Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

lapbanders called cheats

I'll admit, I was once one of those people who thought weight loss surgery was the "easy way out". Why did I think this? I was doing weight watchers hard core and struggling to lose (PCOS). I frequented their message boards for support, and it was a common theme you hear: "WLS is taking the easy way out". It got so I believed it, too. Until I realized I was only 28, weighing over 300lbs, on the verge of being diabetic and probably not seeing my daughter grow up. That's when I knew I needed something more. I haven't been back to a WW meeting or the website because I know what kind of anger and venom they have towards those who have had WLS.

Well its not easy and if you don`t have your head in the right place its quite easy to cheat the band , The band is a aide nothing more you still need to work with it....

I cannot understand how people can think lapbanding is cheating !! Its not like you get a lapband then bang you are thin!! It still takes work and commitment !!:)

Hi All, I was just reading the Inbox in the latest slimming & health mag , and the star letter winner was someone saying that an inspirational slimmer featured in one issue should not have been in the mag because she had LAP-BAND® surgery to lose all her weight, also saying that she was a cheater. I myself have a band and am dam proud of it. I tried every diet/pill that you can think off, yeh I lost weight but when you stop taking it up goes the weight and some. It really made me angry that this inconsiderate person thinks we are cheats, what she dosent understand is we still have to work hard to shift the weight, we dont just miraculously wake up the next day slim (now that would be a dream and not a bad thing,and I think even miss inconsiderate would have the band put in then). When ever someone comments on my weight loss I proudly tell them that I got a secret weapon called a LAP-BAND®, Im not ashamed of it , in fact Ive had other people ask for the surgeons name. Anyway sorry to dump my anger like this, but has anyone else had this reaction from other people when they know you have a band, do any of you feel like a cheat.

:cursing:yeh but your cheating youve got a band , oh p**s off. I have slogged it at the gym and swam so many laps i feel sea sick, spent so much moneyon all the other wieght loss stuff that it probably paid for the band twice over. I m proud of my band and the life I have chosen because I use it correctly. These judgmental people make me so:cursing: whatever works works , I dont go around saying oh you do w.watchers you cheat do I???? AGHHHHH

Cheers Chooky

Omg this makes me so angry.... I hate when people judge others and dont know their background etc. I recently went on a date with a guy who ranted about how weightloss surgeries and Lipo etc are for lazy people and they're cheaters etc.

I dont tell people about my surgeries but I was so proud to show off my scars to that idiot and ask him what he thought of me now :cursing: needless to say I wont see him again ( though because I am skinny now he doesn't think I am lazy and wants to see me again.... honestly wtf)

Most negative comments are directly related to the ignorance and intolerance of the person making them.