Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers Unite!

Denise: How long was the flight? I'm flying soon (short flight) and a little worried about that. Altho' right now I'm not that tight anyway, but I'll get more fills before the flight.

And I have a long flight the end of April.

Hi Atthiner: So sorry you have to see and arrange for your father's future care. Everyone's scales are different. I have a digital upstairs and the one downstairs is exactly 10 lbs lighter and my doctor is 10 lbs heavier and my surgeons is 5 lbs. So I use my scale as he official one as I love to weigh daily but Saturday is my "official" day.

You have enough on your plate without worrying about weighing in. Just practice your good habits acquired over time, follow the instructions on eating. Focus on those things until you get home again. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Keep posting and we will try to give you the support you need.

Doddie

I was banded in July 07 and have only lost 35lbs. I have had 2 fills. Currently, I can eat a big salad, bowl of Soup and keep going with my yogurt or whatever! When I'm bad, Cookies go down fine. I am not doing that often though. Anyways, I know I need to exercise. I do ok for a while and then do poorly again for a few weeks. I called to ask for a fill and the nurse said, "Well, 2 questions first: Are you eating the right foods? Well, not all the time. Are you exercising? Well, not all the time. The answer then was: Well, you need to do these things and if you are not losing 1-2 lbs a week then you should have a fill." Ugghhh. This feels like I have to rely on will power again! Am I suppose to be able to eat this much?? And I am hungry between Breakfast and lunch, lunch and dinner. I am eating peanuts to help kill the hunger. Do I just call and schedule another fill? I'm self pay too. So I don't want to "waste" $250 for a "little" fill either. Can anyone help me with this?? Thanks, Tammy :)

Tammy: You are experiencing what I think we all do. Once the novelty of the band wears off, we start to revert back to making poor choices. You don't have to be hungry. Just don't choose peanuts a good Protein but high in calories. You should be eating protein every 4 hours. So pick a Protein Drink or have a cracker with some low fat cheese, yogurt with frozen berries. You know the choices you should be making and the nurse was correct to remind you. We all need checking up once in awhile. Also, measure for awhile. your total meal should never be more than 6 -8 ounces. 3 oz of protein and veggies the rest. Not soft foods but foods you have to chew, chew, chew so the thought of eating more turns you off. Good luck Doddie

Tammy, I forgot to say that Protein turns to energy and muscle whereas salads such as lettuce, and other veggies turn to sugar and carbs which makes you hungry. Protein is the nutrient that satisfies the most. Doddie

I can tell you one thing though, flying really screwed up my band. I was so tight for the first 2 days here, I was miserable. I have heard that flying can tighten the band.

Denise,

Thanks for posting this about the band and flying. It is good to know that it could feel that way. We are going to Las Vegas this year.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I weighed in this morning and was down another 1.4. I have walked at least 3 miles a day for the past 3 weeks. It is amazing that the scale doesn't move where you want!! We are getting some cold weather here but I have to keep my exercise going. I also go for a fill on Tuesday. Hoping that will help the hunger!!

I agree with you Doddie, "the thought of eating more turns you off". I'm getting to that stage. tonight, I only picked at my supper, then put the plate in the floor for the dog to finish off. That is a RARITY. But, things keep getting hung up because I try to eat too fast and don't chew small enough, and its making me choose not to eat rather than to fight with trying to gorge myself like I have gotten so used to over the years. Hopefully this will continue. After all, that's why I had surgery in the first place.

Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing well!

I know my wedding is 5 months away, but I am so worried about being FAT at my wedding! I fear that I will not be able to lose the weight I want to lose by then. My goal is to lose 50 pounds before the wedding. Is that unrealistic? I guess things will be easier once I get another fill. I haven't had one since October 2007! I couldn't get in for one and their next appointment was in March. They say I should only come in once every three months. Do you think I need more often? I just want to lose this weight before the wedding. I fear I will be so unhappy with pictures and so on if I don't lose. I am not exercising at the moment so I know that's a problem. I need to be more active. Also, my eating habits are so bad. I need to get myself back on track and I know what I need to do I just can't get revved up to do it. I'm an "all or nothing" type of person so whenever I "screw up" I feel like what's the point.

Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing well!

I know my wedding is 5 months away, but I am so worried about being FAT at my wedding! I fear that I will not be able to lose the weight I want to lose by then. My goal is to lose 50 pounds before the wedding. Is that unrealistic? I guess things will be easier once I get another fill. I haven't had one since October 2007! I couldn't get in for one and their next appointment was in March. They say I should only come in once every three months. Do you think I need more often? I just want to lose this weight before the wedding. I fear I will be so unhappy with pictures and so on if I don't lose. I am not exercising at the moment so I know that's a problem. I need to be more active. Also, my eating habits are so bad. I need to get myself back on track and I know what I need to do I just can't get revved up to do it. I'm an "all or nothing" type of person so whenever I "screw up" I feel like what's the point.

NJ Gal - you are more than half way to 50 lbs!! You can do it! :thumbup: I started walking around 3 weeks ago and I can feel the inches coming off. Remember too that there are NO FAT BRIDES!!! Only beautiful ones. Make yourself a goal to exercise twice a week and go from there. Add a day each week. Before you know it you will be a workout machine!!!!:smile2:

I go for my second fill tomorrow at 3PM. Was anyone nervous the second time around?? It didn't hurt just felt weird. I am really excited!! I need it.

Tammy: You are experiencing what I think we all do. Once the novelty of the band wears off, we start to revert back to making poor choices. You don't have to be hungry. Just don't choose peanuts a good Protein but high in calories. You should be eating protein every 4 hours. So pick a protein drink or have a cracker with some low fat cheese, yogurt with frozen berries. You know the choices you should be making and the nurse was correct to remind you. We all need checking up once in awhile. Also, measure for awhile. your total meal should never be more than 6 -8 ounces. 3 oz of protein and veggies the rest. Not soft foods but foods you have to chew, chew, chew so the thought of eating more turns you off. Good luck Doddie

I am so glad I logged on tonight to read that I am not alone.....

I was banded Feb 07 and I have just had my band anniversary.

I am so dissapointed that I have not lost more that I have slipped into my old eating ways and I have put 7lbs on in 2 weeks.

I am so angry with myself.

I started my weight loss journey at 269 and I am currently 223 so I should be very proud of myself but I think I should have lost a lot more and eating is obviously a way that I comfort myself!!! Go figure?

I have paid all this money and I am only letting myself down.

I am so glad I have found this thread...

uk angel. Don't get down on yourself. We all have the ups and downs. As I said above after the novelty wears off, we forget the band is a tool to help us and we start eating around it. I am a slow looser also, 0.85 lbs per week. The first thing you have to do is figure out why you are back to old habits. Then make a conscious effort to get back on track. Try the old "just for today I will walk", or "just for today I will measure my food and track what I eat". Do this and soon you will be back on the straight and narrow. Good luck. Doddie

NJ Gal - you are more than half way to 50 lbs!! You can do it! :wink2: I started walking around 3 weeks ago and I can feel the inches coming off. Remember too that there are NO FAT BRIDES!!! Only beautiful ones. Make yourself a goal to exercise twice a week and go from there. Add a day each week. Before you know it you will be a workout machine!!!!:scared2:

Thanks so much Lady! My fiancee says that I will be a beautiful bride no matter what! I guess I should feed off of those compliments shouldn't I? LOL!

As far as losing 50 pounds before the wedding, I meant that I want to lose 50 MORE pounds. So I would like to be below 200. Do you think that's realistic?

Hello ladies and gents. Can I be the poster child for this thread? Almost six months out and only 10lb down! Ouch!!!! I finally sucked it up and decided to start Weight Watchers. It's so easy to follow and it's working well for me. I suppose the "magic" of the band is that I can get full of one Lean Cusine whereas before, it was more of an appetizer.