Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need help Alabama Bandsters....

okay, to make a long story short, the surgeon i had my surgery with doesn't

like to give fills. he thinks you are supposed to lose weight , alot of weight without them. he gave me my first fill yesterday, i am 2 months post op, and he was disgusted that he had to do it. he basically told me that i was a failure. he operates in a small town and his office runs on small minds. anyway, he wouldn't even tell me how much he put in. i asked him to and he still refused to tell me. so, i live in Montgomery, AL. i need a fill doctor that won't make you feel like crap for asking for a fill. help! i know of one in Prattville but i am waiting to see if he will do them. he is out of office for two weeks. anyone know any surgeons that will do fills close to Montgomery. like, within the 60 mile radius? your help is much appreciated. btw, i have lost 20 pounds already and it has been 7 weeks since my surgery AND I HAD NO RESTRICTION. yeah, i am really doing bad ......WHAT A MORON!!!!!!

I think you are doing great and i think your doc may need an attitude adjustment..lol... but i have a doctor in Boaz,AL but that is the only doc i know and hes probably out of your way. But no matter what he says you keep going and never feel ashamed for asking for help. That is why we went through all this is because we couldnt do it alone. I wish you all the best.

Hi SWStacey1977,

I too reside in Montgomery and am looking for a PCP to supervise my 6 month diet. I thought I'd found one, but that was a negative. I'm not originally from Montgomery, but have been living here for 10 years with no PCP. Can you help?:smile2:

That is awful!!! Why the heck is he even doing the surgery if he's not willing to do what it takes to make it successful. He's in the business for the wrong reason. I hope you find another doctor!! what an ass. I can't beleive he talked to you like that. Good luck, and don't give up!

Anniston shouldn't be too far from you, my doc is the nicest man I've ever met.. not sure if he fills other patients, but wouldn't hurt to call & ask. He has never made me feel bad for asking for a fill.

Dr. Freeman in Anniston, AL.. Freeman & Co. Bariatric.

You are doing wonderful and thankfully you have the insight to ask for help from others instead of that surgeon. Hope you get your fill and you continue on this magnificent journey.

Wishing you the best!

Dolores

Hi soontobelittle. you asked me about a doctor who could help you with your six month diet. i have one who is in montgomery who helped me and he was wonderful. his name is Ashley McIntrye. his office is located in Montgomery and his office number is 334-279-8180. he did my six month diet and did not charge me anything but the cost of my co-pay. he has done it for others as well. he perfers the lap band over the gastric bypass. he knows how to document your diet so that the insurance company will accept it. mine was approved in two days and all you have to do is see him once a month to get weighed. ask him to document diet pills, just don't take them of if he gives you a prescription, ask him to document it but don't get them filled. that is what i did. hope this helps. good luck and i know things will work out for you. :laugh:

Nothing worse than a surgeon with a god complex,the first thing I would do is make him feel stupid really I would.I would bring in all the info I could find on Lap Band and then ask him how many he had done and what was his success rate with his patients.Now if your fills are free with him just know they want be free any where else you go.Granted that is something I would have asked before he done my surgery.Then I would make sure he knew I was gonna keep coming back until I reached restriction because I did not go through all this to do it all on my own with no help from my band and if he did not like to do fills I would suggest he just get it done.I know by now he will be pissed off

but maybe a good ass kicken will be just what he needs.If that dont work ask him to refer you to a doctor who has the stomach for the job.

Hi soontobelittle. you asked me about a doctor who could help you with your six month diet. i have one who is in montgomery who helped me and he was wonderful. his name is Ashley McIntrye. his office is located in Montgomery and his office number is 334-279-8180. he did my six month diet and did not charge me anything but the cost of my co-pay. he has done it for others as well. he perfers the lap band over the gastric bypass. he knows how to document your diet so that the insurance company will accept it. mine was approved in two days and all you have to do is see him once a month to get weighed. ask him to document diet pills, just don't take them of if he gives you a prescription, ask him to document it but don't get them filled. that is what i did. hope this helps. good luck and i know things will work out for you. :biggrin:

