Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in February

So here's the story i have been sick the past three weeks.. first i had this dang cold, which then turned into An Upper Respiratory Infection, and now i have bronchitis.. it really sucks and to top it off i think i am getting my lovely time of the month... It does suck...

And for the past three weeks the scale has been fluctuating the same two pounds 207-209... when i checked it this morning it was 211!!!!! (i didn't change my ticker because i know im getting it back down) But what sux is im not eating horribly (didn't have much a appetite the past couple of weeks) and im actually exercising.. and im even drinking the recommended Water for the first time since banding!!! i was dying to hit 199 by march 15.. but at this rate im not going to hit that in 2 months...

I normally am pretty good about keeping my calm and cool during these times but its just driving me nuts!!!:thumbdown:

Any advice????

(i feel that my fill level is at good restriction)

{also starting to freak out a little because i have been feeling light-headed a lot lately}

Jeni 85, there's still a chance. It's only 18 days till the 15th and you are exercising and at that TOM. I'll say it again and again, weigh your foods. You may not lose the 12lbs by then but some weight loss. You're still ahead of the game at feeling a restriction.

Oh Juli, how is your new restriction doing?

Mrs Husker, did you get to the doctor yet and how is your restriction?

I think I may be losing again. My pants are looser and longer even in my heels. Staying fuller longer, cut back on needing a snack, other than fruits and have been making a yogurt drink. Opposed to a Protein drink which made me gain weight. So far so good.

I've been having trouble eating Pasta, especially spaghetti. Going to try rice for awhile. But still need to drink something hot in the mornings to get down Breakfast and sometimes before lunch. dinner is okay, but still need to take extra small bites and wait to see if I have a reaction.

Hoping to read good posts from everyone.

Jeni

All I've got to say is hang in there. Sorry I'm not much help.

J

thanks juli

Jeni 85, there's still a chance. It's only 18 days till the 15th and you are exercising and at that TOM. I'll say it again and again, weigh your foods. You may not lose the 12lbs by then but some weight loss. You're still ahead of the game at feeling a restriction.

Oh Juli, how is your new restriction doing?

Mrs Husker, did you get to the doctor yet and how is your restriction?

I think I may be losing again. My pants are looser and longer even in my heels. Staying fuller longer, cut back on needing a snack, other than fruits and have been making a yogurt drink. Opposed to a Protein drink which made me gain weight. So far so good.

I've been having trouble eating Pasta, especially spaghetti. Going to try rice for awhile. But still need to drink something hot in the mornings to get down Breakfast and sometimes before lunch. dinner is okay, but still need to take extra small bites and wait to see if I have a reaction.

Hoping to read good posts from everyone.

i never did weigh my foods... i guess i could try that...

Morning Marchies!

My restriction is tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. But it's good. I'm able to get all my nutrition without having to blend my food. I can't eat early in the morning and I won't eat after 6pm which is annoying but beneficial.

I used to pack in a third of my daily calories with after dinner snacking. Mind you I was still mostly not eating too many calories, but I'd go from having a great day to having a marginal day because of what I ate between 7 PM and 10 PM.

At least now I eat dinner and stop putting food in my mouth. That's been such a struggle, I feel like I'm hungry, but I know that I am not. I'm just breaking a long ingrained habit.

And what's good is that when I don't eat after 6 I don't have sleep issues, like no acid reflux. I was worried that I'd have to get an unfill. My fills are tricky and unfun so I really don't like playing with the levels.

Enough about me...

Jeni, girl, keep your eye on the prize. You are doing fantastically well. Even if you don't make that goal, look how far you have come, baby!

Gwen, I love when the clothing shifts, I believe our bodies change shape a bit even if we aren't losing weight. My scale hasn't moved much but I'm ready for the next size down pants. Also, I love your name, White Pants. Is that a goal of yours? Or do you sport white pants all the time? To me that's a goal. I'd love to wear light pants or even khakis, but don't, yet.

XO

Juli

First, I want to say hello to all my fellow Marchies and I hope all is well with all of you!

I haven't posted in awhile, so how dare I come back when I need help, but I really could use your input or advise.

I haven't had a fill since May. I think I'm need of a fill because I am able to eat way too much, but I am afraid of getting a fill because for the last couple months I have been experiencing acid reflux at night. I've read that one reason this happens is being filled too tight so I'm afraid that after getting a fill my acid reflux may get worse. Is it possible that it may get better after the fill??? Any suggestions to treat the acid reflux???

I have also been having horrible gas pains almost similar to the ones I had after surgery. I've been chewing Mylanta Gas chewables like crazy, but it's only getting worse. Any suggestions to get rid of this gas???

I may ask these questions in the main forum, but I thought I'd start w/ my March friends.

Thanks all!!!!

