Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how is everyone doing

Glad to hear you are doing so well ChrisAnn. My weight loss is pretty stalled right now, I had lost 3% of my body fat though when I went for my fill Tues so I'm glad I'm converting some of my lard. I have seen a pretty good difference in my clothing. I still need to take measurements!! I haven't done that yet. I don't know why I keep putting it off.

ok pangs?? yep, as I watch my coworkers eat pizza and Subway sandwiches.. pangs? oh hell yea!! I visualize myself reaching across the table, giving them a jack slap, taking a bite.. and act like nothing happened.. but then the smile creeps back and I think.... in the months to come..

Also, someone here mentioned.. losing 20 pounds and can't see it in the mirror. I have that problem to, I've lost over 40, and I don't see it.. I do feel it, moving around, clothes are looser, but in the mirror is still that same ol' fat person... I know I'm doing good, but the mirror is not showing me that yet...

I know this will get better, I eat my cup of food, I won't have a fill till next month.. sometimes, I wonder if the band is really there.. I don't feel anything, but then some meals I can't finish, and sometimes in the morning I have to make myself eat/drink that Protein.. I want to see it, I want to know its there... my hubby laughs and tells me.. " Of course, its there, I've got the cancelled check to prove it!!!"

I can do this, I can do this... it works it works...

LOL I was having a bad day when I wrote that post...everyday gets a little easier

Hi all! I am 3 weeks 4 days out, but hey, who's counting? Doing pretty well... back at work, tolerating purees, craving some real food!!! Experiencing port pain, though. Hope this resolves soon. Can barely bend over. Guess that get me off of doing housework! And my surgeon wants me to start full workouts after the first month!

Good luck to you all.

Take a photo of yourself the same day every month. For me its the day before my surgery. Once I saw the January 30th photo and compared it to the December 30th photo, I saw it. Otherwise in the mirror, nope, don't see it.

I had surgery 17 days ago. I am feeling great and am healing up nicely. The hungries have popped in again, but I am doing pretty well at sticking to the program. My first fill is scheduled for Feb. 27.

I am really looking forward into fitting into a smaller size. I know it will happen one of these first days. :glare:

~Amy

I have two other people in my family with the band. both didn't really start losing to after they got fills. It took 3 fills for one and only one fill for the other so we just have to wait and see. The good news is that they are now both doing great.. one has lost 80lbs and one 65lbs. They are 8/mo and 6/mo out and they both didn't really start losing till after some fills so hang in there.. It will come...

I say this as i start getting hungry again...lol

I am doing well with no complications. I hardly know the band is there except I have been living on Soup for 4 weeks and I'm not hungry. Just this week I progressed to scrambled eggs and mashed potatoes! I've lost 20 lbs and had to buy new pants to wear to work! first fill date is the 25th

I am doing better than I expected...with eating that is, but I'm back on my antidepressants and am feeling sad.....like many have said before.....like I have lost my best friend and even though I am down 21 pounds I don't feel it either. I can see that my scrubs are fitting better, but I still don't see it. I have not felt restricted at all and I'm afraid of eating too much. My doctor has finally agreed that I can get a fill next week. It has been 4 weeks and maybe I am being impatient.....I just want it to happen faster......:thumbup:

I cant complain. I am trying to sort out what feels 'normal', ya know. it is a whole new ballgame and I feel like I barely know the rules. I have my second fill coming up and I am feeling rather motivated.