquids 1 Protein shake

Day 14 - for 4 weeks - blenderized foods

After 4 weeks - for 3 weeks soft foods

Week 7 - can begin to add new foods

I AM HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!! Been doing the clear liquids and 10 mins later I am having hunger pangs

HELP:ohmy:

I hear you! My doctor requires

week 1-clear liquids only

week2+3- Protein shakes 3X daily

week 4+5-Mushies

week 6-solid food

I am in week 2 and having alot of trouble staying hydrated while being expected to drink so much Protein and take a liquid Vitamin and my antibiotic! I cannot get it all down yet I am physically hungry! Anyone else experiencing this?

Hey all,

I was banded 15 days ago and I am doing great. I don't weigh in again until next week, but I have already lost 15 pounds as of last week. :tongue2:

I was on full liquids from the first day after surgery. That was supposed to be for 2 weeks, but I am doing so well that they let me start mushies early.

My first meal was mashed potatoes. Since then I've been doing tuna/chicken salad (pureed), fat free refried Beans, chili (pureed), yogurt, SF pudding, and eggs.

My doctor actually wants us to get 80-100g Protein every day while we're healing, so I am drinking 3 shakes a day. I use powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury with skim milk and ice in a blender. Yum!!

No issues for me with pain, nausea or anything else. My biggest problem is not overdoing things. I feel so good I want to run, or go back to my dance classes - but the nurse says 1 more month of nothing but walking. Blah!

Hey all,

I was banded 15 days ago and I am doing great. I don't weigh in again until next week, but I have already lost 15 pounds as of last week. :tongue2:

I was on full liquids from the first day after surgery. That was supposed to be for 2 weeks, but I am doing so well that they let me start mushies early.

My first meal was mashed potatoes. Since then I've been doing tuna/chicken salad (pureed), fat free refried Beans, chili (pureed), yogurt, SF pudding, and eggs.

My doctor actually wants us to get 80-100g Protein every day while we're healing, so I am drinking 3 shakes a day. I use unjury with skim milk and ice in a blender. Yum!!

No issues for me with pain, nausea or anything else. My biggest problem is not overdoing things. I feel so good I want to run, or go back to my dance classes - but the nurse says 1 more month of nothing but walking. Blah!

I hear you on the not doing too much. I think I can do a lot more than I should be doing. Since I have caught up on my sleep I feel really good and feel like I can do anything until Whoa, slow down girl,

My post op is a little more conservative than some.

Phase 1 in the hospital

Clear liquids, ice, popcycles, Jello, Isopure Clear, etc. Goal 4-6 ounces of liquid an hour.

First day home, all above clear liquids plus 4 servings of 1/2 cup skim milk and 1/2 scoup Protein powder. total 60 grams Protein and 64 ounces of Fluid.

This phase lasts to Day 10 or post op appt.

Phase 2 is called semi solid, and includes all foods from above phase plus

cream of wheat, cream of rice, or blended oatmeal

cheese containing less than 5 grams of fat per ounce

Cottage cheese, low or non-fat

Yogurt, non-fat

Potato, boiled and mashed with skin removed

soft cooked Pasta or Soup

The following blended Soups , cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, cream of potato, and cream of Tomato.

sugar free pudding

scambled egg

canned fruit (no sugar added)

soft cooked vegatables (no dried Beans, peas, onions, cabbage, broccoli or cauliflower

crackers containing less than 3 grams of fat per serving, such as melba toast or saltines

Phase 3, starting four weeks post-op

Low carb Protein Bars, Carb Wise, Carb Minders, etc.

deli shaved chicken or trukey

seafood, moist whie fish or shellfish and tuna

smooth Peanut Butter

the following canned soups, chicken noodle, turkey noodle, and vegetarian vegetable

Cooked crumbled hamberger or ground turkey (such as sloppy joes, and ground meat casserole

Crackers containing less than 3 grams of fat per serving.

Phase 4, six weeks post-op

other foods as tolerated

Well done to all you who have already had their bands fitted.Mine is booked for 29th Feb,so I will just make it for the feb banding!

I was banded 2 days ago (Feb 19th) I am on Clear liquids and pre-mixed Protein Drinks, we are not allowed to do any type of powders - ever - that sucks, cuz I spent tons on powders before hand. Oh well. I am not hungry, actually have a hard time drinking the slim-fast/atkins drinks, but wow, I could only imagine a cheese bread stick from pizza Hut Yumm! (This from the girl who can't stomach 1 oz of slimfast - I guess I am experiencing head hunger!)

Yeah! I was banded 2 days ago on 2/19! It went great and is going great. I miss food, though...I'll be able to start on soft Protein on Sunday, 4 days post op. Right now it just the clear liquids

I was banded 2 days ago (Feb 19th) I am on Clear liquids and pre-mixed Protein drinks, we are not allowed to do any type of powders - ever - that sucks, cuz I spent tons on powders before hand. Oh well. I am not hungry, actually have a hard time drinking the slim-fast/atkins drinks, but wow, I could only imagine a cheese bread stick from pizza Hut Yumm! (This from the girl who can't stomach 1 oz of slimfast - I guess I am experiencing head hunger!)

Haha.. I can't decide if it's a nightmare or fantasy, I keep thinking of biting into a cheeseburger! My Mother was complaining of being hungry last night, I glared at her mentally and drank my chicken broth. I guess it has BEGUN right? I was banded on 2/20, still feeling pretty crappy but hopeful, My Dr started me on Clear liquids but said that I could move up to semi clear tomorrow which means Fat Free pudding.. Here I come! Yay!

Good Luck All!

Hi all, im going to banded 27/2/08 and soooooooooo nervous, excited, scared, anxious and every other feeling you can imagine. Ill let u know how i go, by the way your threads were very helpful.:tt2:

Too funny, I can't wait to get to creamy soups! Yumm - as my hubby, who has always been skinny, downs an entire package of Oreos in front of me! I keep thinking, everyone else can do it, so can I. We will get there!