TammyJ

You know we are here for all the Marchies, please don't apologize for not stopping in more often. :biggrin:

If you've not gotten a fill recently and you're that uncomfortable it's time to see your doc and your band under flouro. Well unless you've drastically changed your diet, but that still seems amiss. There's probably an issue.

I'd get it checked out ASAP. You might just be irritated or it could be serious, but please don't let acid reflux go unchecked. It's a sign something isn't right.

Hugs!!!

J

I've just re-read your post, so let me answer your questions:

What to do about acid at night? Don't eat late, don't eat acidic foods, avoid caffiene. Drink herb tea and Water after dinner to flush the pouch. See if that helps.

As for gas:

Can you do a day or two of liquids and see how you feel? Go back to the beginning and be mindful of what you add. You may be reacting to something you eat. Dairy intolerance might be the problem, even if you weren't before banding you might be now.

HTH.

I've just re-read your post, so let me answer your questions:

What to do about acid at night? Don't eat late, don't eat acidic foods, avoid caffiene. Drink herb tea and Water after dinner to flush the pouch. See if that helps.

As for gas:

Can you do a day or two of liquids and see how you feel? Go back to the beginning and be mindful of what you add. You may be reacting to something you eat. Dairy intolerance might be the problem, even if you weren't before banding you might be now.

HTH.

Thanks so much Juli! I just made an appt. for Monday to see what's going on. I am going to switch to full liquids for the next couple days to see if it helps.

Last night, I made it a point of not eating dinner because I didn't want to deal w/ the acid reflux last night. I only sipped on a bottle of Water before bed and it was worse than when I acually ate dinner. Could the bottle of water I drank have anything to do w/ that??? Should I not eat OR drink anything too late???

Thanks again!!!!!!!!

HI everyone, I am going to need your support like never before.

On Sunday morning I ate about 1 cup of Coco wheats then I was moving a 500 lb trundle bed down some stairs. I was using every muscle in my chest and stomach. For dinner DH got KFC. I had a piece of chicken about the size of a thimble, and about a tablespoon of coleslaw. I immediately began to slime. I could not stop the slime or the coughing and gagging. I heaved from 7pm to 5am then finally went to the ER in excruciating pain like the golf ball feeling only alot worse. My blood pressure was 215 over 70 indicating I was in severe pain.

The ER doctor on call said my lower stomach was in spasms against my pouch from heaving and with a little pepcid and a shot of demerol I would be better.

I did feel better and went home and slept all Monday. Monday night I got up and had warm tea that gurgled down. Tuesday I went to work and decided to try some applesauce I had 2 tbs, and was back to heaving, sliming and was in utter misery. I went back to the ER. I had 4 shots of demerol that made me woosey but did nothing for the pain.

They called in my Lapband doctor who gave me an immediate unfill and then a upper GI, realizing that nothing was going down and that emergency surgery was in order. He was upset that the ER doctor from the day before did not call him as soon as I came in.

I had surgery that showed 1 of my stitches had come undone and my band was tilted. But the worst problem was that the lower stomach with a main vein was logged up through the band cutting off circulation to my stomach. Essentially part of my stomach was beginning to die. He had to cut off the band which gave a good blood flow back to the vein and my stomach is fine. But I am completely devastated. I have officially lost 60 lbs, and was on the home stretch. He is not objecting to rebanding but said that often same problems will occur. I don't know if my insurance will even cover a rebanding. I no longer fit the criteria. On a good note he said my insides were totataly different then when he banded me. I had initially had fat all around my organs especially my liver and stomach. He said it was like it all melted away.

We are not sure what happened, did I strain to hard moving the bed, did I heave to much with the sliming, or did my belt loosen from not having all the fat around it(that is his idea maybe).

All I know is my little buddy is gone.

Oh, Janine, I'm so very, very sorry you lost your band. I just can't believe it! You were doing so well. You are still my hero--you are amazing. Are you feeling better now? I hope you heal well and can be rebanded or do whatever it takes to continue to your goal. Please keep us posted. I'm so glad you are okay--that must have been incredibly scary. Hang in there and trust your instincts and your doctors. Good luck!

Morning Marchies!

My restriction is tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. But it's good. I'm able to get all my nutrition without having to blend my food. I can't eat early in the morning and I won't eat after 6pm which is annoying but beneficial.

I used to pack in a third of my daily calories with after dinner snacking. Mind you I was still mostly not eating too many calories, but I'd go from having a great day to having a marginal day because of what I ate between 7 PM and 10 PM.

At least now I eat dinner and stop putting food in my mouth. That's been such a struggle, I feel like I'm hungry, but I know that I am not. I'm just breaking a long ingrained habit.

And what's good is that when I don't eat after 6 I don't have sleep issues, like no acid reflux. I was worried that I'd have to get an unfill. My fills are tricky and unfun so I really don't like playing with the levels.

Enough about me...

Jeni, girl, keep your eye on the prize. You are doing fantastically well. Even if you don't make that goal, look how far you have come, baby!

Gwen, I love when the clothing shifts, I believe our bodies change shape a bit even if we aren't losing weight. My scale hasn't moved much but I'm ready for the next size down pants. Also, I love your name, White Pants. Is that a goal of yours? Or do you sport white pants all the time? To me that's a goal. I'd love to wear light pants or even khakis, but don't, yet.

XO

Juli

Thank you Juli for the encouragement... I am definitely thrilled with how much i have lost so far and at this point ill be happy to lose 1lb...

But i realized one thing the past 3-4 wks i have been struggling i have stopped using the birth control which was helping regulate my periods due too PCOS... so i think maybe my body just flipped out... Im seeing my doctor tommorow so i can go back on the pill ... so im asuming things will go back to normal...

But i had a great day today food wise and exercise wise... My personal trainer kicked my butt (like im paying him to do) but im so happy he did... im going to start looking at inches lost... because he has me doing a lot of strength training....

But enough about that... Im happy with how far i have com so far.. I would have never been able to do this without the help from my band...

TammyJ... i hope all works out well for you... I actually was having so heartburn and reflux problems as well and changed my diet around .. turns out it was the food not the band... Best of luck and let us know how things turn out....

Janine... I'm so sorry to hear about your band...:blushing: but things will be ok.. just stick to the new habits you have learned from your band and you should be fine.. It may be hard but we will all be here if you need the support!!!:wub:

Janine.

I'm so sorry about your band. I was devastated for you while reading your post. I pray this will all work out for you and you can get re-banded with insurance paying. The main thing is your health is safe and your stomach will heal and you're okay to deal with whatever comes your way.

We are here for you.

HI everyone, I am going to need your support like never before.

On Sunday morning I ate about 1 cup of Coco wheats then I was moving a 500 lb trundle bed down some stairs. I was using every muscle in my chest and stomach. For dinner DH got KFC. I had a piece of chicken about the size of a thimble, and about a tablespoon of coleslaw. I immediately began to slime. I could not stop the slime or the coughing and gagging. I heaved from 7pm to 5am then finally went to the ER in excruciating pain like the golf ball feeling only alot worse. My blood pressure was 215 over 70 indicating I was in severe pain.

The ER doctor on call said my lower stomach was in spasms against my pouch from heaving and with a little pepcid and a shot of demerol I would be better.

I did feel better and went home and slept all Monday. Monday night I got up and had warm tea that gurgled down. Tuesday I went to work and decided to try some applesauce I had 2 tbs, and was back to heaving, sliming and was in utter misery. I went back to the ER. I had 4 shots of demerol that made me woosey but did nothing for the pain.

They called in my Lapband doctor who gave me an immediate unfill and then a upper GI, realizing that nothing was going down and that emergency surgery was in order. He was upset that the ER doctor from the day before did not call him as soon as I came in.

I had surgery that showed 1 of my stitches had come undone and my band was tilted. But the worst problem was that the lower stomach with a main vein was logged up through the band cutting off circulation to my stomach. Essentially part of my stomach was beginning to die. He had to cut off the band which gave a good blood flow back to the vein and my stomach is fine. But I am completely devastated. I have officially lost 60 lbs, and was on the home stretch. He is not objecting to rebanding but said that often same problems will occur. I don't know if my insurance will even cover a rebanding. I no longer fit the criteria. On a good note he said my insides were totataly different then when he banded me. I had initially had fat all around my organs especially my liver and stomach. He said it was like it all melted away.

We are not sure what happened, did I strain to hard moving the bed, did I heave to much with the sliming, or did my belt loosen from not having all the fat around it(that is his idea maybe).

All I know is my little buddy is gone.

Janine, You are a trooper!!!!!!! I hope you are feeling better now and can eventually get re-banded. You've done so well and I wish you continued success. You can do this with or without the band!!!!!

Thanks Jeni, I am hoping that making some changes in my diet will fix the problem. I'm in need of a fill and able to eat quite a bit so my stomach may not be happy w/ all this excess food. We'll see what the doc says on Monday...hope my band is OK and I can get a fill.

Janine, You are a trooper!!!!!!! I hope you are feeling better now and can eventually get re-banded. You've done so well and I wish you continued success. You can do this with or without the band!!!!!

Thanks Jeni, I am hoping that making some changes in my diet will fix the problem. I'm in need of a fill and able to eat quite a bit so my stomach may not be happy w/ all this excess food. We'll see what the doc says on Monday...hope my band is OK and I can get a fill.

Hopefully all goes well.... and everything is alright...

Hope to hear from you soon banding buddy!!! :thumbup: