Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HI, I'm Nykee...banded Feb 14th 2005...

Hello.

I have lots of questions of course but I wanna start with this one.

Maybe someone here can help me.

I was banded 11 days ago, so of course I still have glue on my inscissions and stuff....

I have a pain about an inch under my Big inscission. Its a pain thats about 4 inches in circumfrence. I have no pain in any actual inscission.

The pain gets worse daily, not better. I didnt feel any of this pain before I flew home (though I WAS heavily medicated with Morphine the whole time)

I cant lay on my left side as I sleep. Sometimes in the middle of the night, I will go to toss to that side and OMG, the pain is really bad then.

The pain also gets bad when I walk.

I have felt the area for knots or lumps or hernia thingies, but it all feels normal. There is a lump in the big inscission, but I assume thats normal and thats not where the pain is anyway.

Anyone know what I am talking about??

THANK YOU!!!

Hi Nykee,

Congratulations on being banded! Post-surgical pain can manifest in lots of different ways, and it's very likely that's all that's going on. But if it's getting worse instead of better a call to your doctor is probably in order. Keep a very close eye on it for signs of infection, but don't put off calling the doc if it truly isn't going away. Take care!

Nykee, is the pain like a pulling or tugging feeling? Dr. Ortiz uses a sutures to tack down your port (your description sounds like where mine is at) and those can hurt a bit while healing. I couldn't sleep on my left side for awhile either. But sounds like your pain is much worse and it's best to call your doctor asap. He will be able to tell you what steps to take next. Never wait on stuff like this. Take care and let us know how you are.

Hi. I was banded by Dr. Ortiz on 12/10 & has similar (though milder) experience w/port pain. Dr. Martinez will call you right back & help you. He had me take Advil liquigels & they were a life-saver. But don't do anything until you speak to one of them. Dr. ortiz is better answering e-mail, & dr. Martinez is better @ phone calls. Good luck!

Wow

Thats service! lol

Thanks so much, I feel like its definately just port pain like you said.

I like that there are others here who had doctor Ortiz...

Hey, I was banded 8 days ago and It sounds like your port.. Are you staying to the diet to a T?? If it keeps getting worse and not any better please call you local Dr. they may want you on an antibiotic.. I was on one from my surgen untill yesterday. Good luck and please let us know how you are doing!!!

Tara

Thanks...

Tara, So.. you DONT have the pain?

Its NOT getting any better, but I dont know what MY doctor could possibiley do about it.

Maybe antibiotics, just in case.??

I see him next week.

I am surpose to bring him all the info on the lap band.

I am sure it will go away....

I am not following the directions to a T..

I have tomatoe Soup every day, milk and grape juice..

My instructions were orange juice, broth and gatorade... Jello

No pain, it is a tad sore if I press in the area of my port but, by no means hurts.. Please let me know what your Dr. says... Your describing your port area, Maybe it's tugging???? Did you get a hold of Dr. Ortiz??? Any feaver??? Your preaty much eating what I'm eating, I wish you lived closer, I would go to the Dr. with you.. PLEASE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW YOU ARE DOING??

Tara