Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

Oh MaryD, you only have a little over a week to do liquids. You can definitely do that. I was thinking this is June :thumbup: It is exciting. And I'll get another fill a couple of days before your surg.

Hello to everyone.

Well I am doing the same as before except I think after my fill yesterday I finally go RESTRICTION!

I now have 8 cc in a 9cc band. I am on liquids again and having some discomfort but hoping by tomorrow things will have settled down.

Good news is even though weight loss is only 1 pound a week average the trend is always downward. No weight gain at all. Clothes continue to get looser, I am sleeping better and all in all feeling good. Do Water exercises about 4 times a week and have added water yoga!

Ikgrub Well done. You sound like you have the sweet spot for you. One pound a week is substantial. I am only 1/2 lb per week and it is amazing how it adds up. As you know, the secret is not to get down on yourself and accept the small changes rather than wish for the large drop. Again congratulations.

Doddie63

Thanks for the encouragement. I actually went to my PC doctor on Friday and he is very happy witht the weight loss / not being to fast, with the skin tone and overall blood work. I will start B12 shots next week so that I get maximun benefit from B Vitamins into blood not into digestive system.

Have a great weekend!

K :tt2:

Doddie63

Thanks for the encouragement. I actually went to my PC doctor on Friday and he is very happy witht the weight loss / not being to fast, with the skin tone and overall blood work. I will start B12 shots next week so that I get maximun benefit from B Vitamins into blood not into digestive system.

Have a great weekend!

K :lol:

Two years ago I did a program similar to Medifast or Optifast. Lost 40 pounds in 20 weeks. I actually kept most of it off for about a year, then it began to creep up again. I will be thrilled to lose at the rate you are losing - and this time will have the band to help me keep it off as long as I follow the rules. It will be much easier to follow the rules with the band. You are doing great!:tt2:

What was some of the amounts you got in your first fills? I got 1.75cc for my first fill--I was wondering if that is about average or not enough.

Good Morning,

Karen, sounds like you are doing well. I haven't reached my sweet spot yet. Get another fill Tues. of next week. But I finally got off the sugar (mostly). DH brought in another load of sweet stuff from his cousin yesterday. Will take a lot of it to the church for the missionary to Mexico. He likes to take sweets to the kids. They don't get enough sweets for a little to hurt them :>) It doesn't seem to be calling my name.

I fanally got brave enough to get back on the scale. Have lost 2 lbs. this go round (about 6 weeks). Only time I have a problem is when I forget to chew well before I swallow. That HURTS !!!!!!!

Hi Everyone

The liquid diet is going well. I tought I would be climbing the walls, but it's not so bad. Only five more days till by banding date! Meet with the nurse yesterday for a pre-op interview,and she was very pleased with my progress. I will keep on track, becuase I must keep on track.

Hi Everyone

The liquid diet is going well. I tought I would be climbing the walls, but it's not so bad. Only five more days till by banding date! Meet with the nurse yesterday for a pre-op interview,and she was very pleased with my progress. I will keep on track, becuase I must keep on track.

Good luck, Karen! Your date is coming up soon and you are on your way. I like your statement, "I will keep on track, because I must keep on track." That pretty much says it, doesn't it? :thumbdown:

I am on day nine of fluids today - I am just behind you with my banding date. And you are right - it is not as bad as I thought. Those shakes really fill me up. I have even been able to go out to dinner with friends and just have my shake while they eat without dying from envy!

NSV. I may be losing slowly - 1/2 lb per week on average but today I got the best news ever. The doctor has taken me off my last diabetic pill - Metformin. Now I control the diabetes strickly by exercise and diet. Anyone thinking of the band or getting discouraged, hang in there. Slow weight loss adds up and the rewards are exhilerating.

Yeah Doddie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes the rewards are tangible, even if not seen. It's getting close MaryD and K. I get my next fill next Tues. carlene