Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Researching the Lap Band

Hi Everyone,

I am soo glad to have found this forum. I am considering having Lap Band Surgery and I live in Sunrise, Florida (just west of Fort Lauderdale). So far, I've only gone to one information seminar and will be going to another one next week at a different medical center.

Please let me know how many of you who have recently had the procedure are doing. Is it really only 1 week out of work? I am actually transferring to St. Petersburg sometime after April and don't want to miss too much time for the procedure, so I'm interested in knowing if it really is a pretty quick recovery.

Thanks for your help.

Alice

Hi Everyone,

I am soo glad to have found this forum. I am considering having Lap Band Surgery and I live in Sunrise, Florida (just west of Fort Lauderdale). So far, I've only gone to one information seminar and will be going to another one next week at a different medical center.

Please let me know how many of you who have recently had the procedure are doing. Is it really only 1 week out of work? I am actually transferring to St. Petersburg sometime after April and don't want to miss too much time for the procedure, so I'm interested in knowing if it really is a pretty quick recovery.

Thanks for your help.

Alice

Hi Alice,

I am 9 days post op and today was my first day back at work. I was originally going to take only one week off but my surgeon also repaired a hiatal hernia I didn't know I had and I wasn't feeling up to it yet on Monday. I don't do any heavy lifting at work or I would have had to wait until next Monday to go back - my surgeon says no lifting anything heavier than 20 lbs for 2 weeks. I didn't have any problems at all. Hope this helps!

I had it done on 10/29/08 and I was behind my desk 3 days later for a few hours at a time working and I had 2 hernias repaired.

Its been 3 months and I have lost 38 pounds. It was the best thing I ever did.

Connie

I had my surgery in Mexico and flew home to Michigan 3 days later. I felt fine. I don't work, but I don't think I would have had any problems.

I am going to be in Stuart sometime in the next couple months to visit my mom and my hubby's cousin lives in Sunrise. We'll probably be getting in touch with him while we are down there. Maybe we could get together. My e-mail is kirajh@yahoo.com.

Hi Alice~

I am new too. I have my first appointment in VT on Wednesday, Feb 13.

I am excited and nervous at the same time. A friend of mine and I were going to do this a year ago and I backed out. She now looks unbelievably fantastic and here I sit, bigger than ever!

So. . . . I've finally taken the first step: sent in the paperwork and had the blood drawn. Now I have my first appointment and find it hard to believe I will be able to do this. Still, I will give it all I've got.

Joan

Hi Joan,

I have my first appointment 13 Feb as well :rolleyes: Don't kick yourself too much on not doing it last year. We each do it when we are ready to and not before. Best of luck on your appointment.

I had the surgery on Fri. and went back to work on Mon with out any problems.

What type of work do you do?

I'm a secretary, but do quite a bit of walking.

Starting wgt. 225 1-07

Current wgt. 149 2-07

76 lb. gone!

Hi again!

Thanks for the reply.

It was really nice to know someone responded. I noticed your tickerfactory timeline. That's cool.

Joan

Joan, It's great to hear you're going to give it all you have. You deserve this! Your friend that had it done last year can help you through, and answer any questions you're going to have.

Thanks for the compliment on my wgt loss and ticker. I still feel the same inside, just lighter!:eek:

No, I'm not treated differently. They've all congratulated me on my weight loss at one time or another, but that's it. It hasn't been over the top with the praise or encouragement. They've given the same amount of praise to someone who has come in with a nice hair style.:eek: