Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just wanted to let you guys know, my nutritionist from Dr. Steinberg's office came and did a lecture on how important the Omega 3 oils were and you could them from eggs, etc. and she suggested the Coromega Fish Oil which comes in the little ketchup packets....I absolutely hate a fishy taste, but I was surprised...the pudding packs (orange)...it's the only type I have tried tastes just like an orange creamsicle.....I swear it has no after taste and you would never, never know it was fish oil. I have taken it every day since I have been banded.....and believe me, if it had any hint of a fish taste, I would not take it. I get mine at GNC in a box of 90....with my 20% discount card, I end up paying $26.00.....thanks

Lori Ann--what is the name of this product on the GNC website or are you buying only in the store? I have the capsules but they are large and I just got another fill--I don't think I'll be able to get them down at all! Thanks for your help!

Amy

I found a liquid that is not too bad. It is Nordic Naturals ARCTIC COD LIVER OIL Omega-3 Supplement in strawberry and PEACH flavors, maybe more. The only thing is you need something to chase the after effects of the oil close by. It's not really that bad.

If your hair is falling out, everyone says to take Biotin. That's what I started taking and it definitely worked. Those pills are smallish, slender and easy to get down.

A pleasant alternative to fish oil is Udo's Oil Blend which I use on my salads, drizzle on veggies and add to my oatmeal every morning.

from the website: Udo's Choice Perfected (Ultimate) 3, 6, 9 Oil Blend is a certified organic blend of guaranteed GMO-free, unrefined edible oils. This unique blend delivers a reliable source of the n-3 and n-6 essential fatty acids that are essential to life. Based on 15 years of practical experience with fats and oils, this formula is a 2:1:1 ratio of n-3: n-6: n-9, a combination most therapeutic for the n-3-deficient, n-6-rich diets, as well as 'low' and 'no' fat diets, common today. The Perfected Oil Blend includes oils from fresh flax, sesame and sunflower seeds, as well as oils from evening primrose, rice germ and oat germ.

I buy it from Netrition.com - The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore! where it costs almost half of what it might cost elsewhere.

Suebaby,

Where did you find them? What is the name?

Suebaby,

Where did you find them? What is the name?

Mason natural No Burp Omega-3 Fish oil

I ordered mine off of Amazon

but I just found this site on line

http://www.omegapure.com/

This site says they dissolve within 10 minutes ?!?

Do I need a disclaimer stating i do not work for said companies or promote said items blah blah blah :smile:

I found some "No burp" fish oil pills from walgreens a couple weeks ago. They have a weird coating on them, and they're suppose to dissolve in your intestines instead of your stomach so you don't have burps. Well, we all know how the band works.. for 3 days I was burp free, on day 4 the pill must have hung around a little while longer and I was burping fish.. ick.

I use L'il Critters Omega-3 Gummy Fish. I get them from Target but I'm sure Walmart would have them too. They are my indulgence for the day. I think they taste very good. I just take 4 instead of 2. They are in the children's Vitamin section.:smile:

I know this is an old thread, so I may not get a reply, but I'm gonna try.

I was recently banded, and I have always taken Omega 3's for foot pain. I have a huge, expensive bottle of pharmaceutical grade fish oil gelcaps that I can't take because they are too big.

Does anyone know if it will work if I puncture the gelcap and put the liquid into pudding or something? I know it may taste horrible, but I don't want to waste the $$.

Also, there are liquid fish oil packets from a company called Coromega that taste pretty good. Not fishy at all! They come in packets about the size of a ketchup packet and they have 3 flavors (lemon-lime, orange, and chocolate-orange). I got a sample from my PCP and decided to order them. I just ordered from the website, but I think some stores carry it too. There is a list on their website of stores that sell it. I got a 90 pack and it was close to $40.

I'd love to take it but the capsules are too big, the liquid is too stinky, and I really can't bring myself to try the fish in a pudding thing. Gahhh...

For the above poster and anyone interested in taking fish oil. I don't know what brand of liquid you tried, but I found Twin Labs Emulsified Fish Oil to be quite acceptable (once you get past the visual of it looking like milk of magnesia). It is mercury/lead/pcb free, mint flavored, and one tablespoon gives you 1600 Omega 3s. I had been taking gelcaps before surgery, and was looking for an alternative. It was $13.00 in a Healthy Options store, but I went to Twin Labs site and found vitacost.com who sells it for less than $7.00 a bottle. I believe it is 24 servings per bottle. I ordered several bottles and put on auto ship. Any size order is $4.99 shipping. I get Twin Labs Calcium Citrate with Magnesium and D chewables there as well. $18 in the store, less than $8.00 at vitacost. You can search by brand names and you have to wade through a few levels of Twin Lab products to find the fish oil, but it is there. I highly recommend it.

I was taking for arthritis in my knees and for the cardiovascular benefits, so I didn't want to stop. I had my first bloodwork recently and was able to stop cholesterol meds (at least for 6 mos until I do more bloodwork) for the first time in 20 years.

Edited by PATCHELTON