Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jan. 23 Bandsters!!!

So sorry it has taken me so long to respond! I am out of town for work, living in a hotel, and trying to fit in normalcy where it is possible.

Thanks for welcoming me, I appreciate the kind words.

since my last post, I have seen my doctor, and had my first fill. I had no restriction before, and now I had my band filled 5 cc's. Is that a lot? He watched me drink that Berium under an x ray, so I know it was done right. But seeing as the realize only has 9 cc's, i am already more than halfway there and it makes me a little nervous. I don't want to gain any weight back, and I want to be thin, but how realistic can it be if I am already over halfway filled?

Chime in your 2 cents, I'm interested in hearing what you all think.

Mike

So sorry it has taken me so long to respond! I am out of town for work, living in a hotel, and trying to fit in normalcy where it is possible.

Thanks for welcoming me, I appreciate the kind words.

since my last post, I have seen my doctor, and had my first fill. I had no restriction before, and now I had my band filled 5 cc's. Is that a lot? He watched me drink that Berium under an x ray, so I know it was done right. But seeing as the realize only has 9 cc's, i am already more than halfway there and it makes me a little nervous. I don't want to gain any weight back, and I want to be thin, but how realistic can it be if I am already over halfway filled?

Chime in your 2 cents, I'm interested in hearing what you all think.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Wow, travelling like that for work must making being banded interesting! I have yet to have my first fill (March 10th is mine) but personally I would say if you seem to have good restriction and aren't too tight than it's probably not that bad of a thing. I would rather have an aggressive first fill and than maybe only have to go back once or twice than have to go 7 or 8 times to get the right restriction. How are you finding the restriction? How long ago was your fill? I know they say it can take up to a couple of days before the restriction actually kicks in.

Good luck!

Ang

Hi fellow Jan 23 bandsters,

Need help, I got a fill on 3/25 2cc in my 10cc band...I weighed 260. Today I weighed myself and weighed in at 255. I go for a follow up visit on 3/11, my question is does the doctor give you another fill automatically or only if you haven't lost weight.

Hi fellow Jan 23 bandsters,

Need help, I got a fill on 3/25 2cc in my 10cc band...I weighed 260. Today I weighed myself and weighed in at 255. I go for a follow up visit on 3/11, my question is does the doctor give you another fill automatically or only if you haven't lost weight.

Congrats on your loss so far! My understanding is that they will only give you a fill if they think you need one. So if you have reasonable restriction and are losing steadily then I do not believe they would do one. You'll have to talk to the doc about how you feel about your level of restriction and what not.

I had my first fill yesterday. After the nurse weighed me and took my new measurements (4" less in the stomach, 4" less in the hips, and 1" less in the neck...yeah me!), she asked if I really wanted a fill. Told her I think so. I have finals next week along with 2 major projects. I need something to keep me from eating. The doctor decided based on my weight loss and my finals fears to do a 2cc fill. I go back in 2 weeks to see where I'm at. Due to a foot injury I haven't been able to exercise. But I'll be able to start again on Monday. I want to maintain a 2 pound per week loss.

My fill wasn't that success full I go back in for another try next week. Right now I am eating everything.. I hope I can kick into losing mode again. Only lost 3 lbs since 2 week follow up.

Well I had my first fill yesterday and it was SOOOO easy and quick I was surprised, I am excited to see what kind of restriction I have from it (just doing the liquids couple days after part at the moment so I will let you know as soon as I know). :tongue:

I had my first fill yesterday. After the nurse weighed me and took my new measurements (4" less in the stomach, 4" less in the hips, and 1" less in the neck...yeah me!), she asked if I really wanted a fill. Told her I think so. I have finals next week along with 2 major projects. I need something to keep me from eating. The doctor decided based on my weight loss and my finals fears to do a 2cc fill. I go back in 2 weeks to see where I'm at. Due to a foot injury I haven't been able to exercise. But I'll be able to start again on Monday. I want to maintain a 2 pound per week loss.

9" down is fantastic! Whooo hooo. Way to go. Hope that your foot injury is healing up okay that's gotta get you down a bit. A 2lb per week loss would be fantastic, that's my goal too :tt2: 2lbs a week/10lbs a month would be great. Hope that your finals have gone well!

My fill wasn't that success full I go back in for another try next week. Right now I am eating everything.. I hope I can kick into losing mode again. Only lost 3 lbs since 2 week follow up.

I just had my first fill yesterday, prior to that I hadn't lost any weight since the end of the post-op diet phase, at least I didn't gain any back! Heh. I hope that your next fill is more sucessful! :thumbup:

Well my doctor's appt went well, I received another fill, 1cc..now I have a total of 3cc's in my 10cc band. There was a little difficulty in locating the sweet spot...so Dr. Floch had to do it instead of the PA, she's so nice I felt bad for her. No major pain, just little pinches. I go back in 3 weeks...I'm hoping to be down maybe another 6-10 pounds. I'm currently in a size 20 down from size 24, and can get into an 18 if it's stretch.