Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

is anyone so tight they can't drink in the morning?

You should be able to eat solids and keep them down. My doctor said if that you PB more than once every two weeks you are too tight. In my case, I can only eat 3-4 bites or 1 oz at a time several times a day. Good luck.

Thank you all for your kind words. I am now back from Houston. Very nice people there. I had a fluro and it showed excessive swelling, the Dr there beleives there was an obstruction they took out most of my fill and I am to stay on liquids for 5 days, but still can not keep the liquids down but they did go in twice, the first time they only took half the fill out then I vomited right away, and I mean right away so the Dr. had to go back in and remove the rest.. I still do not really know what happened, they said it could be a number of things. it could be I ate something and did not chew it enough or my last fill caused the obstruction or a combination, either way I am not happy. I had my surgery in December and have only lost 13 lbs so far. that is very upsetting and now this. I just do not understand since the original surgery I have been almost 3 weeks (at different times and for different reasons) been on just liquids. You would think that I would have lost alot more by now.

I would like to get your opinion on the office that did my lap band. When I first had the lap band done they were told several times that I would be moving within 3 to 4 months, they assured me they had a clinic and a doctor that would take over my care, so I went ahead and paid the cash for the operation, now they say they do not know anyone in that area and they refuse to refund any of the money I have paid. I told them that I would need to see a doctor where I live and this last episode is proof of that and they cannot charge me for services I did not have, they stated that I could just fly back here, but I do not find that reasonable that is why I paid the extra to have it done here instead of mexico for a cheaper rate (I have several other medical conditions) I still have not been able to see the nutritionist she is never available the next apointment is the end of march.. again I had my surgery in December. Now the dr's wife told me I could not speak to anyone in the office except the office manager, not even the nurse because she is upset that I asked for the money back and since I am self pay I can not call the after hours number because I can only see this Dr. not the Dr on call for him when he is out. This Doctor is a very good surgeon but if his wife keeps controlling everything it does not matter how good he is she controls everything he does. about 10 days after my surgery I had an infection and was not allowed to see him I had to see his wife who is a nurse she told me it was not infected, the other nurse in the office said it was but I could not get anything because the wife said it wasnt so I went to my pcp and yes I did have an infection. I can not stand to go back to this office and I feel I should not have to pay for services I did not or will never get. Please tell me how you all feel about this. Do you think it is wrong for me to ask for a portion of the money back? and now this new thing that I can only speak to the office manager I am so uncomfortable just calling there knowing she has created this big mess, I am not getting the help I need.. please let me know what you think I should do, there are so many more nasty things this women has said to me but this post is already to long to add more. i can save it for another time. thanks again everyone I do so appreciate your help

I just sent you an email .

Mindy

Ok I was filled on tuesday and when I left the office I was able to drink a full glass of Water before I left and next morning swelling set in and can only get in 3 oz of Fluid a hour and today drank 4 oz protien shake in am and slowly increasing my fluids. Tonight I took in 6 oz broth in 30 mins so why was it so much eaiser to drink down hot fluids vs cold fluids?

I believe that I read that it is because warm fluids relax the muscles and cold fluids cause the muscles to contract. Weird.

i can only get in fluids until 11 or 12 and then i start to loosen up. that is just how my restriction is. it bothered me at first but i have learned that is just how MY band works. its different for everyone.

Hi there. I had a similar problem a couple of months ago. I went and had a fill and before I even left the office, I wondered if it was too tight but the nurse practitioner told me that it would be fine. During the weekend, I couldnt even sleep becuz I would wake up in during the night chocking and gagging. I literally couldnt swallow my own saliva at night. And during the day, I couldnt drink even Water. I was a little scared! My fill was on friday so I couldnt get ahold of anyone until monday .. but I went back in and had some taken out. It made a big difference. So, yes you can definately have too much in a fill .. even .2 ccs can make a difference!

I notice a huge difference between what i can eat/drink in the morning versus the evening. In the morning, i have to drink everything really slow becuz its so restricted but then by evening i can eat and drink a lot more. (which isnt neccessarily good either :biggrin2: )

amazing grace....

I'm going to go out on a limb here and tell you that you need to contact a lawyer. The treatment you are getting at the clinic is wrong. DEAD WRONG. They are putting your life in danger. pure and simple. sounds like more than once. Do you have a lawyer? Call around and see if someone can help you. What they did is theft, and malpractice. You paid for the DOCTOR to see you, not his dizzy, greedy wife. You have proof that you had an infection. At the least, you need to report this to the medical board.

I had an OB/GYN once whose wife insisted that she come into the room while he was examining patients. It turned out she wasn't even a nurse!!! I got the hell out of there fast. To many wierd implications.....

I just last weekend got my teeth whitened at my beauty salon. They said my teeth would be sensitive for 24 hours. Well the next morning my gums were white, swollen and were peeling off skin in chunks. Next day, same thing so I RAN to the dentist. My gums were badly burned and receded. I had the dentist take photographs and then went back tot he salon. I told them the dentis had documented the incident and took photos and I also called the company that manufactured the equipment and solution. I reported it to them as well. I tell you what. The salon couldn't refund my money fast enough and paid my entire dental bill along with the medication (rinse) I was given. The manufacturer has been calling and checking on me. They're scared to death of a lawsuit. That Bimbo wife of your doctor should be worried about the same thing. When her husband loses his licesne to practice medicine due to her unprofessionalism, she'll be up a creek and will have to have that lovely mercedes in her driveway reposessed!!!

this kind of crap makes me so mad.

Edited by aubrie