Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Movies

The Village was really good... I freaked out with the ending... Awsome Movie! Another good movie I like is Dream a Little Dream.... with Corey Haim and Corey Feldman....

I stand corrected. LOL!!!

Cell???? That was Jennifer Lopez.. The Halle berry movie your thinking of is Gothika... I own that movie too

I also love anything with Robin Williams in it.

Patch Adams

What dreams this way come -- I think that was the title. He is trying to find his wife in heaven that committed suicide. Is that right?

Trish~ Me and my husband collect movies. We are up to at least 350 + movies. We have way to many favorites,but I like comedy and action and he likes horror and SI FI and action. We have everything from( Forrest Gump )to (The River dance )and (Terminatar. )LOVE DISNEY MOVIES OF ALL KINDS.We have collected everything from( Herbie rides again) to (Sleeping Beauty and The Sound Of Music.) LOVE MOVIES!!!!

Yet another thing we have in common.. your collection is MUCH better then mine though!!!

Anyone think of the Anthony Hopkins/Debra Winger movie name? It's driving me nuts!

There's another Anthony Hopkins movie where he plays a butler, with Emma Thompson. Great movie, and I love period pieces also, Alex.

LOVED Sixth Sense, haven't seen Village but I will...don't spoil the ending!

Weirdest? The Piano, Holly Hunter was amazing.

Oh, and Gilbert Grape...yes, I'm always watching how actors portray people with Mental Retardation, especailly, since I have experience (in my past life) working with lots of different folks with developmental disabilities. And yes, Leo was right ON that one. Very well done. Also, Dustin Hoffman, Rainman, well done. Oh! and what's his name in The Awakening with Robin Williams, he did a great job.

Not so good job playing MR? Was it Juiliette Lewis? in The Other Sister...I thought her speech capabilities didn't match her apparent cognitive skills...it just didn't jive well for me.

The Baby Boom. Titanic. Good Will Hunting.

The best southern accent? IMHO, being Southern with no accent (?) Natasha Richardson in Nell. She NAILED it!

This is fun! Good thread, Trish! I'm reminded of so many movies I need to purchase.

Hey, how can I purchase all the Disney movies? you know, Snow White, Cinderella, Bambi, sleeping Beauty, etc. Is my best bet e-bay?

There ya go!!

Anyone think of the Anthony Hopkins/Debra Winger movie name? It's driving me nuts!

SHADOWLANDS

There's another Anthony Hopkins movie where he plays a butler, with Emma Thompson. Great movie, and I love period pieces also, Alex.

HOWARD's END

Becky I love What's Eating Gilbert Grape

Forrest Gump and Ghost and Radio oh and I just saw Ray ( great movie) they are all at the top of my list

I'm into love stories and comedies,documenteries where as the rest of my family is not.

My husband has a very extensive DVD collection but none of the movies I like

YES on Shadowlands, but I don't think Howard's End is right...? Wow thanks for Shadowlands. Whew!

Hmmm, why is Howards End not sounding right?

editing again...Okay, Howards End does indeed star both Anthony Hopkins and Emma Thompson, however, the movie I am thinking of is called "The Remains of the Day" YES! Hey, thanks Penni, you are a dream!

Somewhere in Time (My all time fave)

Love Story

Greencard

Gone with the Wind

Jane Eyre

Wuthering Heights

Ice Castles (okay, I know it's cheesy, but I love it)

Looking at my list, I guess I am into tragic romances lol

Ice Castles with Robbie Benson and the ice skater? Holly something-something (hyphenated)? I loved that movie!!! and the piano music, I'm hearing it now...

Other cheesy movies, Staying Alive (love it!) Dirty Dancing is good but overplayed, Flashdance!

The Best Me~ I found alot of the Disney movies I have at BlockBuster when they have previously viewed movies for sale. I have never had any problems with them working.

Ebay might be a good place to check. You might even have to get into one of those movie clubs . That could get really expensive though!!

5,000 fingers of Dr. T (very first live action Dr. Seuss movie, filmed in the 1950’s. Favorite line: “Is it…. Atomic???”

Better Off Dead

Paint Your Wagons

Sean of the Dead (it’s a love story, with zombies!)

Edward Scissorhands

Mystery Men

Buckaroo Bonsai and His Adventures In The 8th Dimension

Galaxy Quest

Overboard

Dodge Ball

And this is just the movies off the top of my head…

Elephant Man*** - need lots of tissues (true story)

MASK*** - love Cher! Again, lots of tissues

The Mask

Ice Castles - oh, yeah!! :)

Gothika - THANKS! That's the one!!

Awakenings*** Truly, anything with Robin Williams - he's the BOMB

The Long Kiss Goodnight - yes!! DITTO, DITTO, DITTO on Morgan Freeman!

What Women Want - ah, Mel Gibson... <3 ;)

Ooooh!!! Flashdance!!! I STILL think I could dance like that if I just practiced... lol

Greencard - yes!

The Ring

The first "Scream"

Single White Female

The Hunger***

The Shining***

Terms of Endearment

Wolf

Hitchcock's "The Birds"

Heathers

Willow

Firestarter

Poltergeist***

Everafter - A Cinderella Story

E.T.

The Wedding Singer

50 First Dates

Altered States

Glasshouse

Poison Ivy

Point of No Return

Fried Green Tomatoes

Driving Miss Daisy

Jack

Dead Poets Society

Moscow on the Hudson

Can I do it 'til I Need Glasses

Bicentennial Man

Phenomonen

Seven

Bruce Almighty

And I always shop at www.half.com first. Now, don't be blaming me if you spend all your rent money there - I'm just passing out info - you're responsible for your own finances!!! lol

I feel a half.com marathon coming on.... YIKES!!! Can anyone do an intervention?!?! :eek :eek :eek :D