Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm officially in bandster hell. Help!

I do agree that the solids are much harder than the liquid/puree to get in. I have measured every single thing that has gone into my mouth, but still cannot lose on solids! I am going to try some tea tonight and see if it helps.

I do not feel as full as I did the first month. I had to reschedule my fill for 2/26 and I wish I could get it sooner.

Good Luck!

Well, I hate to admit it, but I finally broke down and overate this weekend. I didn't PB, but my stomach feels like I was kicked by a horse. It's really tender. I go for my fill on Friday. I hope the doc doesn't chew me out. They told me that he can tell if you over eat.

Do you think 1 time will give me away?

Suzanne, I don't think one time will put you over the top..

I got my first fill today so i hope this help and i stay full longer. the past week was a battle. I didn't give in but it was hard.

anyone doing any walking for excercise, i was banded 2-6-8, obstructed 2-7-8 and revised 2-8-8...now i have hunger pangs....so i've just been drowning them with fluids.....i'm still weak from the 2 surgeries, but can't wait to get back to my walking on lunch hour --it helped so much...

Remember all the little victories that have no connection with numbers on the scale

amanda

I have been walking. I stopped and jumped on the bike the last 5days because of the cold here but when i went to the doctor today he said that one or the other was fine but to hold off on anything else for two more weeks. It helps a lot. I have also been trinking a ton of Crystal Light.

What types of things are you eating at this point?

I have been eating fish, and chili mostly. Yesterday I had chicken. I try to put in vegetables too. I have felt restriction once, and that is when I drank a Protein smoothie too fast. Nothing from eating food. I find that during the day at work I eat really slowly if I eat at my desk instead of the lunch room. But still don't feel full.

For example, this is my day thus far. One egg, ham and cheese on an English muffin. 8oz greek yogurt, 1 cup string Beans. one cup coffee, one cup Decaf tea, one cup Water. Will have 4oz cottage cheese around 4 if I feel hungry, took out pork cutlets to defrost for tonite, with 1 cup of broccoli planned.

Wow, 2 surgeries...not fun! Do they know why you were obstructed?

I've been trying very hard to get some exercise in but I have had little energy and just don't feel like it. I did do the treadmill and elliptical over the weekend though!

Congrats to everyone on this thread...we've all had a very hard time with hunger and not feeling full...yet everyone has stuck very diligently to their prescribed eating plans...go Bandsters!!:smile2:

I'm sure that one time won't do any damage. I imagine at some point everyone over eats to test the limits.

I hope you feel better soon.

I did it again. :( I got my first fill Friday 4.5 cc in a 10cc band. Last night when I had dinner, I got a little uncomfortably full. I haven't PB'd or anything, but I was a little stuffed feeling.

I'm going to be more dilligent about measuring my food from now on.

5cc's in a 10cc band. Taking the pain meds again because I fell through the stairs into my basement. The story is in the Lap Band lounge. Anyway, all weekend the pills go down no problem.

This morning, only took the Ibuprofen, and bam, it got stuck. Warm tea not doing it. Went out on a Quest for pineapple juice,( I heard that helps) in Manhattan, hit 6 stores, couldn't find any, and finally bought mixed fruit and threw it in the blender. Don't know if that helped but the feeling isn't as painful anymore. Its still there, and I have a bad headache, but not as powerful.

5cc's in a 10cc band. Taking the pain meds again because I fell through the stairs into my basement. The story is in the Lap Band lounge. Anyway, all weekend the pills go down no problem.

This morning, only took the Ibuprofen, and bam, it got stuck. Warm tea not doing it. Went out on a Quest for pineapple juice,( I heard that helps) in Manhattan, hit 6 stores, couldn't find any, and finally bought mixed fruit and threw it in the blender. Don't know if that helped but the feeling isn't as painful anymore. Its still there, and I have a bad headache, but not as powerful.

I never heard the thing about pineapple juice, but you can always find it at a liquor store if you can't find it in the grocery store....

Ugh, I think I am officially entering Bandster hell as well. I am 2 days from the end of my postop food phase - and I have ZERO restriction with the band. Nothing so far at all. I lost no weight last week (oh well, hopefully this week brings better things) and I can't get my first fill until March 10th. That seems so far away. I am however excited to get to be out of post op food phase on Thursday. I think I shall have Sushi lol.

I had my 2nd fill Friday and have 6cc in my 10cc band and I did eat a little too fast last night and had a really hard time (for the first time). I did end up PB'ing and was very uncomfortable for close to a half hour before it resolved. NOT FUN...I definitely will be more careful going forward.