Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

'Skinny Bitch' Revolution!

ok so. im blonde, ill just put that out there!! but im allowed to have fruit... right?? i really want to do this with you guys, im pretty sure i could do the vegan thing because i dont really eat dairy anyways, but ill start vegitarian. So that means i can eat anything that didnt have a heartbeat right???

did i mention i was blonde?? Lol

A Vegetarian does not eat anything with a face. Which is why they can still drink milk, eat cheese, eggs... Mostly because these things didn't kill the animal... unless you count chicken embryos as living, therefor now dead... Hmmm...

Lauren, if you eat everything but the flesh of an animal you can call yourself a vegetarian.

It is a lot harder than you might think. Especially if you decided to go vegan. There is dairy and eggs hidden in a shit ton of foods. I would definitely recommend reading up on it and talking to your nutritionist to make sure you are getting adequate amounts of nutriants.

I fuond frozen waffles that are VEGAN and gluten free, if anyone cares.. Got them at Target, for under $2. 6 waffles.

Brand is Vans All Natural. (Welcome to Van's Foods. Home of Van's Gourmet Waffles, Belgian Waffles, Blueberry Waffles and much more.) Says " Wheat Free" and "original" really big on the front. They are free of trans fat, cholesterol, eggs and dairy.

Per 2 Waffles: 189 calories, 5 gm fat, 390 sodium, 23 carbs, 5 Fiber, 4 Protein.

Just thought I'd share.

Also, have you ever read the ingredients to the Boca, MorningStar, or gardenBurger varieties of 'burgers' and their other products?? MANY of them include eggs and dairy.

oh, just checked out the website - they also have a line or organic waffles that seems to be vegan as well... Target didn't have those!

Lol BG. I was amazed to find vegan waffles. I haven't tried them yet, cause I'm doing a 2 day 'say no to carbs' challenge (except fruit!) But I plan on having one in the morning!

LOL.. the title of this thread caught my attention! More power to you guys!!!!!

Don't think I could EVER stick to a vegitarian diet though...... I would like to read the book though!

BG: YOU ARE KICKING ASS!

This is a book I'd be really interested in reading but someone mentioned they talk about slaughter houses. I just can't read that stuff, it makes me sick. Is it a single chapter that I can avoid or is it discussed throughout the book?

Also, have you ever read the ingredients to the Boca, MorningStar, or gardenBurger varieties of 'burgers' and their other products?? MANY of them include eggs and dairy.

Boca, Morning Star, and Gardenburgers don't claim to be vegan, do they? Don't they just claim to be vegetarian?

Morning Star buffalo wings are pretty good with honey to cut the heat. They are a bit too spicy for me.

Hey Wasa. Yeah, I know that they don't claim to be Vegan, I was just surprized about it, and figured I'd post it in case anyone else wanted to know. :cool:

As for teh slaughter houses, I think it is just one short chapter. They didn't dwell on it too long at all... and good thing too cause I don't think I could have handled it. I even skipped a paragraph or two the first time through, but when I skimmed the book a few days ago, I did read it. So sad...

Hey Wasa. Yeah, I know that they don't claim to be Vegan, I was just surprized about it, and figured I'd post it in case anyone else wanted to know. :cool:

As for teh slaughter houses, I think it is just one short chapter. They didn't dwell on it too long at all... and good thing too cause I don't think I could have handled it. I even skipped a paragraph or two the first time through, but when I skimmed the book a few days ago, I did read it. So sad...

Great, sounds like an interesting read without the slaughter house part. I really want to go back to veggie ways, I can't stand chewing meat to a liquid anyway, it's disgusting.

Thanks!

Many of the vegans I know, don't know how to combine food properly and look ashen and weak. They are also anemic. Please mention the importance of food combining.

WasA I believe the chapter is called "The Rotting Festering Flesh Diet" or something like that. You probably want to skip that one. It is a bit graphic, though no where near as bad as the Peta "Meet Your Meat" video.

ZZ I found the waffles at Meijer here. I bought the Blueberry and the Maple flavored ones. I will let you know tomorrow how they are. Since I have been away from the sugar and aartificial stuff for awhile everything has been tasting pretty good to me. I must admit that I splurged today on some organic dairy free oreo knock offs that were fucking fabulous.

I have to say I am enjoying this Vegan thing a bit. I have been eating all the time and not counting calories and the weight is coming off. It finally seemed to break my plateau.