Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Funny people you see in Wal-mart.

Ever notice all the different kinds of people you come a cross in Wal-mart?

My husband and I were in Wal-mart the other day, back in the appliance center. As we were strolling up and down one of the isles just looking.....some lady well into her thirties actually raised her leg; cut lose a huge, and very loud fart, and even shook her leg; like there may be something that was going to roll out of her pant leg. :eek: We looked up and there she was, looking right at both of us with this look on her face like, boy that feels better and I could do a better one next time. My husband and I both just totally lost it and all most peed our pants laughing at her. We both decided if she wasn't bothered by farting in front of us, we would just look her right back in the eyes and bust up laughing.

The lifting of the leg and shaking it was what cracked me up. :frown:

Strange post crazycat---you are sick

As I live in my small little world of lapband, and I view life's funny moments,

you have to have a bright and halarious point of view with what we face on a daily bases. Soooooooo in saying that, pleaaaaase tell me the story behind the JoJoBanana name.

frogenthusiasm.gif

Crazycat

can t seem to get Gwen Stefani out of my mind with her song--the one where they spell out b-a-n-a-n-a...very up beat and peppy song i seem to relate to-

seemed like a good ID

Well, I'll have to tell you my Wal-Mart story.

First of all, I hate Wal-Mart, despise it. The kids all needed new bikes and there was a bike sale so we decided to go there. When we first walked in the store I was distracted by some huge beautiful strawberries. So I headed there to get some.

While there this Hispanic man (my husband and I are both Mex-Americans) was checking me out. I didn't notice it but my husband did. So apparently this man whispered something about me to another man and he started checking me out. (Who knows maybe they were just making fun of me) Anyways, my husband approached this man and confronted him and told him to stop looking at me. This man didn't back off and said I was hot so he would keep looking at me all he fucking pleased. OMG, they almost started fist fighting, right there in the produce isle, right in front of my kids and everyone else. How embarassing. I had to get in front of my husband and make him back off. My poor kids were so scared.

Can you imagine the headlines?? Two Hispanic men were arrested today for fighting in the produce dept. at Wal-Mart. Clean up, isle 1..

It is real funny now, but it was scary then.

My husband is very confrontational, he feels that he has to protect me from other men's oggling eyes. Well, that is my Wal-Mart story.. What can I say when your hot, your hot...

So that was the last time I went to Wal-Mart over 2 years ago.

Mariposa Bella,

You made me crack up.....

You made me think of that song from years ago....( I'm so sexy )

Terry

Mariposa the same thing happened to me, except I was the one confronting the man about staring at me (he actually followed me a few aisles). Thankfully a store worker intervened and asked him to leave after overhearing a few choice things I had to say about his stalkeresque behavior.

What makes this thread even funnier, is as I started reading I got an email from Walmart wire advertisement. I bout peed m'self laughing at the coincidence.

There is a man who must live at Walmart because everytime I go, he's there... And no...he doesn't work there.

I have three kids under 4 and when he sees me...he says...EVERYTIME...

"What, did they have a sale in the recreational department?"

If he weren't as old as dirt, I'd think he was being fresh!!!

Why is he always there???

Rain

Wal-Mart is nasty. I hate Wal-Mart. But yesterday, in the middle of a snowstorm, I needed a snow shovel. I had taken the morning off, so I figured I would add this to my list of things to do. I called everywhere I could think of and they were all "freshly sold out." Finally I called Wal-Mart and, of course, they had tons. So I go to Wal-Mart at about 9:30 am in the middle of a freaking whiteout and they're BUSY, and these people AREN'T buying things for the storm, and they aren't employees. What the heck? What do all these people do that they're hanging out at Wal-Mart in a blizzard at 9:30 on a work day?

One thing that really got to me was the hygiene of the employees. I bought a shovel, then saw a different one on the way out so I took back the first and then bought the second. Both the cashier I worked with and the lady at customer service for the refund were truly dirty people. Their shirts and pants were dirty, the customer service lady had dirt in her fingernails and greasy hair and was pretty smelly. The cashier lady was just a slob. SHe didn't greet me, didn't respond when I greeted her. She rang my stuff up, bagged most of it, and then just stood there instead of telling me a total. (By bagged most of it, I mean that a few things never made it into bags, it's like she reached between the bags and dropped my item on the counter, one thing she dropped on the floor and made no effort to pick up). This isn't just me hating Wal-Mart so I'm portraying it in a negative light, this is really what happened. There were certainly clean, well-groomed employees there. Just not the ones I was able to work with.

A while ago I was trying to find some kitchen rugs to coordinate with curtains I already had. I'd tried every store I could think of, except Wal-Mart. *cringe* One thing I learned is that Wal-Mart employees assume everyone known the ways of the Mart. Not the case. I go in and I'm accosted by a senior citizen wielding a sticker gun and a roll of smiley face stickers. She points to my curtain and asks me, "You brining that in?" Ok. The curtain is in my hand, and I'm walking in the store... what am I missing? So I tell her yes, and she slaps a sticker on it. Whatever. I start to walk in the store and she yells at me that I have to go straight to customer service. I ask her why, and she says because I have a curtain. This is still not making any sense to me, and I must have shown it on my face, because she says, "You can't bring merchandise for refunds into the store." WHich REALLY doesn't make any sense, but I told her that it wasn't a refund, it was mine, and I was bringing it in to color match it. She honestly and actually gets mad at me and snaps that I should have told her that. Told her what? I had no idea. I figured they tagged everything incoming to the store. *sigh*

Wheetsin,

That senior citizen wielding a sticker gun surly wasn't the greeter too. lol

I think its just a different world inside the Mart. Wal-Mart seems to hire a lot of people with special needs. Sometimes this perjects over onto the customers.

Terry

Ok, I have to confess I like Wal-mart, for clothes now when my size is changing(or I hope it changes). And for a few other things. But I do have admit some of my fellow shoppers are surprising, I don't see people like them in other stores in the area. It's entertaining at least...

I hate being harassed when I walk out. Me and DH will have 2 buggies full (groceries and 'whatever' shopping), mostly bagged, except the 40lb dog food bag. And the little old person wants to see my receipt. I finally learned to keep it handy instead of shoving it in my bottomless pit of a purse. Then they look at my 5ft long receipt, one line at a time. I've even looked over their shoulder to help, and pointed out the dog food bag. But they get mad at me, and start where they left off, 30 items behind. I get noisily annoyed. Give me a break, I spent $600 bucks and I'm ripping off a $30 bag of dog food?

Another time, similarly had a full buggie.. and we were wanting to buy a perfume.. a $14 dollar bottle of cologne, which is behind a locked cabinet. It took 4 employees almost an hour to get a key. 2 lied to us, and the other 2 didn't care.. the liars didn't care either, which is why they lied. When they finally got it, the old lady (made this up, they never did this before, and haven't since), said we have to come back when we're checking out, we can't have the expensive $14 dollar cologne in our cart. I had all kinds of stuff worth far more than $14!! But I can't be trusted with the precious cheapie cologne. We ended up walking out of Walmart and left our buggie in her aisle, after the runaround we got from all the employees.

Mind you, I NEVER realized other places were better. When I moved out of the house, I always went to WalMarts, wherever I lived. It was not until last year, I went to Publix and realized they're NOT all like that. Now I always make an effort to go to Publix unless I need the 'other stuff' I can only get at WalMart. Target is a good 30 minute drive from my house.

Yow! Wallyworld was locking up a 14 buck bottle of cologne!?! Maybe they considered cheap perfume to be an environmental hazzard. lol I really can't think of any other reason to do this.

On the other hand I am all for having all bottles of cheap perfume locked up or, better yet, buried underground in toxic landfill sites. (Sorry, Fairy, but I really, really hate cheap perfume!)