Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Murphy can take his damn law and shove it

1. Last sunday I was stopped at a red light and someone rear ended me going about 60 mph. My car wasn't totalled, but the repairs are over $15k and will take at least another week just to get the parts in, let alone begin repairs. So we're down to my husband's truck and a tiny rental car. I'm hurting, and my doc is throwing out phrases like "long term physical therapy."

2. Oh, while I'm at post-ER follow-up with my regular doc, she's feeling my joints and tells me she thinks I have minimal symptoms but early signs of osteoarthritis. :cake: TG for my band, and a renewed determination from her comment to get the last of the lbs off.

3. This past Sunday - one week after the rear ending, I'm driving my husband's truck (out of town) because it beats the tiny loaner, get caught in a freak winter snow/hail/rain/sleet all at the same time storm, and have a low speed collision with a guard rail -- hitting "just right" to make his truck undriveable.

4. So *both* our cars are out of comission, one out of town, the other out for at least another week. We have a tiny loaner, and are reticent to take out a second. And today I remember that we keep our mailbox keys in our cars. I did think to grab mine when I went to sign the repair uthorizations, put them in my purse, which flipped & emptied when I crashed in my husband's truck. So as far as we know, both keys are in his truck out of town but we won't be able to get there until Friday at the earliest, so we don't even know for sure.

5. Sunday was our tax appointment and due to the freak storm that got me, it took about 10 hours to get his truck towed so we were no call/no show for our appointment. (My father picked me up after the accident, we were about 4 miles out of town, and in the 4 miles back to town we saw 18 individual or multi-car wrecks that weren't there when he drove the first time to get me). This included the first of their three trucks going off the road, and the second catching on fire en route to bring the first truck in.

6. Oh yeah - the day after I wrecked the truck, was my husband's first day at a new job. We needed his focus to be the job, so I took on the full weight of managing everything for both accidents. Plus he's 6'5, 260, and trying to drive the tiny rental car to & fro his new job -- perfect, he's being a grouchy whiner... "wah, my kneecaps slam into the console when I break" -- "wah, I can't sit in it without reclining the seat all the way back." :)

7. Then I remember - my textbooks for school (last class in my graduate program and I'm trying to maintain a 4.0 so getting things done on time, and done very well, is extra important) are in his truck too, out of town -- crap, I have an assignment due that night. Fortunately my professor, whom I've had before and have a good rapport with, was beyond reasonable and offered to give me a pass on the assignment without any point deductions - I didn't even have to make it up.

8. Then I remember - crap, I had just picked up RX refills from crash #1 (rear-ending), and they're in the truck too. Of course, when the truck was towed I remembered to get things like the garage door opener, my cell phone, some curtains I had just bought, etc. but forget the things like keys, books, and medicine.

9. My in-laws are arriving around the 18th of this month and spending 2 weeks with us. I'd been trying to do mad house cleaning and had really hoped to get painters in here before they arrive. Yeah, you got it - painters had been scheduled the week after my rear-ending, but I was not in any condition to deal with them so we cancelled. I know, who cares, could be worse, but you don't know my in-laws. :mad:

I feel like life is complete & utter chaos right now. I grabbed stuff willy nilly out of both cars, and have been forgetting where I put it. Not sleeping well. Hurting. Stressed about school & in-laws. Their visit includes a mini-trip elsewhere, so also stressed about that. The one good thing is that my employer has been awesome and completely removed any work-related stress.

Here's to hoping something will go right soon.

Sounds like a Litany of Terrors, especially when you add in the imminent arrival of the in-laws. You have my deepest sympathy.

I hate that freaking Murphy, his Laws are complete CRAP, aren't they?

Wheet, here's hoping it comes together and gets better, REALLY FAST for you!

Dayum, that's a lot of rotten crap to have happen in a short period of time. It HAS to get better from here, doesn't it?

HOLY CRAP!

so sorry to hear everything going on right now from both cars out of commission to the arrival of the in-laws.

like faith said, it has to get better ...

Wheetsin,

So sorry to hear about your bad luck. I hope some day you can look back on this and laugh. Some how I don't think that will be any time soon. Good luck and keep your chin up. Remimber Mother said there would be days like this, but she never said there would be so many.

jp

Look at it this way, they say things happen in 3's ... you are set for a few years now ....

Silver lining ... not a shining silver lining but its still silver none the less.

Sorry for all you are dealing with. Hugs.

My life is always like that, complete and utter caos. Never changes, sometimes I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Then wham, something else freaking happens.

I just sit down, take deep breaths and say, "this too shall pass." Then sarcastically sing to myself The sun will come out tomorrow, so you better hang on till tomorrow.. ha..ha...

But yes, life is a bitch and then you die.

1. Last sunday I was stopped at a red light and someone rear ended me going about 60 mph. My car wasn't totalled, but the repairs are over $15k and will take at least another week just to get the parts in, let alone begin repairs. So we're down to my husband's truck and a tiny rental car. I'm hurting, and my doc is throwing out phrases like "long term physical therapy."

2. Oh, while I'm at post-ER follow-up with my regular doc, she's feeling my joints and tells me she thinks I have minimal symptoms but early signs of osteoarthritis. ;) TG for my band, and a renewed determination from her comment to get the last of the lbs off.

3. This past Sunday - one week after the rear ending, I'm driving my husband's truck (out of town) because it beats the tiny loaner, get caught in a freak winter snow/hail/rain/sleet all at the same time storm, and have a low speed collision with a guard rail -- hitting "just right" to make his truck undriveable.

4. So *both* our cars are out of comission, one out of town, the other out for at least another week. We have a tiny loaner, and are reticent to take out a second. And today I remember that we keep our mailbox keys in our cars. I did think to grab mine when I went to sign the repair uthorizations, put them in my purse, which flipped & emptied when I crashed in my husband's truck. So as far as we know, both keys are in his truck out of town but we won't be able to get there until Friday at the earliest, so we don't even know for sure.

5. Sunday was our tax appointment and due to the freak storm that got me, it took about 10 hours to get his truck towed so we were no call/no show for our appointment. (My father picked me up after the accident, we were about 4 miles out of town, and in the 4 miles back to town we saw 18 individual or multi-car wrecks that weren't there when he drove the first time to get me). This included the first of their three trucks going off the road, and the second catching on fire en route to bring the first truck in.

6. Oh yeah - the day after I wrecked the truck, was my husband's first day at a new job. We needed his focus to be the job, so I took on the full weight of managing everything for both accidents. Plus he's 6'5, 260, and trying to drive the tiny rental car to & fro his new job -- perfect, he's being a grouchy whiner... "wah, my kneecaps slam into the console when I break" -- "wah, I can't sit in it without reclining the seat all the way back." :biggrin:

7. Then I remember - my textbooks for school (last class in my graduate program and I'm trying to maintain a 4.0 so getting things done on time, and done very well, is extra important) are in his truck too, out of town -- crap, I have an assignment due that night. Fortunately my professor, whom I've had before and have a good rapport with, was beyond reasonable and offered to give me a pass on the assignment without any point deductions - I didn't even have to make it up.

8. Then I remember - crap, I had just picked up RX refills from crash #1 (rear-ending), and they're in the truck too. Of course, when the truck was towed I remembered to get things like the garage door opener, my cell phone, some curtains I had just bought, etc. but forget the things like keys, books, and medicine.

9. My in-laws are arriving around the 18th of this month and spending 2 weeks with us. I'd been trying to do mad house cleaning and had really hoped to get painters in here before they arrive. Yeah, you got it - painters had been scheduled the week after my rear-ending, but I was not in any condition to deal with them so we cancelled. I know, who cares, could be worse, but you don't know my in-laws. :smile:

I feel like life is complete & utter chaos right now. I grabbed stuff willy nilly out of both cars, and have been forgetting where I put it. Not sleeping well. Hurting. Stressed about school & in-laws. Their visit includes a mini-trip elsewhere, so also stressed about that. The one good thing is that my employer has been awesome and completely removed any work-related stress.

Here's to hoping something will go right soon.

I wanna hear about the next disaster. I wanna hear all about the visit of your ghastly in-laws. You realise that this hideous sequence of horrors could be spun into gold, it could be engineered into an absolutely hilarious movie script. Should you do this and find yourself beyond stinking rich, think of Green and remember to toss her a certain percentage of your wealth. I am thinking of something around 10%, eh.

They say bad things happen in 3's and you're at an even 9... hopefully that holds you off for a while. Though I have to wonder whether the visit from the in-laws really counts as only 1.

I can't even imagine how you must be feeling right now with all of that going on. *hugs*

Oh Green, you've reminded me that it's been a very, very long time since I've shared an in-law update. I may need to start another thread...

Things are a little better today because I had to drive our little 2wd loaner somewhere (after another snow/ice storm lastnight) and I made it back without a third wreck! You can tell my driving confidence is shot to hell.

You poor thing! Be sure to get a good lawyer to get proper payment for your wreck. DON'T sign off on any thing until at least a year after your wreck because your injury may get worse before it gets better and the other guy should pay for your PT and pain/suffering. I had a similar crash in my 20's and didn't realize what blowing out a few discs would do for my health! It's the last thing you want to hear but really, take the time to get someone on your side to help you!

Good luck with the in-laws and I hope you feel better!

How terrible! And it couldn't have been at a worst time with your in laws coming and all. I remember the stories you've told. I feel for you.

Sorry for all you are dealing with. Hugs.

My life is always like that, complete and utter caos. Never changes, sometimes I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Then wham, something else freaking happens.

I just sit down, take deep breaths and say, "this too shall pass." Then sarcastically sing to myself The sun will come out tomorrow, so you better hang on till tomorrow.. ha..ha...

But yes, life is a bitch and then you die.

Sounds to me like the light at the end of the tunnel you refer to just might be the train a comin'!! Watch Out!

Wheets, it definitely sounds like it is time for a SW vacation--good luck surviving the inlaws---something I deal with on a daily basis---lucky me!

Kat