Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Val

my detox is green veggies and i had a small head of cabbage so here is what I did

in a big pot, 2tbs olive oil, saute 1 onion and some garlic

when start to turn clear, added:

1 very small head of cabbage

2lb bag of frozen spinach

2 cans no salt added diced tomatoes

1 32oz low sodium chicken broth

seasoned with cyanne, fiesta seasoning, and added some dried minced garlic and onion.

simmered until cabbage was tender and i'm having a bowl right now. it is really good. I didn't want a ton of broth but you can add more if needed. when I warmed it up I squeezed a lemon wedge into the bowl, I love lemon on spinach.

so easy

with the detox, i get unlimited chicken and green veggies and 3 small oranges a day, so this is very satisfying and can eat as much as i want

making your detox Soup Jenn, db left today, so gonna try and rid my body of all the sugar i have been consuming..how are u doing with the detox and biggest loser diet?

OK so I just had the Soup and it is good except I bought the diced tomatoes with basil and oregano an don't care for those spices in this soup, otherwise it is good. thanx jenn hope it does the job, also bought some mandarin oranges in pear juice and a rotisserie chicken. I am going to cook as little as possible while he is gone...lol

Val where are you hiding,and whats going on with your band?

not hiding...just busy. i have been able to eat a little. i have jury duty this week and was afraid to make an appt. so i will ride it out till next week...lol. i had chicken salad for lunch today and no problems as long as i only eat a little

thats great, maybe you wont have to get unfilled. i am still too loose

Well I'm on my way to the EGD done :thumbup: I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Wish me well ;)

making your detox Soup Jenn, db left today, so gonna try and rid my body of all the sugar i have been consuming..how are u doing with the detox and biggest loser diet?
I am doing ok, yesterday I was bad and lazy, but today back on track. I added a serving of Biggest Loser meatballs to my soup, it was amazing. I was scared because I was able to eat the last couple of days, NO MORE, must be TOM. The only time I can eat anything in site is 2 days before, but since I don't physically get it, I never know.
OK so I just had the soup and it is good except I bought the diced tomatoes with basil and oregano an don't care for those spices in this soup, otherwise it is good. thanx jenn hope it does the job, also bought some mandarin oranges in pear juice and a rotisserie chicken. I am going to cook as little as possible while he is gone...lol
I'm so glad you like it, and quick and easy. Enjoy your couple of days and take the time for you
not hiding...just busy. i have been able to eat a little. i have jury duty this week and was afraid to make an appt. so i will ride it out till next week...lol. i had chicken salad for lunch today and no problems as long as i only eat a little

I'm glad you can eat a little, I get head hungry a lot or want to finish everything on my plate, even if small plate. Take it nice and slow and I bet you will be fine! :)

Well I'm on my way to the EGD done :thumbup: I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Wish me well ;)

Great thoughts going your way! Keep us posted.

Good morning, trying to choke down an egg and heading to the gym

Well I'm on my way to the EGD done :) I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Wish me well ;)

Omg Yvette I didn't know today was the day, good luck gurlfriend, i getting it done in the spring. let us know how you do.....:thumbup:

I am doing ok, yesterday I was bad and lazy, but today back on track. I added a serving of Biggest Loser meatballs to my Soup, it was amazing. I was scared because I was able to eat the last couple of days, NO MORE, must be TOM. The only time I can eat anything in site is 2 days before, but since I don't physically get it, I never know.

I'm so glad you like it, and quick and easy. Enjoy your couple of days and take the time for you

I'm glad you can eat a little, I get head hungry a lot or want to finish everything on my plate, even if small plate. Take it nice and slow and I bet you will be fine! ;)

Great thoughts going your way! Keep us posted.

Good morning, trying to choke down an egg and heading to the gym

I am always head hungry, and I know what you mean about the TOM, cause I dont physically get it either, but still get all the rest. pms, hunger, etc...all we can do is try our best. I'm hungry and I just ate.. wtf, i suck...

Omg Yvette I didn't know today was the day, good luck gurlfriend, i getting it done in the spring. let us know how you do.....:thumbup:

Hi Vicki,

I got it done! It was'nt bad at all!! The GI people were sooo incredably nice and procedure went by really quick.

Dr. Hoffman as usual was very nice and comical, he made it really easy for me to relax. The only thing I remember was Dr H. saying to swallow something and that was it. I even had nice music to listen to (WJYE I think?) Anyways..my throat is only very mildly sore.

Oh and Vicki, he did'nt take any Fluid out the either.

However, I did gain 1lb so I think he's going to give me a tiny fill when I go back next month.

Hi Vicki,

I got it done! It was'nt bad at all!! The GI people were sooo incredably nice and procedure went by really quick.

Dr. Hoffman as usual was very nice and comical, he made it really easy for me to relax. The only thing I remember was Dr H. saying to swallow something and that was it. I even had nice music to listen to (WJYE I think?) Anyways..my throat is only very mildly sore.

Oh and Vicki, he did'nt take any Fluid out the either.

However, I did gain 1lb so I think he's going to give me a tiny fill when I go back next month.

All right, I am so glad to hear everything went smooth. did he take any biopsies, he told me he would when he did mine. I am so glad to hear he didn't deflate you, i was wondering about that...How do u feel now...:thumbup:

i did so good today, and i am in a slight depressed funk, i'll get over it and be fine, but going to order dinner

I got an antipasta salad I am going to share with my dd and she wanted fries so I'm sure I'll have one or 2. so I guess could have been much worse

did do 50 mins on the arc trainer today... but I was also just as lazy the ret of the day so does it count?

it seems to be working out vicki

All right, I am so glad to hear everything went smooth. did he take any biopsies, he told me he would when he did mine. I am so glad to hear he didn't deflate you, i was wondering about that...How do u feel now...:thumbup:

I think he did do a biopsy but i'm not sure as I did'nt get to talk to him afterwards. He told my brother everything went ok. I'll know more when I see him my next visit. I think he's going to give me a fill ..not sure though.

I feel pretty good.. throat still a little sore but I can still talk! lol I slept for a good while too.

Edited by BigGurlX

I think he did do a biopsy but i'm not sure as I did'nt get to talk to him afterwards. He told my brother everything went ok. I'll know more when I see him my next visit. I think he's going to give me a fill ..not sure though.

I feel pretty good.. throat still a little sore but I can still talk! lol I slept for a good while too.

good glad to hear it, makes me feel better about the process ahead too. I need a fill too, will wait till next visit, the scale is up from yesterday.