Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone looking to lose 300+?

Angelyco.....OK, I said I'd spare y'all any more reading but I just had to tell you, I did the same thing you did with my minigoals....first it was to get out of the 400s, then the 300s, then the 200s and when I hit onederland, I screamed like a banshee! Now my goal is a simple one....I have no set weight at all, I just want to look in the mirror and not see the old 469 pound Becky but the Becky that won't ever have to hear again, "You have such a pretty face, if only you weren't so fat." So, hang in there and you'll be at out of those 300s before you even know it!

Wow Becky, you rock :)

Becky,

You are my new hero!! Thanks for the huge inspiration. I will think of you often when I feel I can't do this.... now I know that I CAN!! ;)

An update....I have 4 more pounds to go to have lost 300 pounds! I can't wait to do that and then lose about 40 more pounds.

Becky -

That is way too cool......happy to see you hit that 300 pound mark!!!!

I would like to hit the 300 pound + mark....at first it was just a goal....now I don't think I will have a problem doing it and would actually like to do 320....and look forward to it now!!

I have hit 184 pounds in just a few days over 10 months...and plan on hitting about 205 to 210 by the one year mark....anything over 200 and I will be very happy...I was hoping for 150 to 160 at the one year mark originally.

I figure it will take another year to get to 300. If I can do 300 in two years - that is only about 8.5 pounds per month each month for the second year...which I think is very obtainable.

I do have a question or two though, if you, or someone else can answer them for me. I am 6 feet 8 inches tall and a big frame guy. Back in 1989 I got down to 246 on my own......I was really too skinny, at least that is what everyone told me.....and I have to agree with them. That is why I think 255 to 260 is about where I want to be.

After losing 300 pounds....how much dead weight do you think you are carrying that you can't lose without removal surgery. At 184 pounds, my kids want to play with my arm flab and laugh about it....in a fun way. I notice the skin around my mid section starting to get fairly lose as well as on the inside of my thighs.

I just wonder at what point you can be where you need to be on a weight loss perspective....but still have 15....20....25....???? pounds that could be lost with Excess skin removal?

I didn't think about that too much at the beginning, but I can see now there is going to be excess....and quite a bit.

Just wondering if you are someone else can answer.....and who had just lived with it? I am sure the insurance company won't pay for it as they didn't pay for the initial surgery....and I don't know if I can fork over 10 or 12k to get some skin taken off?????

TIA for whoever can answer for me.

dab

Dab....I have so much excess skin and I'm having a really hard time dealing with that issue. I'm in the process of appealing my insurance company's decision not to cover a pannicolectomy, basically the fat apron removal. I visited with a plastic surgeon about 3 months ago and he said I had certianly lost enough to consider surgery. I'm only 5'2" and my legs are so darn short so I have a major amount of excess skin on my thighs. My arms have so much skin I could probably flap it and fly! If I could have the pannicolectomy, the thigh lift and the upper arms done, I'd feel like a million dollars. Well, I already do feel that way with my clothes on, at least. I try and focus on the amount of weight I've lost and not dwell on the "party favors" that being so overweight has given me. I'm going to fight my insurance company's decision because mine is certianly not cosmetic, it's medical. The excess skin from my stomach is causing me some major problems so hopefully they'll reverse the decision. You are a tall drink of Water for sure. At your height, you could easily carry 275-280 pounds. I'm seeing a guy that's 6'9" and he weighs about 300 and he looks pretty darn good. The excess skin is a problem and I'm having a hard time dealing with it, but all in all, it's so worth it. What a problem to have, huh? It's darn sure better than walking around weighing 469 pounds like I did. My plastic surgeon said that if I could have the 3 surgeries that I need, it would amount to about 35 pounds of excess skin they could remove. That would put me only about 10 pounds from the perfect weight for my height. I'm just hoping that some way or another, I can get the surgery done. If not, I'm just going to be thankful that I've done as well as I have! Good luck, Dab!