Thank you sooooooooooooooo much swstacey1977. I really appreciate it. I'll call tomorrow.:mellow:

you are so welcome honey. I know you will do fine and just keep on with Dr. McyIntyre on the weight loss documentation. he is a busy man but so easy to talk to. he may offer you some pilss and other stuff he has to lose weight but just let him know that you have your mind set on the lapband and that you were referred to him by me, Stacey. one of his x patients that had in done last November. he will remember me. tell him you want the same exact diet documented as mine. you will really like him. very sweet man. just very busy. oh, update on my surgeon. well it has been a few months since that first fill and let me tell you. after i posted on here. i called his boss and left a message. (the owner of the surgical center). i told in detail of our visit and etc. well, the next night, my surgeon called me from HIS CELL PHONE! he acted surprised that i called and complained to him. we talked for an hour. i told him straight up how he made me feel, i told him the rules of lap band that i learned, i told him that i was doing GREAT for someone with no fill and he had no right to make me feel the way he did. he said, well sometimes Stacey, i use tough love with my patients, i said, what, tough love? first off, Dr. blank, (i won't say his name) you don't know me well enough to love me. we are not freinds nor family. and if you think that harsh words telling me i am not doing good and that i will fail will help me to lose more weight, well you are as wrong as all the people who have been in the past cause i have heard harsh words before about my weight , been called names and teased for years but guess what? IT DIDN'T HELP ME TO LOSE WEIGHT. i told him he needed to invest in a differnet method and that i was surprised that others patients had not complained before. anyway, we talked things out and now he is as nice and helpful as ever. to bad i won't see him again cause i found a doctor in Prattville to take over fills. oh and soon2blittle. Dr. Mora in Prattville. i have heard great things about him and he will do your lapband surgery. well, sorry so long. just wanted to give an update.

you are so welcome honey. I know you will do fine and just keep on with Dr. McyIntyre on the weight loss documentation. he is a busy man but so easy to talk to. he may offer you some pilss and other stuff he has to lose weight but just let him know that you have your mind set on the lapband and that you were referred to him by me, Stacey. one of his x patients that had in done last November. he will remember me. tell him you want the same exact diet documented as mine. you will really like him. very sweet man. just very busy. oh, update on my surgeon. well it has been a few months since that first fill and let me tell you. after i posted on here. i called his boss and left a message. (the owner of the surgical center). i told in detail of our visit and etc. well, the next night, my surgeon called me from HIS CELL PHONE! he acted surprised that i called and complained to him. we talked for an hour. i told him straight up how he made me feel, i told him the rules of lap band that i learned, i told him that i was doing GREAT for someone with no fill and he had no right to make me feel the way he did. he said, well sometimes Stacey, i use tough love with my patients, i said, what, tough love? first off, Dr. blank, (i won't say his name) you don't know me well enough to love me. we are not freinds nor family. and if you think that harsh words telling me i am not doing good and that i will fail will help me to lose more weight, well you are as wrong as all the people who have been in the past cause i have heard harsh words before about my weight , been called names and teased for years but guess what? IT DIDN'T HELP ME TO LOSE WEIGHT. i told him he needed to invest in a differnet method and that i was surprised that others patients had not complained before. anyway, we talked things out and now he is as nice and helpful as ever. to bad i won't see him again cause i found a doctor in Prattville to take over fills. oh and soon2blittle. Dr. Mora in Prattville. i have heard great things about him and he will do your lapband surgery. well, sorry so long. just wanted to give an update.

Thanks again swstacey1977. I made an appontment for Monday. I'm glad you finally talked to your surgeon as well as found someone who will do your fills that's closer. I may have to check Dr. Mora out. I'll keep you posted.:smile2:

hello, i am new to this site. i have not had the lapband . i have been thinking very hard about this. i have been looking for the right place to go. i alos live close to montgomery. can you le tme know who is the best. just any information will be helpful. thank-you:smile2:

okay, to make a long story short, the surgeon i had my surgery with doesn't

like to give fills. he thinks you are supposed to lose weight , alot of weight without them. he gave me my first fill yesterday, i am 2 months post op, and he was disgusted that he had to do it. he basically told me that i was a failure. he operates in a small town and his office runs on small minds. anyway, he wouldn't even tell me how much he put in. i asked him to and he still refused to tell me. so, i live in Montgomery, AL. i need a fill doctor that won't make you feel like crap for asking for a fill. help! i know of one in Prattville but i am waiting to see if he will do them. he is out of office for two weeks. anyone know any surgeons that will do fills close to Montgomery. like, within the 60 mile radius? your help is much appreciated. btw, i have lost 20 pounds already and it has been 7 weeks since my surgery AND I HAD NO RESTRICTION. yeah, i am really doing bad ......WHAT A MORON!!!!!!