Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

I am yet holding on (My Grandmother used to say that). Preparing for our family reunion in Nashville this weekend. I am doing pretty good; weight lost averages 1 pound a week. Joined the seniors aerobics class 4 weeks ago - love it.

Hello everyone, I have not been around for a while. I felt so good I went back to work. It felt good after not doing anything but work around the house. It involved a lot of travel and some physical work also. I was doing really good until I started having some light headed spells. This was not good because I was on roofs and ladders a lot. I had to come home and check in with my doctor. Found out I've lost enough that my blood pressure was real low. We are working on the meds to see if we can get is regulated again. I will check in when I can. Hope everyone has a great summer.

Gene

I don't feel restricted at all - I have only had one fill. And I still have never felt uncomfortable after eating anything.

So I'm kind of glad to be back home where I can watch, control, and record what I eat more easily.

Refresh my memory: when was your surgery? And how long ago was your fill? Is it too soon or another? My surgery was late July. I had my first fill in early September....well, maybe about the 10th. Then I had a 2nd the beginning of October and a 3rd the end of October. Then I had fairly good restriction. We went south for the winter so I didn't have another for six months. That was April. Good restriction now, but I want another "tweak", so I'm going in next week. Sounds like you need to be a little tighter. This is so much easier when restriction is right.

I'm alive and well but so busy. I went from working 1 day a week to 2 days. Have physical therapy 2 times a week and spending a lot of time at the camp grounds. We now have a permanent site at our favorite campgrounds and have been doing some landscaping there.

One of my sons lost his home in the recent floods so have been helping them sort, throw out and wash up what they salvaged. It's so sad. Did any of you see the houses fall into the lake and wash into the river in Lake Deltan? That's about 4 miles from us. Still several roads in the area washed out. I got on a sugar frenzy and can't seeem o get off the carbs. I gained 2 pounds over the weekend. Blame it on s'mores! I just can't seem to get motivated again. I guess I need to come here more often! Hope you are all doing well and getting skinny!

So sorry to hear about your son's home. That's so sad. Did they have flood insurance??

We are making our RV site permanent when we get back in the fall... well, we're taking it on a yearly rental rather than monthly. I guess that's not exactly "permanent", but we want to stay longer next winter and anything more than four months, you may as well go yearly.

WA state folks from our RV park in CA had a reunion/picnic yesterday, so I faced a few temptations myself! I had a tiny sliver of cheese cake, a small spoonful of potato salad, among other things I shouldn't have eaten!

I am yet holding on (My Grandmother used to say that). Preparing for our family reunion in Nashville this weekend. I am doing pretty good; weight lost averages 1 pound a week. Joined the seniors aerobics class 4 weeks ago - love it.

Good to hear from you. One pound a week is okay! I strive for 5# a month. If I can do that consistently, I'm on track. If not, time for a fill!!

Hello everyone, I have not been around for a while. I felt so good I went back to work. It felt good after not doing anything but work around the house. It involved a lot of travel and some physical work also. I was doing really good until I started having some light headed spells. This was not good because I was on roofs and ladders a lot. I had to come home and check in with my doctor. Found out I've lost enough that my blood pressure was real low. We are working on the meds to see if we can get is regulated again. I will check in when I can. Hope everyone has a great summer.

Gene

That's GREAT NEWS!!

Isn't that a wonderful accomplishment!

Terrific NSV!!

Since surgery almost a year ago, I am down to one cholesterol Rx instead of two and my doctor just cut strength on one of my two BP meds in half. I'm pretty pleased with that, too.

Keep in touch, everyone!!

We need the support and encouragement we get from one another!

Us OLD CHICKS & GUYS have to stick together!

Hi everyone,

Sorry but I tend to post when I receive notice others are posting. Just lazy. I had a third fill, but still no real restriction that I can tell. I had only lost 2 pounds in 6 weeks, of watching intake and exercise. Somewhat discouraging, but at least the trend is in the right direction. If there is a secret to this let me know.

Have a great week!

