Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am two weeks out of surgery and realize I should have taken last week off from work. While I am feeling better surgery wise, I have a damn cold that I know I got from coming to work last week.

I know what you mean about being unable to burp. I sooo need to do it, but it gets stuck. I also got the hiccups a few times.

Okay, let see.

I had surgery 9 days ago. I went back to work on Monday. I work 10 hour shifts, I couldn't quite make it for the 10 so I'm gonna work 8's this week. I went to my surgeons office yesterday for my 1 week followup. I was glued so I'm able to pick most of the glue off my incisions. They are all pretty red and a couple of them still hurt a little. I had lost 15 pounds since surgery when they weighed me at the doc yesterday. I'm still having cramping in my chest area. My port area still hurts like a mother especially when I sneeze. I need to burp all the time, but can't (only teeny, tiny burps come out). Overall I feel great, I think that I made the right decision. I have no regrets. Oh and I would mind if I never had to drink broth again:biggrin:

if you feel like someone was sitting on your chest you need to go to your doctor...

I have been a nurse for 26 years and a paramedic for 10.....go see a doctor if you have any questions or worries about your chest pain.....I had some as well but It was terrible gas pain that moved upward toward my left shoulder...it was very uncomfortable for several days and very sharp....exercising my shoulder helped....hope you feel better.........Julie

Oh my god, I had (still sort of have) that terrible shoulder pain! My doctor didn't say it was gas... could it have been? My doc though that it was from the muscle spasms/clenching/everything you get with anesthesia. My shoulder is JUST starting to calm down - at times it was worse than my port pain!

I'm really starting to worry about my incisions. My port incision is okay, but all the others that are small are really weird. I literally have 4 holes in my stomach. I don't know if the glue didn't hold them shut like it should have or what. My take home instructions said I could start flaking off the glue on Monday. The first one that I did left a hole, probably only about an eighth of an inch deep but a hole nonetheless. This really worries me that the glue should have held them shut and didn't. I wasn't supposed to put anything on them for 2 weeks, but I started tonight. I peroxided them and tried to get as much of the glue off as possible then filled them in with antibiotic ointment. They look REALLY GROSS! They have been red ringed since the surgery, but now they are tender and one even has a little discharge that comes out (very little).

I'm afraid my doc might have screwed up the underlying stitches or something?!

Years ago I had an appendectomy and had an infection. They split me back open and made me heal with an open wound. I just treated it the same as I did that wound.

Has anyone else had this problem.

I had a few gaping holes (5) after a few days....cleaned them out and put steri strips over them.....pulling the skin tight so the incisions closed up. I also put some "new skin" glue over that. I am having really good results. In just a few days you can almost not even see the incision sites. Even my Doctor said they look really good (even with my diabetes which makes healing a little bit slow). Make sure your incisions are not infected and if you are concerned at all please ask you doctor. Hope all goes well.

How did you clean them? I have a feeling that all the yuckiness is the surgical glue. I'm having a really hard time getting it out of there! I'm cleaning the incisions with peroxide twice a day, I won't do that anymore after I get a good scab on them but right now its still gunky.

ae you there? i was banded in dec 19 and i am having so many shouldr pain did have have that too? hey also i am feeling so said that i see everyone eating and i can't do you fell the same way?

seajules - that worries me a lot!! do NOT put the new skin over your incisions!! they are better off with air, and the newskin is ok for a scrape but not for big wounds let alone surgical punches!! :-

Was banded on 1/14. Experienced severe nausea until today. So bad that I was going to take myself to the ER. First my MD said this was normal. Then said this may be a sign of slippage but because of the MLK holiday, cannot get an upper GI until Tuesday. Today was the first day that I have not been overwhelmed with nausea. Hopefully my MD'sw initial theory was correct. I certainly do not want to face another surgery at this time to correct a slippage. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Crackedpapper................don't worry, it was with my MDs approval and my incisions were closed up enough. They are completely closed today and there is no signs or symptoms of infection. That is one good thing working in the neonatal ICU..soooo many docotrs to pick their brains and get a daily check up. I have been a nurse for 28 years and a paramedic for 10 and I won't do anything without talking to my doctor first.............Now if I can just get a handle on the food as wellllll.:girl_hug:

Hi All

The gas after the surgery hurt the most I took some gas-x and I started to past the gas. I too had the pain in my chest I drink hot tea and it moved it. I don't know if this has happen to any one but I stretched one morning and a very sharp pain in my lower abdomen that hurt for 7 days when I walk the doctor said I must have pulled a muscle, it has stopped hurting now. So be very careful how you move around after surgery.

Banded 1/7/08 lost 27lbs so far:rolleyes2: