Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Greetings from Kentuckiana

It was so nice reading about all you fellow Kentuckians! I live in Louisville, am married, and have a 10 month old little girl. I will have my surgery sometime around the 3rd week of March at St. Mary with Dr. Lusco. I would love to keep up with all of you and your progress!

I'm going to Clark. I used to work there, and really like the surgeon who does them.

That is awsome. I think it is great to find a Dr you like.

It was so nice reading about all you fellow Kentuckians! I live in Louisville, am married, and have a 10 month old little girl. I will have my surgery sometime around the 3rd week of March at St. Mary with Dr. Lusco. I would love to keep up with all of you and your progress!

You will LOVE dr. Lusco! He is so nice and all of his assistants are great!

We are having a support group meeting monday at st. marys you can go if you want it is at 6:30pm we usualy have a good croud and we discuss all of the issues with the band and help solve problems.

Good luck!

Hi, I live in Brandenburg Kentucky. I have not even began the process of the lapband yet. I am still thinking about it. My PCP has discussed it with me some what. I am 43 years old, 5'4 225 pounds now. I think my BMI is around 39, I have high blood pressure, insulin resistance, back pain, etc, etc. I am scared to death of surgery but I have to do something. My daughter had gastric bypass surgery in Nov. 2006 and has lost over 150 pounds. I don't want to go with the by pass. I was wondering what doctor everyone used and any other information anyone could give me. I will of course be looking at having the surgery in Louisville. My daughter's doctor was Dr. Shina, I don't know how many lapband surgeries he has done though. I look forward to talking to others in my area that have had the procedure and what the results have been.

I am also in KY and I work for the state and have Humana Insurance and from what my doctor told me Humana does cover it but at the very least there is a 6 month Dr. supervised diet that you have to do. I know that with the state there are a few other requirements that I am not totally clear on yet but I have started the 6 month diet with my PCP. I am from over by Cincinnati, OH area.

I'm from Owensboro KY. I had my surgery July 2006 in Lousiville by Dr Schuster .

I am so pleased with my band. It still keeps me nice and full.

edie

I work for the school board so my Humana is through the state. I guess I better get to the doctor to get started on my diet. I still have to think about this... I am the biggest chicken in the world when it comes to doctors and surgeries... I need a lot of support!!!

Congratulations Edie!! I used to live in Owensboro several years ago. I am glad the badn worked so well for you and I am hoping that if I decide to get it done I will have the same results.

You will LOVE dr. Lusco! He is so nice and all of his assistants are great!

We are having a support group meeting monday at st. marys you can go if you want it is at 6:30pm we usualy have a good croud and we discuss all of the issues with the band and help solve problems.

Good luck!

Cerrin, thanks for the invite...perhaps I can make it. How often are the support group meetings? I already met Dr Lusco at the seminar - and he does seem very nice. I'm looking forward to talking to him at my first surgeon appointment.

The meetings are the first monday of every month at 6:30

I like Lusco because he is agressive with the fills and he cares about his patients. I love LOVE st. Marys because so many people that work in the hospital have had the band. and they are very friendly and open about issues and concerns. I love it.

I sound like a comercial. lol But I figure if I have to be some where every 6 weeks or so I should like the people and I do.

Cerrin,

I like hearing that Dr Lusco is agressive with his fills. Makes me feel like he wants great results too. He did say in his seminar that he handles fills differently than surgeons at other hospitals.

I have a question for you...Do you live far from St Mary's? The reason I ask is because although I live in Louisville, I'm a good half hour away and I wonder if the twice a week exercise program is very worthwhile. With gas prices being as high as they are, and with my terrible gas mileage, would it be just as productive to just start an exercise program of my own? Did you attend all the classes?

Blue, I didnt use their excercise facilities. For one I didnt like the trainer. I personly thought he was a jerk. A lot of the people do use him and like him. But I didnt. he kinda pissed me off with his I am fit and your not and I am healthy and your not attitude. So I used my own gym. I worked with a trainer for about a month and now I go and see one once a month to keep me on track. I live in New Albany so I have about a 30 minute drive also.

I think If you trust yourself to stick with a program then do it. But the 6 weeks is free to go to them. So If you like the guy you might want to go to him for a while so he can get you on track on what you need to be doing.

Personaly I am hard on myself. I have a tendency to push myself harder then someone else would push me. It is nice to work out with a trainer, But financially I cant afford it long term. So I do it on my own.

The gym I go to is only 20 dollars a month so I dont have an excuse for that.

Hello everyone!

I live in Magnolia, KY, it is about 45 min from Elizabethtown. I am hoping to be banded next month. I am in the process of getting all my pre-op visits done (psy, pt, nutritionist). I am having my band done by Dr. Kaza in E-town. I am married, have 1 sone, 6 cats and a dog.