Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm now officially a Bandolero!

Tell this to my wife - she's been nagging the $#!+ out of me: "Get up, need to walk!" "Get up, have some water!" etc., etc. If she weren't around, I'd really be on the mend. :biggrin:

We finally had "the talk" this evening, after I got about 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep only to feel the best I have in a week. "Honey, I love you and I appreciate all you're trying to do, but if anything at this point you're being more detrimental to my recovery than helpful. So please, just leave me be unless I call for you." I've probably pissed her off, but she'll get over it as she always does.

On the plus side, today the stomach pain is virtually gone. I've not had trouble with gas much at all save the occasional 'stuck' belch, and today I indulged on a popsicle - the first time I'd eaten one since I think I was maybe 10-11 years old. Coughing is still a challenge, though not as painful tonight as it was yesterday.

LOL, okay yeah, that wouldn't have gone over well with me either! I think you handled it quite well. I am fortunate to have a very patient and loving husband. Lord knows he has to be with me! He actually gave me a bell to ring when I need him. I just used my cell phone and called him though! :thumbup:

Glad to hear that you are finally getting some rest and that your tummy soreness is starting to fade away. You will find it improves daily!:biggrin:

I think you handled it quite well.

True, considering what I was really thinking was akin to "Damnit, woman, would you please just leave me the f*** alone!"

:thumbup:

And by the way ladies, most times when a guy's speaking to you nicely (in one of those tones that you aren't quite sure if he's really being nice or just condescending toward you) in an effort to stop doing something, you've literally hit their last nerve, and they're about to snap... so cease and desist whatever it is you're doing post-haste. :biggrin2:

Sadly, my wife hasn't gotten that after, oh, 17 years or so... but I think she got it today. :biggrin:

Well, while the surgeon himself has proven to be great, his office staff proved themselves to me to be borderline incompetent - they missed key points all along the way, only remembering them if I brought them up.

At one point someone among their office staff said they utilized a "team approach" to the process, at which point I piped up that if that were true, the team had a strange resemblance to the Pittsburgh Pirates or Tampa Bay Devil Rays. :ohmy:

Hey!, The Pirates never give up! :cheers2:

Hey!, The Pirates never give up! :cheers2:

Perhaps, but the last time they won a World Series, I was watching it at Memorial Stadium in knee socks and you hadn't been born yet. :ohmy:

My mental battle with food has taken a weird turn today. Though I've by and large been okay in the hunger department, satisfying myself with allegedly forbidden pleasures like Tomato Soup and yogurt smoothies (protein shakes start Monday), I've taken interest in something I had never even remotely considered before - going into a food service-related business, specifically a hot dog or sub sandwich shop.

I've spent the bulk of the last 24 hours mentally listing the different kinds of meats and cheeses that are common to sub shops (Subway, Jersey Mike's, etc.), and/or doing similar mental lists of Condiments for hot dogs (mustard, relish, kraut, even some that make me gag to think about such as ketchup and slaw).

I even went so far as to look into commercial hot dog grilling equipment - what it cost, how it is to operate, etc. The entire time I wasn't thinking that I was hungry, or how much I could've went for a good dog or sub (at the time, I wasn't remotely hungry) and I didn't buy anything of course, but it was a solid hour before it dawned on me what I was doing. Talk about a deep-seated craving for a Nathan's Famous expressing itself in a weird way!

:lol: