Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why I'm not going to read anymore posts !!

You've just gone through a serious surgery. You won't have as much pain because there aren't the nerves on the inside of your body like there are on the outside. Give yourself time to heal. The stomach area has been prodded, pushed, pulled and banded. The anethesia needs to leave your body.

You'll be able to sustain yourself very easily on the post op diet. We all have been there, so this is a truth I'm telling you.

It's no longer necessary to consume the massive amounts of food over a day that you ate a month ago or even a week ago.

Oh, and now you'll start to lose the weight.;)

Welcome to the other side! Now you're life as a "NORMAL, HEALTHY" person begins!

FinallyFree

Starting wgt. 225 1-07

Current wgt. 148 2-08

#3 more to hit my desired BMI!

I'm feeling pretty good. Can't run a foot race yet but I am hustling to the toilet better. I had mild discomfort at the larger incision site but it is going away. The tylenol with codeine was great help. I have been working to sip an ounce of liquid every 15 minutes and inhaling on that apparatus every hour to get the CO2 out of my system. They inflate your torso during surgery. I had a little blister on a lip afterwards, probably from the intubation tube. I had a moderate sore throat the first day only and lozenges helped.

No problem walking after the general anesthesia wore down. A little trouble changing postures, like standing from bed, sitting and rising, anything that required core muscles. That is passing day by day and I can move easily now without the muscle tension. Still some tightness in my shoulders and neck from the operation, being in the same posture for an hour. My surgery only lasted 44 minutes. I came in at 7 for prep, surgery at 9, over before 10, awoke easily at 1130sh, left around 1 after I dribbled a few drops of urine and had the post-op swallow procedure. Much easier than the barium--it tasted like a liquer, kinda licorice like Jaegermeister.

The most painful, uncomfortable experience for me was the Manometry. The doc shoved it up my right nostil which we discovered was deviated, ie had been broken sometime in my life. Then when I got the first drops of Water to swallow, they went down my windpipe into my lungs.

Going under was such a snap. I recall three nice breaths of oxygen thinking it smelled kinda like faint flowers. Nice. Then I awoke and was just slightly sore... I told them 6 on the 10 scale for the sore throat, as I recall. Then they gave me something for pain and I soon told them 2 when I left.

I had a bit of bloating and gas but didn't take gas x. Maybe I will try that if it returns.

Enjoyed some sips of apple juice. I'd been living on crystal light, Water, popsicles....and Jello for my meds that require "food." My stomach has been pretty hungry for about a week now, ie growling very loudly. But I'm doing okay mentally not having food. I occasinally remember "cheese enchiladas" but don't feel anxious.

Best to you! You'll do great!

I understand completely why the site could scare you. I am only considering the surgery still and the forum has raised a lot of questions, however, I am glad that I found the site. I have found in my life that I like to hear absolutely all the bad things...that way when I do something and it goes well...I feel really lucky. The site has answered a lot of questions and better prepared me for making a decision on having surgery. Congratulations to you on your surgery and GOOD LUCK!!!

Hey all! today is my 3rd day after surgery- so far so good, just a few questions- not sure if its gas, not painful- but wow the noise it makes and blows- its funny- me in the bathroom laughing- my family thinks I am nuts....is there anything I can do to help it? Also, I dont think I have diarrea, but appears whatever I had in my system is coming out- whenever it wants----what can I do??? what is PS?:thumbdown::thumbup:

Hi, Deneicy... I understand why it would make you nervous reading some of these posts... especially before your surgery. I'm pre band too... but I find that I now look only for the encouraging posts... if you come back before your surgery, I hope you might check out the following post. I loved it, "Would you do it again..." It was wonderful and made me feel so good about my decision. Best of luck to you and no worries, you'll do great!

Hope this link works,

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/would-you-do-again-51462/

lol, i like the jaeger part! glad to see you're back and congrats on entering bandland! i'm thinking on doing the same thing and going MIA. not because of the freaking out thing, but i always stay on here way late, and i'd imagine you need to be relaxed leading up to & day of surgery. . .

Underwriter, you are experiencing, as Deniecy did, as most of us did, that liquid in = liquid out! When there is nothing else in your system, that is what happens.

However it does show that you are doing the right thing---and not eating. If it goes in liquid and comes back out liquid, then your stomach is not working to digest anything, and that is the goal! You are allowing it time to heal. It is inconvenient, and sometimes you get a little sore from it, I found the TUCKS pads helped (store brand is the same)---and as soon as you can begin adding things to your diet, it improves. You might also find certain things you are eating on your all liquid diet exacerbate the problem, especially the gas involved. Anything made sugar free can be made with malitol, or sorbitol, and they are notorious for causing massive gas issues---and when you combine that with the liquid problems---it can be bad! I found the broth I was using, made my problems worse, quit drinking it, and mine eased a lot!!!

I know it is kinda funny at times, and very unpleasant at other times, but it does indicate that you are doing all the right things. In a short time you will be past it, and on your way!!!

Welcome to bandland, and welcome to LBT!!!

Kat

Congratulations, I am new here. I like all the information, went to my first meeting for potential lap band patients at the hospital. They were very thorough in explaining things and gave me a big packet of stuff to read. I was able to as some intelligent questions LOL. The process at this clinic takes between 4 and 6 months. I can wait and will keep busy with stuff. And do everything they want me to do.