Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spicy Food

SURE YOU CAN EAT SPICEY food IT,S NOT THE SPICES BUT THE AMOUNT OF FOOD YOU EAT, ALTHOUGH SPICEY FOOD MAY MAKE YOU HAVE A SLIGHTLY LESS TOLERANCE, JUST TRY IT AND SEE OK XX

I've actually found I eat more spicy foods now than I did pre band. Don't know if it is due to the fact I am eating less so I want more taste or what, but I eat more spice now.

I've always loved spicey foods. I've found though that when I eat, for instance, picante flavored Pork rinds and as it sits in my pouch before going down it tends to irritate my stomach giving me a stomachache and a feeling of wanting to puke. I finally figured out (after a few times) that perhaps it's the spiciness that is causing the irritation. Everyone is different though ... just have to find what works (and doesn't work) for you! :pray2:

I can eat things like barbequed ribs (with Sweet Baby Ray's Sauce!) but I make a Buffalo chicken Dip for get-togethers that tears me up!

And the first time I had fish (which I'm not crazy about) I slathered on the cocktail sauce and took a big bite------------that was the last time I will EVER have cocktail sauce!!! It burned the whole way down! Well, my calories weren't up that day!!! :lol:

I've always loved spicey foods. I've found though that when I eat, for instance, picante flavored Pork rinds and as it sits in my pouch before going down it tends to irritate my stomach giving me a stomachache and a feeling of wanting to puke. I finally figured out (after a few times) that perhaps it's the spiciness that is causing the irritation. Everyone is different though ... just have to find what works (and doesn't work) for you! :lol:

Blooeyes

I find that pork rinds period just sit in your tummy - I can eat about 3 and am stuffed - so i bet if you are eating the chili ones the chili would irratate yout tummy.

I cook with jalpenos - no problems - I eat salsa no problems

It's so diff for everyone... Try it you might like it.. (mikey quote :seeya:)

I've always loved spicey foods. I've found though that when I eat, for instance, picante flavored Pork rinds and as it sits in my pouch before going down it tends to irritate my stomach giving me a stomachache and a feeling of wanting to puke. I finally figured out (after a few times) that perhaps it's the spiciness that is causing the irritation. Everyone is different though ... just have to find what works (and doesn't work) for you! :tongue:

Why would you eat pork rinds?!?! There is no nutritional value. They are terrible for you!

I understand that it has Protein and all that but it doesnt make it good for you. A lot of people do the Atkins diet because there are no carbs and what not. Yet how much saturated fat are you getting? What is the point of getting this surgery if you are going to have a heart attack at 50?

I understand that it has Protein and all that but it doesnt make it good for you. A lot of people do the Atkins diet because there are no carbs and what not. Yet how much saturated fat are you getting? What is the point of getting this surgery if you are going to have a heart attack at 50?

Bridget

meat is Murder??? What does this mean - are you a veggan..

Bloozeye has lost 63 lbs - she is eating healthy - she is losing weight and if she want's a couple of pork skins - so be it - You have to allow your self some wiggle room - it's not the all or nothing mentally - Just because you don't want to eat them - doesn't mean others shouldn't - a little fat isn't going to kill you..

I have to say that, pre-surgery, I could tolerate spicy foods that other people couldn't. That's saying a lot since I live in the heart of Cajun country. Mind you, we use a lot more spice that everyone else but I must admit that, althought I was OK for the first year or so, as my restriction was increased, I can no longer take much spice. It is hard to quantify "spicy," but I want to assure you that you won't really miss it that much if it causes you acid reflux a couple of times. Your tastes totally change and you'll start to enjoy and crave other things. My love of spice has been replaced by a love of eggplant, among other things. Weird stuff, but that's how it happened for me.

I too LOVE eggplant. I have discovered that grilling the long skinny Japanese eggplant is delicious. It's low in calorie and high in Iron. I also stuff a regular eggplant Italian style. The recipe is also low calorie. I LOVE it, and amazingly, my family loves it too.