Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my insurance verbal approval today! I made my appointment with the Dr. for tuesday. OMG could i do this is month? I am so nervous that my hands my sweating.

[[[[sCREAM]]]]

I am doing a happy dance!

So what happens now? What do I do? Do I tell my work?

Sorry just a little freak out!

Congrats Kristin!! Now the fun begins. What does your doctor require before surgery? I had to have all types of test and had to see the dietician (sp). They set it up so I had it all done in one day. That was nice but it sure did make for one long day.

As for work, I would wait until you had your date. This way you will know what days you are going to need to take off. At first the only person I told at work was my boss. I thought about telling him that I was going to have my gallbladder out, but decided that 1) I don't lie well, 2) I was going to need to take time off for fills and other appts, so I just told him the truth. I had my surgery done on a Wed and was back to work by Monday. Some people needed longer, some shorter time off from work.

The time is going to fly by and then you will be on the "band wagon". Congrats again.

My surgery is set for feb. 7th. i have to have an upper GI and tersts at my dr. and meet with the dietician again!

I am getting so excited, I have to start my 10 day liquid diet on Monday, so this weekend i am eating!lol

Immanuel

I also have to go to my PCP on Thursday for lots of tests. I am starting to freak. This weekend I had all my "Last" meals :-( But, I have to remind myself that it is worth it. This is why I gained the 2.2 pounds. I am really surprised that it wasn't more! lol Today i am taking pictures and will do it once a week and then try to find a morh collage on the computer I thought it would be cool. I have my upper GI this morning! Yummy!

Hope all is well witheveryone and thanks for the well wishes and support!

Yes I have been meaning to post. I got banded on 2/7/08. So i am 6 days post op. I am in alot of pain still and the left shoulder pain is miserable, but I am trucking through. I actually called the nurse today and they moved me up the food chain to mushies, cause I was have pain in my sternum.

Please tell me that this goes away and soon I will be able to eat like normal, except smaller again. I think I might be dehydrated. I feel like all I do is eat, but I am lucky if I can get 3-4 oz. down. and of course I don't want to fill up on water! but, Water sounds so good!.

Thanks for the thoughts i will keep you posted, I can't wait to start working out!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

Kristin,

Glad that your surgery went well.

As for the pain, I took gas-x strips and walked and walked and walked. If I didn't want to go outside, I walked up and down the hallway at home. Yeah, my family thought I was nuts, but it did help.

The drinking part was a tricky thing for me also at first. I didn't want to mess things. I seemed to get most of my Water in after supper. I also started my day with hot Decaf tea (counts as water). This helps relax everything and makes eating in the morning easier. Now I have hot tea all day long at work and I don't have a problem getting in my 64 oz per day.

Kristin,

Just wanted to check and see how you are doing? How are you doing on the liquid/mushie diet? When I went from liquids to mushies it was heaven. I have never in my life want cottage cheese as bad as I did while on liquids.