Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Merry Losers -- check in and let us know how your day is

Thanks for listening to me complain. I just keep telling myself it's a slow process. I am making good choices when I eat, and I am exercising 4 times a week for at least an hour per session, ans sometimes more. I just don't know why I am at such a standstill. I can't be developing that much muscle, can I? I guess what frustrates me, is that I lost 10 lbs the week right after surgery, and once the mushies and soft foods came across, the weight loss stopped. I did not get a chance to call my Dr.'s office today, so I will try for tomorrow, again.

Again, thanks for listening!

Well, I went for my second fill today. Had another 2ml's put in and then had my sip of Water to make sure all was OK - that was an experience. One little sip took ten minutes to gurgle it's way through the band. Sounded like a blocked drain I did :frown:

I had never heard such a noise, so out came 1ml and now I have a grand total of 3mls in my band. Go back in 3 weeks and may get 0.5 added - all depends on how I go for the next 3 weeks.

Danna

:frown:Hello everyone I 'm a liitle bit disappointed in myself I had my surgery on 12-28 and had lost a total of 27 lbs. and I haven't had a fill yet, and the past 2 weeks have been so hungry and I feel like I did before surgery ,and have already ate to much a couple of times I didn' t have any PB or anything but felt awfull afterwards I have my 1st fill on 2-07 hopefully I get some restristion I need to go back to consistently measuring my food , I know sometimes it's common to gain after surgery but it still makes me feel like a failure I've gained back 6lbs. in the last 2 weeks :frown: well I jut needed to vent

hey all just checkin in for the last two weeks i havent really lost anything. so i tried uppin my calories and bam ive lost 3 pounds in the last week of the two weeks of not losing so im excited im down 40 pounds since my surgery on the 12th of dec. wooohooooooooo

Hey sounds like you all are doing pretty good!

Tggr, I'm with ya, I am down 11 lbs since surgery with 10 of that being the week after surgery. GRRRR.

I got a fill last week (5cc) and I can still eat about anything and WAYYYY too much of it. I'm going in for a 2nd fill on 2/6. Can't wait. I've been doing the Couch to 5K running program plus walking 30 minutes and still the scale won't move. My clothes are fitting a little better but still the next size smaller is still too tight. I'm jealous of the 20 lb + weight loss I'm seeing with most of you, and hopefully mine will kick in soon!

Is anyone else so sick of chicken they want to scream?? If I never see another chicken breast I will be a happy woman.

I hit 40 lbs down today . . . and I'm tap dancing around the kitchen while I get my cottage cheege and applesauce. OK . . . that includes pre-op weight for me - but hell - I lost it and I'm counting it. The scale keeps inching down . . . whatever speed it wants to go at . . .but it eventually moves for me - YEA!

Saturday morning .. . hi all! Done a couple 12 hours days at work . . . not fun . . . so came home and collapsed into bed last night . . . only to be awakened by my grandson who is into temper tantrums in the middle of the night. Lord Love a Duck . . . I've heard high pitched screams before . . . but this kid can sustain them . . . and we're supposed to let him go (per the doctor) . . . do you think 14 pillows on top my head will smother me? lol . . . ok . . .only 7. Hope everyone has a good weekend . . . I'm going to Walmart for some quiet time (how bad is that?)

HI, my Merry friends. Haven't logged in a while. I got promoted at the 1st of the year, so I have been super diligent at work. The home internet was down; but, we got it fixed last weekend. Not to mention I set up a wireless network this morning and am loving using my company laptop from anywhere in my house!!!

I have had 1 fill and am not really restricted. I have been struggling with the weight loss. 12 lbs to date, which I feel should be more. I have been journaling my food and watching everything that goes into my mouth. Have had 0 alcohol since New Years Eve and just can't believe the scale only says 12lbs...

I am waiting for that sweet spot and until then I will keep making good food choices and going to the gym, but wish I saw a bit more results wise on the scale...

Hope everyone is well, I am sure I will be able to check in more now that I have the internet stuff worked out...

Hey sounds like you all are doing pretty good!

Tggr, I'm with ya, I am down 11 lbs since surgery with 10 of that being the week after surgery. GRRRR.

I got a fill last week (5cc) and I can still eat about anything and WAYYYY too much of it. I'm going in for a 2nd fill on 2/6. Can't wait. I've been doing the Couch to 5K running program plus walking 30 minutes and still the scale won't move. My clothes are fitting a little better but still the next size smaller is still too tight. I'm jealous of the 20 lb + weight loss I'm seeing with most of you, and hopefully mine will kick in soon!

Is anyone else so sick of chicken they want to scream?? If I never see another chicken breast I will be a happy woman.

I was also banded on the 17th. I think we really need to focus on our own progress and not compare ourselves to others. There are people who have been doing better than me in losing weight. They are proud of what they have done and they want to tell the world. I don't blame them; but we can't compare ourselves to them. Do you have any idea how many people are not losing as fast as they want to or as fast as some of the people who post on here? I am betting there are a lot. If you think you are a failure because you haven't lost as much weight as someone else, your wrong.

Twenty pounds is significant weight loss. Go get a 20 pound weight and try to hold it over your head for 5 minutes. If you lose 5 pounds in the next 5 weeks, that is really good. It is way better than what you were doing before you decided to have the surgery.

Get your head back in the game. You are doing very well. You have probably gained a little muscle. You might be retaining a little Water. You might need a little metamucil. Whatever. Keep going on the exercise and drinking the Water and making good food choices. I'll try to do the same.

And yes, I am pretty much sick of chicken.

hello all again how we doin seems like everyone is doing a great job keep it up. change it around a little bit instead of chicken try turkey i know i feel the same chicken is getting on my nerves.lol

Hi guys. I've had a really crappy attitude the last few days so I've been keeping myself scarce. I didn't want to contaminate the good vibes going on here. There have been some good posts. Way to go everyone.

I'm not going to bore you all with all the blah dy blah de blah that my life has been lately but the only thing that seems to be almost alright these days is my band. I can't wait for fill on Monday, since I haven't lost a pound in almost 3 weeks, but I'm eating alright and living decently....

exercise is non-existant right now. I'm struggling to keep family all tied in one knot so walking is low priority. Probably part of the reason I'm not losing. However, the stress level has tightened me up a bit the last week or so. I don't know....maybe I don't need a fill....but the stress is bound to disappear and THEN where will I be? They like to see their patients at least once a month for the first three months anyways so I'll go...we'll see what my team has to say about it.

Just thought I'd poke in and let you know I'm still around....just growly.

Hope everyone else is having a better week.

awww Steph . . . this is not good! We miss your smiley face around here! I hope things settle down for you and your stress disappears! Hugs!

Chris

i hope things settle down for you steph.

I found on what my restriction level was i didnt chew a bite good enough and man i felt semi stuck whewwwww and it ended up giving me hiccups how strange lol. didnt hurt but i knew it was there

i had my second fill on monday and i feel so much better!! hope things are well with all!!!

Hi everyone! I'm new to the site and glad to see there are others that were banded in December! :) I was banded Dec. 17th and had my first fill last Monday. I can definitely feel a difference! After surgery I couldn't eat that much and the weight came off fast those 3 weeks. Then I went out of town and I could eat 1/2 to 3/4 of what I normally did and things stablizated. :eek: I had a lot of pain with my muscle and it was SNOWY and COLD here in Colorado so I didn't get out and walk or exercise much. :eek: It is still sore sometimes when I roll over at night... OUCH! :eek:

Since I was filled with 5cc, things have... gotten tighter! :eek: But what is weird is I didn't feel it as tight last week, as I have the last 2 or 3 days... Is that weird??? :huh2: Yesterday and today I haven't been able to each that much... A few bites at a time and I'm uncomfortable... :eek: I guess the weight loss is going to speed up now! :lol:

Is anyone else having trouble giving up drinking when you do eat??? :huh2: I am having a hard time stopping this habit... Since my fill though, I can only sip or I feel like the Water isn't going down for a few seconds so this has helped me slow down on the drinking with a meal habit. However, if I'm eating something drier, I need a drink! :frown: If the food is soft and moisture in it, I can do a better not drinking when I'm eating....

Congrats to everyone who didn't let the holidays stop them from being banded! It would have been so EASY to binge through the holidays! :eek:

Good luck everybody!!!

Girlmoose

Woke up to a sick 3 year old. Had to drive the 35 miles to work to get ready for a subsitute and then drive the 35 miles home to take care of him. GRRRR. By the time I got home the 13 year old was home from school sick too.

Sitting around all day is bad for me. I don't move enough and I don't eat right. I munch too much. I haven't gone completely overboard but I did eat 1/2 piece of toast that I shouldn't have and 1/4 piece of pizza. Calorie wise I'm fine but definitely not good choices. Where's the Protein in THAT!

I have been getting my liquid in. I noticed that I've been drinking a ton more plain Water. Before all of this I honestly said I HATED Water. I would drink maybe 20oz a month. I couldn't imagine drinking 65oz. per DAY! So I bought all the crystal light and similar stuff. Now, I just drink the water. I don't like the sweet as much. Imagine that!!! The sugar addict saying that something is too sweet. I still drink flavored Creamer and splenda in my morning coffee though. I can't give that up. I'm thinking of cutting down how much I use though. That new mindset just AMAZES me!!!!

Well, back to doing something besides sitting here. You guys have a great day!!!