Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Merry Losers -- check in and let us know how your day is

Hey guys long time no chat, I haven't checked in w/ the MERRY LOSERS in awhile! I am doing well, going to get another fill on Friday. I ahve 4.5cc's in my 10cc band. I am doing ok..... you guys?

You are looking awesome!!! You are almost half way there and only 2 months out! Think how awesome you're going to feel at 6 months! I'm on day 1 of my second fill. Feeling much better but there is still swelling to give me restriction. Hopefully I don't lose it after that goes away.

Check in more often! Tell us about your progress.

well guys its me again lol!! im down another 3 pounds so im 50 pounds down. feeling wonderful!!! hope all is well:thumbup:

HI Everybody!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been focused on a carrot dangling in front of my cart lately. LOL! Haven't really lost much according to the scale, but I had to buy some new pants. My friends at work were telling me I was starting to look like a flying squirrel with my old ones. My focus lately? I am going to VEGAS!!!! this lovely three day weekend. At this point, I don't care how slow I am losing I just need a break. I am sick of school, sick of the school I work at, and sick of obsessing over my weight. AND, I am recovering from being sick with this flu epidemic. So far, have not had a fill, ever. I am scheduling one next week. Still, not eating more than a cup, not hungry during the day, but still eat a snack. Excercise 4 days a week, cardio 45-60 minutes, and still only lost 3 lbs since Jan 2. What gives? Who knows? Right now, I don't care. I will re-focus next week. Everyone tells me I look great, but I am the only one that feels otherwise. I feel frustrated, but not sad or depressed. So that's cool. I do have more energy.

Just wanted to catch ya guys up.!

Late!

Oh my gosh Reif - what an amazing loss since 12/12.

By the way that is my band date also.

Congratulations!

C.N.

Happy Valentines Day Merry Losers!!! :cursing:

Just checking in...Got my first fill Tuesday and I'm hoping this jump starts my weight loss. It's been slowwwww going and I need some help. It's time to start a ticker. Seems everyone else has lost lots more than me. OH WELL!!!!

Banded 12/26/2007

weight.png

CN

thank you

im suprised at myself too for the wonderful weightloss. hope your journey is treating you well as well as everyone else!

Hi Fellow Merry Losers!

I am doing well, but frustrated because the scale is not moving as quickly as I would like... I stall for a couple of weeks and then lose 3-4 lbs the 3rd week, it would be nice if I could count on losing something every week, that would keep my motivation tops...:mad:

Anyone else feel frustrated and trying hard not to obsess about the scale moving or not??:confused2:

Anyone else feel frustrated and trying hard not to obsess about the scale moving or not??:confused2:
Tiffany - I get on the scale every morning and of course I'm happy if the number is down. But I can vary up to 5 pounds from day to day, presumably based on Water retention as well as actual weight. If all I was looking at was the number each morning I'd probably be frustrated on the days I'm up. So I made an Excel spreadsheet with my daily weight and made a line graph - it's much more encouraging to realize that the general trend is weight loss, even though there are fluctuations upward.

Also, when I felt as though I was on a long plateau (though looking at the graph after it was over it's possible to see my weight was still trending downward slowly) I measured myself and compared those measurements to ones I took before starting on the band process. Knowing I'd lost 25.5 inches made the relatively flat weight loss seem a lot less important!

So my advice would be to look at the general trend :-)

Good luck!

I went shopping today trying to find a shirt for my 40th d-day next thursday my DH and I are going to a comedy club and maybe spend the night at a hotel. I was happy but a little disappointed I can fit into a 14-16 but the only problem is my upper arms and shoulder area kinda of tight and next size up was to big don't want to spend a lot of money when I know I still have a lot of weight to loose yet. But I did buy a coat for next yr. in a size 14-16 I like my coats big anyway figure by next winter it will be fine it was 75% off clearance I love a bargin lol.I been exerising 3-4 times a wk on my treadmill and i just got THe BEan workout only used it once so far. I seen a friend that had moved away which i had not seen in probably a yr. and the first thing she said what did you did you have lost so much weight(which made my day) so that was cool.So that was my day.

Well I go on Monday to get my second fill. I am really excited about that because I am so close to the 100's and I know that it will get me there. I was soooo bad yesterday. I had 3 of my closest friends over for a girls night and we ate and drank!! We had 3 bottles of wine between the 4 of us! I haven't been that bad since I was banded. We really had so much fun though so I have NO regrets, none, nada!! If you can't have fun once in a awhile then I don't want the band, AMEN?? I have not had a drink since way before my band and I am feeling it this morning, ugh! Well wish me luck for tomorrow and I will let you all know how it goes!

I am having a good day so far. We leave in 30 minutes for the airport to begin a 19 day adventure in South America and Anartica. We will be cruising round trip from Buenos Aires to Buenos Aires and going around the horn. This will be a good test of my band although I actually lost weight on my last two cruises without the band. I still seem to be eating a lot of soft foods. So far fish is the only thing that gives me any problems and I don't know why. See y'all on March 7th.

Well I had my second fill yesterday. He put in another 1 cc. So altogether I have 4 cc's in a 10 cc band. Now I am not sure if that is totally accurate. The reason I say that is because I saw him do the fill. I saw that he had 2 cc's in that syringe and pulled out 3 from me then put all 5 cc's in me. He said now I have 4 but I swear I saw him put in 5. So I am a little confused. The trip there is about 4 hours. My dh and I went together. On our was home we went through a snow storm that was just horrible. It took us about 6 hours to get home. I have decided that this is my last fill until the trees have budded. :( I am sooooooo over snow!! Our Excursion was sliding all over the interstate because of the black ice and the semi's were flyng around us. It stunk!! But the good news is is that I am soooo close to the 100's!! My show I am in opens in 3 weeks so I am sure I will be in the 100's by then. I am really excited tosee what will happen over the next few weeks. BE BLESSED!

Thank you Alyson for the advice, I think it is great advice! I will make an excel graph to check the trendline...

I lost 2.5lbs this week, so I guess it was my week to lose. Next week should stall again...

Also, I get my 2nd fill tomorrow, so I am looking forward to that.

Thanks for the support everyone!

well guys its me again. lol i have weighed yet again and im down to 236 which is 58 pounds down im so happy i just love this band. i hope things are goin good with all. post later!