Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NOT hungry - but weak and light-headed

Hi All,

Banded last Monday. Did a bowel prep the night before - YUCK!, followed Clear liquids for 4 days, full liquids for 2, and today on to pureed foods. Should have been clear for 7, full liquid for 7, and pureed starting the 3rd week. I am not doing this out of hunger. Several days ago, I began to get weak and dizzy. Yesterday, my doc told me to make sure I drink ALOT, so I drank 120 oz of Water Sat. No better today, so I called him again. He still said I'm dehydrated (and told me to start sipping Pedialyte, or he could bring me into the ER and I could have IV fluids). Starting the Pedialyte a couple of hours ago. It didn't help. So, my next meal was pureed chicken and I must say that I feel a bit better.

I have a gut feeling that this has nothing to do with dehydration but from lack of food.

Has anyone else felt totally full, but weak and light-headed? I'm supposed to go back to work in a week and I'm starting to freak out that I won't be able to - I also have a three year old to take care of.

Thanks so much for listening!

I have felt the same way. If I start to do to much I get really light headed. I think it is a combination of weakness after surgery, lack of calorie intake, and dehydration.

I had the same concern, I had my surgery 11 days ago and I was soo weak that I could not just get up and excercise, my daily activities tired me out so much but I did notice that after I tried adding powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein to my crystal light I felt a little better. i'm not eating much at either, I have to force myself to eat at. I have the same concern about work also because I work at a psychiatric hospital and you have to be quick on your feet, you don't have time to be weak!! But, as each day passes I feel a little better so hopefully you will also!

Best Wishes,

Danielle

Hi, Im Esther and actually in the over 60 group, but I saw this and want to say I had the same feeling and also kept going in to vertigo- Long story short- Im 28 days post op- combined with my pre-op diet, I have lost 30 lbs. If you take blood pressure medicine - have your dr check your pressure. I was on 2 pills a day- my WL dr had me go to one a day and 2 weeks later my medical dr had me stop the blood pressure medicine completly- I had droped down to 108/68 -- So if you still have bouts of weekness and fatique and any dizziness. Check your BP

Good luck to you esther

Not banded yet but I know I've felt like that when I switched my diet, esp when I gave up caffine and sugar (can't have one without the other). I was dizzy and sick for 3 days. Wonder how much of that could be the dumping of toxins into your system? They say we store toxins in our fat and if you are losing weight that quickly chances are they are in your blood stream. Esp as you've lost weight so quickly. And combined with low calories. I know now to be prepared with the knowledge that this might happen to me, too.

Not banded yet but I know I've felt like that when I switched my diet, esp when I gave up caffine and sugar (can't have one without the other). I was dizzy and sick for 3 days. Wonder how much of that could be the dumping of toxins into your system? They say we store toxins in our fat and if you are losing weight that quickly chances are they are in your blood stream. Esp as you've lost weight so quickly. And combined with low calories. I know now to be prepared with the knowledge that this might happen to me, too.

This could be carb withdrawal. I've been on a low carb diet for two weeks now and I am finally starting to feel normal again. I had headaches, nausea, fatique, light headedness, etc. It is finally starting to level out.

I was banded last Thursday and also not very hungry. I have been sipping on apple and grape juice just to keep my sugar levels up. It seems to help me with the light headed feeling.