Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Exercise Challenge

LOL :smile2:!

I just came across this article that talks about how the leg press is the "lamest exercise in the world" and how even Madeleine Albright can leg press 400 pounds!!!

The leg press: the world's lamest exercise. - By Mike DeBonis - Slate Magazine

Oh well, I guess I'm not the burgeoning jock, I thought I was :tongue2:........

kaos-animal-cat-smiley-6100.gifCrazy Ates February Exercise Challengekaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

24/28 Exercise Sessions

(16 Cardio, 2 Core strength and flexibility, 6 Weight training)

weight.png

yeah - the trainer I met with said the same thing, and so does my niece, the personal trainer and health sciences graduate. They said it's also really bad for your back, and that plain old lunges and squats will do more for you, as well as improve your balance.

They also suggest going free weights or the free motion machines instead of the older more traditional machines in general, because they encourage more natural movement and improve balance and flexibility.

Did I mention my niece is very smart?! :-)

Addendum - Frangi, I'm sure YOUR leg presses are far more impressive! :-)

Addendum - Frangi, I'm sure YOUR leg presses are far more impressive! :-)

LOL Pizzi!

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but there is nothing even remotely impressive about being outlifted by Madeleine Albright for God's sake!!!

And to think, my sycophantic trainer was cooing about my accomplishment. Off with his head I say!!!!

I am SO in agreement with you, your trainer, and your niece regarding free weight squats and lunges. They truly do rule when it comes to getting the best leg workout.

kaos-animal-cat-smiley-6100.gifCrazy Ates February Exercise Challengekaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

24/28 Exercise Sessions

(16 Cardio, 2 Core strength and flexibility, 6 Weight training)

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

I never even do leg workouts. But hey im not a lady either.

I figure between running swimming and cycling they get enough workout from moving my fat a## around.

:thumbup:

Daddy, it sounds like you have an awesome routine going on!

Becky, I forgot to respond to your post from a few days ago -- you are most welcome to visit anytime :rolleyes2::smile::tt2:!

Triple-header Thursday for me again -- one hour of cardio, a 30 minute abdominals class and a one hour Yoga class.

Have a great night everyone!

27/28 Exercise Sessions

(17 Cardio, 4 Core strength and flexibility, 6 Weight training)

weight.png

I don't do leg exercises either. Need to get back to the weight training...no good reason for not doing it. Just have been concentrating on cardio. I am supposed to get together with another teacher (the PE teacher) so she can show me some core and arm workouts that are not pointless. However our schedules just have not matched lately. We are thinking the beginning of next trimester!

Today I skipped the gym and went for a walk/jog with one of the other teachers. We walked, talked, jogged for 2 hours. I will do something tomorrow for at least an hour. 21 hours isn't bad for the month. I figure 20 hours is a reasonable goal that I can shoot for and exceed sometimes. 30 hours as I think about it now is crazy. I know that I am NOT going to the gym every day for an hour or 4-5 times for an hour and a half and stick with it. ANd that is the key!

Congrats to everyone for all there hard work and for all you Biggest loser fans...Tomorrow is the last chance workout for the month!

Today is last feb posting you guys! WOW Salasa! 2 hrs!

YOu go!

Thanks Frang...im soooo jealous now of you living in the Virgin Islands LOL.

Ok i got up at 4am to go to the gym and very unusally my wife wakes up ...all 'we are you going?'....im thinking were the heck do you think im going?

Well long story short she 'convinced' me to skip the gym this morning...i still got a workout and just not at the gym..

On a side note...does that woman at the top holding the apple freak anyone else out?

Most banders cant even eat appleskin anyway...and why is she touching herself?

Today is last feb posting you guys! WOW Salasa! 2 hrs!

YOu go!

Thanks Frang...im soooo jealous now of you living in the Virgin Islands LOL.

Ok i got up at 4am to go to the gym and very unusally my wife wakes up ...all 'we are you going?'....im thinking were the heck do you think im going?

Well long story short she 'convinced' me to skip the gym this morning...i still got a workout and just not at the gym..

On a side note...does that woman at the top holding the apple freak anyone else out?

Most banders cant even eat appleskin anyway...and why is she touching herself?

Daddy, thanks for coming up with a way to report your workout while still maintaining our G rating :lol:!

Regarding our "Eve" at the top of this board (warning strong opinion coming), I loathe that image!!!!

I absolutely love this board and cannot say enough good things about it, but in my humble opinion, that image at the top gives a somewhat "low-rent" quality to an otherwise great-looking website.

The previous image was far better, and actually quite nice. It would be great to see something along those lines again.

Sorry Alex and Moderators :rolleyes:, that image at the top is the only thing I don't like about this website. Everything else is fabulous!

I returned from my last February workout -- one hour of cardio. This month was a tough slog because of that nasty flu I had, but I finally managed to hit goal!!!!

Sandy, before your trip in October PM me to remind me that you're coming, as I would love to meet you and your wife.

Just think -- by October we will rule the beach with our incredibly buff bodies -- right :tt2::smile::smile:?

28/28 Exercise Sessions

(18 Cardio, 4 Core strength and flexibility, 6 Weight training)

weight.png

A minor point I must make (now that you have both said it) is that the island of St. John does not have an "s" on the end. Please don't think I am being pedantic here. If you say St. John"s", we all think you are talking about the island of Antigua, of which St. John's is the capital city, and then you get us all confused. (And trust me guys, we already have plenty of things to confuse us around here

:rolleyes:!)

My bad. thanks for the correction. It seems to me the only thing you have to be confused about is which beach to go to on any given day :biggrin2: .

Can't wait 'til October.

I finished the month with another hour of cardio today and a weights session.

Congrats to all for working so hard this month. I felt like this month was a turning point for me. The treadmill has allowed me to really intensify my workouts (yes running!) and the addition of weights has been very satisfying too.

Ditto to everything Frangi & Whosya said about the creepy "Eve" image.

Crazy Ates February Exercise Challenge

20/20 Cardio Sessions

8/8 Weight Sessions

THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!:thumbup:

I've lost SEVEN pounds in 16 days, and I'm now under 20 pounds from goal! It's ALL from the extra exercise since I joined the gym. I haven't had a stiff/sore day yet, hard to see that I'm actually burning that many calories, and yet I'm shrinking.

I've always said that the hardest part of working out is tying my shoes. Once I've made the commitment the actual exercise is easy, and I feel so good afterwards. So after I get home, while I'm still buzzed from the gym, I set everything out for my NEXT workout: shoes/socks/bra/etc. That seems to be the key--I feel like I'm halfway there before I even start.

Well I totally blew this month. Came down with bronchitis on Tuesday and still can't even walk up a flight of stairs without hacking away. I hope I clear up by Friday in time to get started on March.