Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ February 2008 Chat

Hey Chickies,

All this talk of Mexico and tans :( its a dreary gray day today but I'm home so :tt2: The kids have off this week but the camp my dd usually goes to isn't open today, so I had to take a vacation day. I have mounds of laundry to clean and the house needs tyding up..as usual.

I'm also gonna try again sigh....to start eating right. I need to get my Water in and exercise or its never gonna happen.

Udder than that...sosdd ;)

Have a wonderful day / week kiddies...love yah.

:wub:

Just jumping in to say HI!!!!! to all the chicas!!! and i must say that i am jealous of those of you that have warm weather and very jealous of diane who gets to go to Mexico soon. the weather is warm here today but its also rainy so i dont count this as a good weather day.

hope everyone is doing great!

HI girls~~

Sorry I have not checked in, I have been a bum!!! I have the crud that is going around, I actually saw the Dr. for other things, but he swabbed me to check for the flu and my test did not change to either positive nor negative!!! They gave me a scrip for tamiflu if I got to feeling worse over the weekend. Which I did but it was not all related.

I felt like I had a cold Saturday but we met with the family to do our monthly Breakfast out---and 3 bites into Breakfast I broke my tooth again! It broke last week clear down at the root. It had been fractured years ago courtesy of my ex---and it finally gave out. Well my options were few so we decided it had to come out, and I have to see an oral surgeon for it, since it is down to the root, under the surface. The oral surgeon cannot do it until the 27th. So they put a temporary cover like filling--and 3 bites into breakfast it broke off---so I am hurting then.

The cold got some worse, but nothing too bad, now I am to the point of doing nothing but coughing---and trying to decide how to handle it, to try to push up my oral surgery and be hacking myself silly with an open socket---or cope with the tooth until I feel better....what a dilemma!!!

I had actually went to the Dr, on Friday to get my PS referral, which he did without question. He made all kinds of notes to build my case so that insurance will pay for the pannectomy---then I can speak with the surgeon about expanding it during my surgery---he said it is quite common. The Dr.'s office is to make my appointment, and also let me know how my latest blood work come out with my thyroid---and we are now into afternoon, and I have heard nothing. I called, neither one has had anything done, the blood work was not back, and she had not made my appointment. AARRGGHH!!!

Keep thinking positive, and breath deep-----my current mantra!!!

Rick is healing up! He was major upset that we had a fairly decent weekend and he could not ride, it hurt too bad! Was fine by me, there is way too much debris on the road for my comfort. We will wait awhile.

Thanks for asking about him!!!

He treated me like a baby all weekend, laid me on the couch, and made me wake up and drink every few minutes....sweet.....yeah----about 2 hours into it I wanted to hurt him!!!

Well---I am off to dry off the girl--I am sitting here with the laptop while she plays in a bubble bath---but her Water is cold, her chin is shivering!!

Oh I had a NSV this morning---even in my discomfort!!! We had a plumbing issue over the weekend, the tank to the toilet in the main bathroom cracked for who knows what reason, so we had to replace the toilet. As all of you with kids know, when you have a big box from something, you save it------several hours of play taken care of. So my NSV.....Kinsey and I can both fit in the box that our new toilet come in!!! Thought I may never straighten my neck again, but she loved it!!

Kat

Kat - Sorry to hear you're not feeling well and about your tooth. Hopefully you'll be able to get that fixed sooner. I'm still waiting for my dentist to call me back and I'm guess there is NO emergency service with them. I'm just praying they aren't off all week because the kids are on school vacation. Saturday night, my front tooth crown came off and I look like a hockey player!!!!! I of course shoved it back on but I have to be extremely careful while eating because it pops right off. I've lost it several times already THANKFULLY I noticed right away and didn't bite it and break it. It's just an aweful feeling and taste because of the cement they use in there. Yuck! So I feel your pain girl well actually if your's is painful I don't feel that because mine had a root canal on it...it's more a pain in my neck and embarrassing!

I'm poking around trying to find moderator tools so I can help LBT out a bit more. I asked our friend Betty for some pointers in the right direction. :wub: I only hope I can do as good a job as she does :tt2: I love helping out where I can so I was happy Alex asked me. Looks like LBT has a bunch new moderators so that's a great thing. Anywho...gotta get going. Just got done cleaning up after a big lunch/dinner....what is a 3pm meal called lol now I need to change the laundry over ;) Had the day off due to the President's Day Holiday but, haven't had much relaxation time that's for sure. It's more catch up on stuff time hee hee

Love yas

Congratulations on the moderator promotion Sherry, I got an invite, but I responded too late :unsure:.