I have been fighting with myself as to whether or not I need a fill. I had some stress the past few weeks and vomited at least 6 times. Always at dinner I am the most restricted. However, I continue to lose .75 lbs per week on average. Just don't know what to do.

Hi Y'all,

Nothing has changed for me, that's one reason I don't post regularly. I'm going to the support group meeting tonight at 7:00PM and am hoping I find out if CMMC has been "OKed" by Medicare for the "Seal of Excellent s" or at least how close their getting. Last month they said it should not take much longer than 30 days, it's been 30 days, so here's hoping.:confused2:

After I get the go ahead, I'll be on here more often. Glad most everyone is doing good on their adventure into shrinking.

Don

I had my fifth fill a week ago Friday and man, the restriction!! I have to be so, so careful with everything! (But I KNEW I needed it because I was getting hungry all the time and hadn't lost an ounce in four weeks!)

I even take concentrated cherry juice liquid for my gout/arthritis in the morning and sometimes have issues with that~! Whoa!

All I know is that for years and years I couldn't lose an ounce to save my life--and that's exactly what my Band is doing: saving my life!! Praise the Lord!!

My surgeon told me at that visit that he's leaving the practice to go (back home for him) to New York. It's always traumatic changing doctors--he's such a great surgeon--but I always find that the new ones are easily adjusted to (and always younger than us!)

I'm glad to have found this group of my age people!!:biggrin:

I know us more "mature" folks have a more difficult time losing weight.

Exercise is harder. We're not as active as when we were younger.

Metabolism may have slowed down.

BUT.... we CAN do this!

Tomorrow I'm going to start the "Five Day Pouch Test" to see if I can get a new jump start. I know it's really designed for bypass people, but it's been suggested that it can be helpful for LapBand patients who want to make a new start. You can google "Five Day Pouch Test" if you want to learn more. It's basically five days of nothing but Protein and progresses from two days of liquid Protein Drinks, then soft protein, then ground meat, more firm protein, and the last day firm protein like steak, etc.

Don, you're a trooper! Plugging along waiting for the government wheels to turn!! Hang in there! it's going to happen SOON!!

Hi Phyl,

In answer to your question above, my surgery was on May 16. My first fill (5 cc in a 14 cc band) was on June 16. I now have an appointment with my follow-up doc for July 15 and, after talking to him, he does plan to do a fill. This happens to be my birthday, so my DH and I will be going out to lunch before the appt. :-)

Phyll,

I know you posted instruction for Ticker, but for the life of me I can not remeber how to do it. Can you refresh my memory on how to cut and paste, and what exactly to cut and paste. Since I have tried to update and have not been successful!

Thanks and have a pleasant day.

K

In case Phyl doesn't see this, try going to the forums home page and scrolling down to Suggestions, feeback and Questions. Click on that then look for "howe to get a ticker in your signature". This may help you.

In case Phyl doesn't see this, try going to the forums home page and scrolling down to Suggestions, feeback and Questions. Click on that then look for "howe to get a ticker in your signature". This may help you.

Ah!! Thank you!! I'm going to bookmark that because I can never find it when someone needs it!!

I'm Don's wife Nina. I had trouble getting on but am back with my Hubb's help. I'm mostly here to support my husband. We've been listening to a David and Cindy about their Lap Band done in Mexico.

I just finished with chaper 9. Don isn't going there. It's interesting though.

Nina

Good Afternoon, I've not been being good. My DD's brought in sweet stuff after cleaning out the church refridge while waiting for their younguns' to get out of session :scared2:. (We had a 'family meeting' a coupla weeks ago and all the sweet stuff was left in the fridge.)

DH is leaving off the sweets, but his BS is still up. I need to learn to cook without so many startches and use whole grains and leave off using up the stuff we have on hand.

I'm not pleased with me at all. I need to just tell the grands they can eat the sweet stuff at home, that gramma and grampa don't need it in the house.

Also, I don't yet have enough restriction. Very little, it seems. I know, tho, that I must leave the sugar alone, restriction, or not. Have another fill coming up in early August.

Hope to be back sooner next time,

carlene