Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers Unite!

If you can eat pizza, you need a fill. I could eat pizza before I had my last fill. There is no way I can eat it now. The last time I tried, I spent 2 hours

throwing up and trying to get unstuck.

Thanks Denise. I exercise 2 or 3 times a week. I will cut calories to see if that works. Probably I am not a slow loser as to get in here, instead I reached a plateau. I got my fill one month after the original schedule. (and that month was December...)

One fill is usually not enough for most people. There is a lot of info on the forum about how fills work, it might help to read a lot of them to understand the process. Until and unless you have good restriction it will be possible for you to eat more than you should and during that time old fashioned willpower and dieting is needed to avoid weight gain.

Counting calories, tracking Protein intake and reducing carbs is the key.

Exercise and Water will boost the above effort.

Hi slow losers! I have enjoyed reading your thread. I was banded 11/06 and have only lost 46 pounds so far. Most of that came off the first 6 months and it has been a fight to get the rest off since. I am now starting to add in exercise so maybe I can get up to a pound lost every couple of weeks...I can hope.

Thanks shortgal, I do feel restriction right now with a bit more than 1/2 cup liquid, so I believe I am ok. I will begin to again track everything down.

Hey girls, I think I broke my pinky! I was at my son's basketball game last night and was sitting on the stairs. I got up and started walking down them and my ankle gave out and I fell (my bones are soft due to prednisone. And I'm sure my weight doesn't help either!) Anyway, I landed some strange way on my pinky and it swelled up. I thought just to ice it and it would be fine in the morning but now it's very swollen and numb and black and blue. I know they can't do anything for a broken finger but maybe a splint so I'll just keep applying ice. Do you all think I should go to the Dr.? :rolleyes2:

NJ, I suggest you go to the doctor. May be it is not broken but displaced and you can have it fixed. Good luck!

Thanks ladies! I went to the doctor and it's not broken. It's a "contusion". That's a fancy name for badly bruised! It's soooooooo swollen and it's still numb but he said for me to just keep ice on it and motrin for the pain. Guess I should get to it, huh? LOL! I had so much damn housework to do I haven't had a chance to ice it and elevate it.

Badonk, do they really do that? OUCH!!! :rolleyes2:

Slow looser here, I was banded in August of 07 and I am only down 22 lbs. I have had 3 fills so far (for a total of 4.0cc's) but still no restriction. I have given up most carbs (especially the white processed stuffed) I go to the gym 3 - 4 days per week . . . . . . grrrrrrrr

you think i could eat pizza, byrger and steak, slowly of course

the one thing that always fails me is chicken, eggs and sometimes toast

otherwise i eat everything else

i have been filled 2 or 3 times since august and it seems like it has always been like this....i'm so depressed

Upset, why then take it against you?. Drink Water or diet soda instead of eating... take a shower, anything. do not hurt you. You know, you have a long road ahead, nevertheless, start today just thinking you are on your way to get in it. It is really nice to lose weight. It is. You will do things you used to do... You are free to choose your way.

Hey Guys: The band is not a magic wand. You have to still work at loosing weight . The band is only there to help you with your appetite and the amount of food you consume. You have to decide not to consume fattening stuff, you have to decide to exercise. If you are depressed and not loosing weight and you have had your band checked for defects and all is OK, then you have to look at your head hunger and how it is controlling you.

I am a slow looser because I chose to be one. I don't faithfully exercise as I hate it but I don't keep a tight fill. I am afraid of tight fills because of all the problems they cause. The loose allows me to eat most everything but no more than a cup or 3 oz of Protein and 1/2 cup of veggies. As a result, I am only loosing .85 lbs per week. My point of all of this is "if you are not loosing weight look to yourself, not the band". Doddie