Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Fab Forties -- new & a question

Hello everyone. I'm new to the group. I had my lapband done on June 8, 2007 --- I've lost over 70 pounds and have had 3 fills. My question is after my last fill I have been having a reflux problem. Has anyone else experienced this? I have never had a reflux problem before but I do now---constantly.

I have never had a reflux problem but my doctor puts all his patients on prilosec for 3 -6 months after surgery. Maybe you should give your doc a call.

val

Thanks Val, I called my doctor, he wants to see me -- so I'm going in tomorrow morning. He said I may have too much fill --- we'll see. Thanks for the information. Lisa LaRue

Lisa, I am having a problem with the food going down. Most of the time when I eat the food seems to get stuck. Its not an issue of me feeling fool just that I can't get the food down. Were you having this problem? If so was your fill too tight? Thanks Ann Marie

i also had an issue with the reflux for a while. i was keeping my band on the tight side, pushing my weight loss. i had to have an slight unfill. also i dont eat before bed. i was eating at nite and then going to sleep. so that made it worse....... once i had an slight bit of fiill removed , i was better. also smoking makes it worse. good luck.

Reflux is a sign of being too tight. There are only 2 recommendations. First Prilosec and second is a slight unfill. The unfill is the only thing that worked for me .3 ccs. Julie

I only had reflux in the morning, I'd get up with dh and either have a cup of coffee or drink of Water and lay back down and it'd start. So I stopped getting a drink before laying back down. My dr says sometimes you need a little tightening - and now that I think about it since I had my last fill I havent' had the reflux - or maybe it just bc I stopped drinking and laying down!

The other thing I was getting was the gas pains. I would wake up at night with this pain in my back and feel like I had to burp - so I sit up and out comes this huge burp - big ole stinky burp - and I took gasx a few times too. I don't know what was causing that but I suspect it was eating before bed. With this new fill I've cut out all snacking.

How about anyone suffering from "heartburn" ?? It seems to have gotten worse after my 3rd fill. But, I'm not so sure if that is the reason or just the foods i eat.

thankful after 5 years and not being filled completely empty for a year and a half I still have a hard time swallowing. Sometimes the same food gets stuck and sometimes it doesn't. Doc says I take 2 big of a bite- dont chew enough -its the food or maybe it was cooked in the microwave or grilled so it is too dry-also I could be eating too fast. Whatever--I could not tell you which it is because sometimes I do not do any of these things and I still have problems. It is usually but not always the first bite or so. Someone suggested drinking something hot like tea before you eat. This does help if you can do this.

Chris-5yrsout-47yrs

Hello everyone. I'm new to the group. I had my LAP-BAND® done on June 8, 2007 --- I've lost over 70 pounds and have had 3 fills. My question is after my last fill I have been having a reflux problem. Has anyone else experienced this? I have never had a reflux problem before but I do now---constantly.

YES, ME.U MAY HAVE HAD A GASTRO PROBLEM AND DIDN'T REALIZE IT.THAT HAS PROGRESSED 2 REFLUX.I HAD A PROBLEM WITH BEING GASSEY PRIOR 2 BANDING.:)