You go girl, I'm sure you'll do an awesome job.

Thanks Pat....I'm kinda wingin it lol. Hopefully I can help out more as I learn more on what to do.

Yawn I'm pooped...this long weekend sure went by fast though :( Work tomorrow UGH

Nighters everyone

Same thing I did Pat----thought about it for awhile, trying to decide if I seriously wanted to commit....talked to Betty about it----thought WTH---and it was too late!! Decided THAT was my answer!!

Have fun with it Sherry--you will do fine!

Kat

Hi gang,

I had my leg surgery on Friday has a hard time with everything send the night and the whole next day in the hopsital.

I am have icjing and a rash by the insisiouns i can't spell im to tired sorry.

anyway soem of you remember that I had a terrlb;e reaction to my second band surgery a rash and itching well please pray for me cause I'm having some of that now. Haven't slept all nigt can't spell right now eitjer ok sleep time

Good morningY'all,

As usual, late again this morning! I need 24 more hours in a day around here!

Pat - No box yet, but it took some time last time so I am sure it is on the way. I get more excited with each day. Hope you are enjoying that sun!

Sherry - Don't be afraid to play around with things, that's the best way to learn, and ask questions. Go into the mod board and check it out.

Kat - Hope you are feeling better today!

Jessica - It has been raining here too, but it was nice and sunny yesterday and it's going to be nice today.

Dianne - Hope You are feeling better today too!

Well, I have to run and get dressed, running so late today! I just want to stay home and enjoy the outdoors today! I can't do that because we have a wedding shower at lunch today for a gal that works there.

Later!

Kat, I'm laughing, I talked to Betty too, she said go for it, LOL.

Diane, hope you're reaction is not serious, yikes.

Later girlies!

Hi folks........not gonna stay long, just wanted to share that I had to put my faithful friend of 11 years, to sleep. Heidi was a part of us, and losing her has been very painful. It was "time", but right now, knowing that we did the humane thing is not comforting me very much right now. After tears through the night, and a splitting headache this morning, I called in sick at 5:30 this morning. (left a message on the machine)

Got to go in tomorrow......Her being gone has really hit me hard.

Girls, I didn't read all the posts very closely (not thinkin' too swift)....but I do hope that you both (Kat & Dianne) get to feeling better real soon.

Pat, Betty, Sherry, Mandy, Eileen, Jessica, Cindy, Anne and everyone...sorry about the "weepy" post.:cursing:

Heidi.bmp

Diane, no reason to be sorry. I too have come to the jersey girls weeping over the loss of a beloved pet. We all have much in common. The band and also the fact that we are all animal people. I'm sorry you are hurting, but remember that Heidi will be waiting for you one day. Right now she is on the rainbow bridge watching over you. This helped me when I lost my Hobbes kitty in Oct 2006:

Weep not for me though I am gone

Into that gentle night

Grieve if you will, but not for long

Upon my soul's sweet flight.

I am at peace, my soul's at rest

There is no need for tears.

For with your love I was so blessed

For all those many years.

There is no pain, I suffer not,

The fear now all is gone.

Put now these things out of your thoughts,

In your memory I live on.

Remember not my fight for breath

Remember not the strife

Please do not dwell upon my death,

But Celebrate my life.

~Mandy

Pat, thank you. I have shared the hugs.

Mandy, what sweet words to comfort and encourage!!!!! thank you!

Jessica, I appreciate the hugs and prayers. Right now everything just seems so "off".

Dianne, how are you feeling today? I hope things are starting to turn toward things getting better & better every day!

Sherry!!!!!!!! You're a "Super Moderator"! YEA!!!! You're gonna be such a healing positive force for LBT and all the folks (like me) that look to LBT for support!

Kat, I was always plagued with dental delights! (not!), I can really empathize there! I hope your (and your Drs.') efforts gain you the help you want for the PS.

Only nine more days til I'm in the 80 degree weather, drink in hand, floating toward the "swim up bar" :).

Everybody have a good nite :wink2: