Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Joy Fit Club %$#@&

Well here we go again, on the Today show we now have The Joy Fit Club. :puke:"Patti" lost 125# and was called a SUPERWOMAN!!!! WTF! :girl_hug: I am sooooo sick of this...Just how many "SUPERWOMEN" are members of this site??? A hell of a lot!!!! I feel an email to the Today show coming on...:(

Why does it make you angry that these women are called "Superwoman". I say give them credit for achieving their weightloss goals. Good for them for taking control of their lives, just as we are doing. Do they deserve more credit than us, definitely not. The road taken to lose the weight, doesn't matter, but what lies at the end of this difficult journey does. Am I making sense? JMHO

Ok I'm sch for feb 5th and so every morning i see that crap... it makes me have 2nd doubts about what i'm doing like i'm a bad person and i'm giving up. taking the easy way. no easy from what i been reading. why not give credit to all people who have lost huge weight and KEPT IT OFF! why does it matter that one goes one route and another a different route. Its the media who dictates whats good and not good. I stopped Oprah because she is doing it also. And she looks heavy to me. Now I know TV adds weight but now she has a thyroid problem. I'm not knocking thyroid disease,but Stop making me feel bad. I do that enough to myself already. I just turn the channel now. i am working with a therapist so hopefully stuff like this does not get in the way to my goals of keeping the weight off once I lose it.

thanks for the vent!!!

I don't get why this makes you all so upset. Who cares if other's don't give us validation for acheiving weightloss with the band or with bypass surgery. These people are in the same boat as us. They were or are also overweight but have been able to get to their goals without going these routes.. Good for them. They are an inspiration, we are an inspiration. What does it matter? Be thankful that we have the band available to help those who need it like myself. Is the band easy, hell no. You can get the band and bypass and still be a failure and not lose the weight. This is not a miracle cure. We have to do our job and work with this. Those of us that are able to lose the weight being whatever the route we take should be admired. It is a difficult road, no matter which road you take. JMO, hope I don't get anyone upset.

Michelle, your date is fast approaching, don't doubt yourself. You have probably been struggling like me for a long time and you wouldn't be doing this if you didn't want it. We are not all alike, some of us, like me, can't do it on our own. Be thankful that this band is here to help you along. It won't be easy, but it will be worth it. I have been banded since Nov. 2004 and don't regret doing it.. but believe me, there is nothing easy about losing weight with the band. This is not the easy way out..

I think it's wonderful when anyone loses weight. If someone is able to lose weight on their own, kudos to them, they deserve it, just as we do. However, it does irritate me how they imply that we are taking the easy way out. There was one lady on the show that said something along these lines, "these people did it the "old fashioned" way, they did not cheat by having surgery". Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but they clearly aren't very knowledgeable about WLS if they think it is easy. I think most of us are happy when someone loses weight, no matter how they do it. It's the insinuation that we "cheated" that upsets us. I've learned to overlook those comments, because I don't have to answer to anyone on this earth for my choices. I just wish people would research before they pass judgements on those of us that needed WLS in order to become healthier.

I However, it does irritate me how they imply that we are taking the easy way out. There was one lady on the show that said something along these lines, "these people did it the "old fashioned" way, they did not cheat by having surgery". Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but they clearly aren't very knowledgeable about WLS if they think it is easy. I think most of us are happy when someone loses weight, no matter how they do it. It's the insinuation that we "cheated" that upsets us. I've learned to overlook those comments, because I don't have to answer to anyone on this earth for my choices.

You say that you are irritated that people say we took the easy way out, and the insunation that we cheated upsets us, yet you say you overlook these comments because you don't have to answer anyone. Which one is it? I am not trying to be a butthead but your comments sort of conflict themselves.

Personally I applaud them for being able to lose the weight. It takes a superwoman to drop that kind of weight. I have been there many times. And every time I gained it all back. Maybe it will be different for them, maybe it won't. As for surgery being the easy cheaters way out, I laugh my ass off in their faces. I know how hard I have worked for this. The weight does not just fall off. Every doubter around me who thought this was the easy way out and has seen me work my ass off, deal with being stuck, pbing, full out vomiting, not being able to eat things I want, and everything else so dandy that goes along with banding, is now singing a different tune. I have what I have because I worked for it. It is enough for me to know the truth, I don't need strangers who know nothing about my life saying I am a cheater. I know that I am not.

You say that you are irritated that people say we took the easy way out, and the insunation that we cheated upsets us, yet you say you overlook these comments because you don't have to answer anyone. Which one is it? I am not trying to be a butthead but your comments sort of conflict themselves.

I can be irritated by something and not harbor anger about it. That's 2 completely different feelings, at least for me it is. I was way more sensitive to what other people thought when I first got banded and I haved learned to overlook negative comments by those who know nothing about WLS. I think the comment from the show that I was refering to was made a couple of months ago (not sure exactly). A couple of months ago, when I heard that comment, it did make me angry. That's when I realized that these people really don't have a clue as to what we go through. It still irritates me, but it's not something that consumes me, does that make sense?

I can be irritated by something and not harbor anger about it. That's 2 completely different feelings, at least for me it is. I was way more sensitive to what other people thought when I first got banded and I haved learned to overlook negative comments by those who know nothing about WLS. I think the comment from the show that I was refering to was made a couple of months ago (not sure exactly). A couple of months ago, when I heard that comment, it did make me angry. That's when I realized that these people really don't have a clue as to what we go through. It still irritates me, but it's not something that consumes me, does that make sense?

Definitely makes sense. :frown:

"Patti" lost 125# and was called a SUPERWOMAN!!!! WTF! :frown:
I say good for Patti, whoever she is. 125# is a substantial amount to lose, and she'll be that much happier for having it off. She IS a superwoman. Anyone who can lose that much weight is.

I wish that these shows would show someone who lost that kind of weight and has kept it off for any period of time and then told us how they did THAT.

I firmly believe that anyone can LOSE weight, it's the keeping it off that people have trouble with.

And, any woman who loses 125 lbs is a superwoman... all the people on this site included. :rolleyes2:

I wish that these shows would show someone who lost that kind of weight and has kept it off for any period of time and then told us how they did THAT.

I firmly believe that anyone can LOSE weight, it's the keeping it off that people have trouble with.

And, any woman who loses 125 lbs is a superwoman... all the people on this site included. :rolleyes2:

You're definitely right! I've always been able to lose weight, but I've never been able to keep it off. I've been successful at losing weight before in the past, but I always gained it all back plus more. That's why I chose the lapband.