Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Delicious slow cooker recipe....and only three ingredients...

Pork chops (I used four bone in frozen chops)

1/2-3/4cup of teriyaki sauce (only 15 calories per serving...so not bad)

bag of frozen veggies (I used snow peas, carrots and onions)

Put chops in the slow cooker (I put mine in frozen) and cover with the teriyaki sauce...then put bag of veggies on top... Cook on low for 8 hours.

Wow...so easy and my whole family liked it... Especially my three year who asked for seconds on the meat...The kids didn't like the veggies, so they had carrot sticks and fresh snowpeas...but dh and I really enjoyed it...AND...we have enough for lunch for tomorrow...

Enjoy!

Rain

Oh I really hope that this thread gets lots of yummy slow cooker recipes----I'll dig one up and post tomorrow!!!

Thanks for this one!

Kat

Ok, here is one...

Chuck Roast w/ gravy

One large boneless chuck roast (fresh or frozen)

Put roast in slow cooker and season with salt and pepper. Then sprinkle

Teriyaki on top. Next put a layer of A-1 sauce on top, followed by a can of cream of mushroom Soup. Cut up an onion and throw it in along with a bag of baby carrots and potatoes if you want to. Let it cook all day until it is fall apart tender. This roast makes its own gravy, so mashed potatoes are a must.

round roast, any size....i phk onion Soup, i can crm of mushroom soup, and Water or wine 8-12 oz, garlic is nice too...ad mushrooms,any veg you like...slow cook high for all day...shred then thicken the juice with a little cornstarch+water.....soo tender and good

amanda

How simple is that?. I dont eat pork chops becuase I just dont like them that much - they're so huge and tough and the big strip of fat on them, ugh. But that I could probably do - it sounds good.

Hi Rain, the pork chops sound good, but I made pork chops Sunday in sauce in the slow cooker and really got sick. I think they stuck even though I took small bites. Got the slimy thing. I have them in the fridge but am afraid to eat them.

I like to make stuffed peppers using ground turkey, and I make Turkey or chicken Loaf. Don't know the exact measurements, but:

1 lb turkey or chicken ground

1 egg

corn flake crumbs

usual salt/pepper

about 3 T mustard (I like the regular yellow mustard for this)

about 3 T ketchup

some garlic powder

some dried onion

mix it all up and bake it like you would a meat loaf. Yummy

I have not been banded yet (going on 3 weeks waiting for insurance approval) but I have been eating ground turkey for years, so I will share some of what I make with it. My meatloaf is a make-it-up-as-you-go-along kind of dish. I use oat bran instead of bread crumbs or cornflakes (heart benefits) and depending on my mood I will use a meatloaf seasoning packet, or even a taco or chili seasoning packet (if you like a little zing to your loaf). Sometimes I throw in an egg, sometimes not. Sometimes with the taco or chili seasoning I will add chunky salsa instead of Tomato sauce. If I want less zing I will throw in Birdseye Pepper Stir Fry (good on pizza too--consists of 3 colors of peppers and onion chunks) whatever cheese I happen to have (fat free or low fat shredded cheddar or mozarella or the parmesan/romano that you put on spaghetti, or even fat free feta). I usually make a large loaf about 2 lbs. or slightly more, and I add the wet ingredients then the oat bran and adjust if too wet or dry. I am not a scratch cook by any means, but my meatloaf is pretty good if I do say so myself.

I also make chili with ground turkey (the 97/3 turkey is lower in fat than the ground chicken): 1 pkg turkey, browned; 1 pkg chili seasoning (I think there is a reduced salt one); 1 can Beans undrained (kidney, black, pinto--whatever you like); 1 15 oz can tomato sauce; 1 7 oz can chopped green chilis. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes, spread shredded cheese over top to melt (I use fat free cheddar or mozarella) and enjoy. I think the above foods are permitted but if not sure check with your dietician.

Lechon Asada (Cuban pork roast dish):

Pork roast, shoulder or some other pork "chunk" meat.

Mojo Criollo (a marinade, I buy the Goya brand).

Adobo (a seasoning kind of, I buy the Goya brand).

Some kind of vegetable, I usually do sliced onion.

Just chuck in the meat and add about 1/2 bottle of the marinade (it's wine bottle size, which I think 750ml, so about 365ml) and the veggies and cook on low until the meat falls apart. When I've had this on my trips to Florida it has always been served with fried plantains, so I usually make those as a side dish.

The Banquet frozen crockpot meals are good, I just avoid the breading in the dumplings and focus on meat but my husband loves them so they are really easy to fix.

Pork chops (I used four bone in frozen chops)

1/2-3/4cup of teriyaki sauce (only 15 calories per serving...so not bad)

bag of frozen veggies (I used snow peas, carrots and onions)

Put chops in the slow cooker (I put mine in frozen) and cover with the teriyaki sauce...then put bag of veggies on top... Cook on low for 8 hours.

Wow...so easy and my whole family liked it... Especially my three year who asked for seconds on the meat...The kids didn't like the veggies, so they had carrot sticks and fresh snowpeas...but dh and I really enjoyed it...AND...we have enough for lunch for tomorrow...

Enjoy!

Rain

This sounds good!! I don't eat pork chops, but I think I'll try it with chicken. Thanks for sharing!!

The pork chops sound awesome, I love anything with teriyaki. I have downloaded it into my MasterCook program and am going to try it this week after my hubby gets back from out of town.