Thanks for the reply. I, too, kind of look at it as the "sizzle" and not the "steak". I am afraid that I am going to have an apron that hangs down a ways too....and the thighs are starting already and the arms like was said before...but I am much healthier and get around so much better.

I was at the duck club today and jumped up on a farm implement like I hadn't done in 25 years. I had to look back down at the ground and think...wow...that was an easy jump up here. I still have 100 or so to go to get where I think I will be without having the skin surgery....so I am not as close as you are.

One thing I did notice and saw a doc about Thursday is now that I have lost so much weight in my legs...I have some rope vericose veins. They did a doppler scan and the circulation is bad enough that insurance sure pick up the tab...so I go back next week and they are going to start the process and laser treat after the insurance company agrees.....that will be as much to me as the inner thigh excess skin....I have these rope veins on the back of my knee area on the left leg and one on the oustide thigh of my right leg that are really noticeable in shorts.

Getting skinny is hard work damnit....one think leads to another ;)

Happy Saturday.

Becky, I hope you're able to get approval for plastic surgery. Insurance companies don't realize it doesn't just stop with weight loss. My best friend had to have pannicolectomy and it took her 2 years to get them to approve it, after many denials. She lost around 300lbs after having gastric bypass.

Hang in there! Make em pay, you deserve it!

I don't have over 300 to lose but I started at needing to lose 249... I started at 419 pounds and I am on a 6 month diet for insurance. I just finished month 3 and at that weigh in (July 21st) I was down to 398.5. My goal is 170 lbs at the end and now I need to lose 228.5. Though I would like to get down to 150. We will see what happens. I'm supposed to get banded in November.

Yes sir, I'm with you

I started this process just over 500 lbs at 507.

After pre op diet I was 491, now 7 days post op I haven't a clue.

Not planning on weighing myself through the up and down liquid to mushy to reg food stage. I'll keep myself sane, eat as good as I can and check my weight after one month :-)

Very happy to meet others in a similar boat, it'll be nice to gain support and motivation from others of bigger sizes.

Thanks

It's official......I have now lost 302 pounds!!!!!!!! I hadn't weighed since last week and today, I had done it! I'm so excited that I can hardly stand myself! I couldn't wait to get back from our health clinic and tell everyone. See, us formed big folks can kick butt and take names when we put our minds to it!

It's official......I have now lost 302 pounds!!!!!!!! I hadn't weighed since last week and today, I had done it! I'm so excited that I can hardly stand myself! I couldn't wait to get back from our health clinic and tell everyone. See, us formed big folks can kick butt and take names when we put our minds to it!

very good to hear Becky, was hoping that somone would show up in that "Elite Group"

Hope to join you in the near future, you should post more about your journey here so we can read it..

Weight loss per say 3/6 months each of the past three years.

A mainstay in your diet, or how you approached eating with your band?

Any exercise plan you likely were on would be great..

Just any information to help us all reach the same, as I said, Elite Level of weight loss.

Very well done :thumbup::thumbup::cool2::scared2::thumbup::thumbup::thumbs_up::lol::thumbup::thumbs_up::)

You all rock............. I love these success stories!!! I would love to see before and after pics!! It's so awesome!! I want to get there when I Celebrate 1 year, 2 year and 3 years on my band wagon also!!

Hi all,

Not only did I start with 200+ pounds to lose, but I started with 300+ pounds to lose. Yikes! :) Even when I meet that goal my BMI will still place me just shy of being Morbidly Obese, but still Obese. Maybe when I reach my goal I'll re-evalute from there.

Although I've had good success so far I still get down on myself when I don't follow the Bandster rules so well. I've hit a couple plateaus, but thankfully am moving downwards again. I haven't started exercising regularly yet -- hopefully soon.

Anyone else in the same boat as me? I'd love to hear of your success and achievements as well...

Cascavel

Hi! I am amazed at your weight loss and commitment. I have a friend who is 700 pounds and feels that he won't be able to be banded. I'm sure someone somewhere will do it and that he'll have a very quick initial weight loss which has got to be encouraging! I'm going to show him your post. Thanks for being on here! Hyacinth, Ontario