Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jan 17th??

Hello everyone! I am so excited that I found this group. I am having surgery on the 17th, and I am getting more nervous as the day gets closer. I would love to join the New Year's Knock-Outs!! It is really great to hear how others are doing.

Hi L.A. I read your blog and I just have to tell you that you can totally do the couch to 5K thing. I did it about 3 years ago. It was really hard in the beginning, but it gets easier. I ran 2 5Ks. The 1st one I had to stop to walk 3 times, but the 2nd one I ran the whole way. It was awesome. I stopped faithfully running when we moved and the routine was messed up (or any other of about 100 excuses). Now I am kicking myself!! Anyway....you can do it!

Welcome. I'm getting banded on the 17th too. Cannot believe it's less than two days away! Feeling a mixture of excitement and nerves and dreading the after effects of the anesthetic...I had an appendectomy a year ago and was very nauseous. I've made my broth and my delicious squash Soup for the liquid stage and shopped for two weeks of groceries so I guess I'm ready. Excited to get on the band wagon!

L.A. just read your thread about your quick freak out. Glad you are feeling good about the surgery again. Everyone who responded seemed to have gone through the same feelings and have no regrets. Just think, in one year it will be us who would have lost lots of weight, telling a January 2009 bandster to go for it!

I am getting banded on the 17th as well! Congratulations to all of you for being able to experience this new adventure! I'm sure you guys are just as nervous and excited as I am. I know I'm just ready to start the rest of my life, I'm ready for the challenges and changes. But I gotta be honest this waiting is about to kill me! It's less than 2 days...but I'm ready to get it over with already! Good luck to everyone else!!! :cool:

How did it go for everyone yesterday?? My procedure went ok...but followed by nausea and dry heaves - not fun! Still pretty uncomfortable, but I'm hoping that should get better over the next couple days. I hope everything went well for all of you!

Hi everyone~

I'm a 17th as well.....I'd love to stay in touch and compare progress along the way to our goals. We're all pretty close in BMI and amount of weight that we'd like to loose. I have another thread that I started this morning....feeling pretty sore this afternoon....port area mostly. Just sipping crystal light lemonade and water....walking aournd my house and napping. How about you?

I feel like a truck hit me from both sides! The gas is horrendous, my tummy is very bloated. No dry heaves thank goodness. I just feel so sore. How is everyone doing?

Hey my fellow 17 bandsters. I am doing pretty good. Pain is pretty much not there, just discomfort. Had issues with my port incision bleeding pretty bad first day out, but surgeon took care of that for me.

Gas pain and throat pain were the pits the first two days. Today I am feeling excellent. Throat pain is gone and gas pain is more just bloaty than anything. No more sharp pains in the shoulder.

HEY HEY HEY !! ITS DONE!! YEPPIE !! The 17th flew by, I didn't have any problems with nausea. A little light headed but that passes quickly. I got up and walked that evening and again that night. Lots of soreness, some little pain at the puncture areas, but today that's a whole bunch better. I was given a binder to wear, with high BMI, Dr. Rumbaut suggested it, to help with Fluid that accumilated in the tissue area around the port. Accually it fills pretty good to wear. Bending over seem to be the challenge at this moment! LOL Dear friend earned her gold star for being my baby sitter during the stay.. I'm glad that is behind.. No restriction feeling, but it doesn't take much to fill full. doing the one cup drinking or meal as instructed.. sipping on fluids.

Arrived in Monterrey on Wednesday at noon, was delayed due to fog, panic set in, but made calls and was assured they would wait on me, regardless the time I arrived. The taxi drive was wild!! They have one rule: "GO" !! LOL... was dehydrated at the office, which they recognized very quickly.. did all the test quickly and then sat me down with liquids.. I didn't get a chance for fuilds while waiting to land and nothing for 4 hours before testing, which had passed 5 hours prior!! flights were early am, so by the time I got to the office late afternoon, I was pretty much walking on air.. LOL The staff was wonderful..

The hospital was beautiful, staff great. I stayed at the Hampton Inn, very nice and safe... I can't say enough about how great everything went.. I'm ready for whats next.. !! oh! I've gotten another 10pounds off.. !! WOOHOOOOOO !!!

I'm glad to hear everybody's surgery went well! I didn't have that many problems with gas, just a generally uncomfortable feeling. I still feel kinda icky. I think the thing that bothers me the most is a "pulling" sensation in my stomach (not the port) when I am walking. When I bend forward too far or go to sit down or stand up sometimes it will make a "popping" feeling, like the stitches are comming undone. Does anyone else have this? The only thing I've found to relieve it is to support my stomach from underneath with my hands when walking, sitting, or standing. Does anyone know if this is normal, and how long it will last?

Thanks!