Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers Unite!

candy: You are looking at the mother of excuse makers...me. How far is the gym. Simply starting out to walk there 1/2 way and then turn around and come home is a good start. Have stairs in your house --- walk up and down them until you are puffing and sweating. Watching TV....wiggle the toes, stand up walk around the house. I can go on and on forgever. If you want to exercise and put yourself and your health first, you will find a way.I have a friend who e mails me and kicks me in the butt (verbally) if I don't go to exercises. I have heard all the excuses and that is what it is when you don't exercise - excuses. I try to convince myself that I am too busy or will exercise in the afternoon. Amazing how I can find a way out. So no excuses, please let's hear how you find something to do. Doddie

candy - I used to watch Days of Our Lives everyday. I watched it the other day and it's amazing how the same charachters are there!! I wanted to invite them to my wedding 20 years ago because I felt they were part of the family!!

I have walked 4 or more miles a day since Monday. Guess What??? No movement on the scale!!!:tt2::sad: I am devastated. The only thing I can think of is water...it is hard to get it down now since my last fill. I am not getting in the recommended amount. I think I will weigh in once a month from now on. Any advice is appreciated.

We have a snow day here in Northern New Jersey. I am so glad to be home!!

I started out going to the gym, but found that I made every excuse in the world not to go. In the morning I have to put my preschooler on the special ed. bus, so I have to be dressed and standing outside anyway. I have no excuse than to just start walking as soon as that bus pulls away. It has created a nice workout schedule that I can't make excuses for. I have to go out or Liam doesn't get to go to school. It's great accountability!

I'm doing well since my second fill, I have lost 4 lbs. in three weeks!! I thought I'd NEVER start losing again. I would put a ticker tape at the bottom of my post but I just can't figure out how to get it there. I've been to the website, but then I get lost.:tt2: I'm such a moron...

My gym is 25 miles from my house ... don't think I'll be walking halfway there! and no stairs in my house. but there is a track down the street at the school. I have went there and walked before. Should go ahead and at least go back there. I would walk 1 1/2 miles on the treadmill and would do 6 laps each time I went to the track equalling the same distance. Has been too long. I need to get off my butt and go!

and, on the days of our lives thing ... I record it and watch it every day. My mom used to watch it when I was little and I got into it then. My family makes fun of the show, but I've been watching it for a LONG time. and, yes, you do get so familiar with the characters!

I started out going to the gym, but found that I made every excuse in the world not to go. In the morning I have to put my preschooler on the special ed. bus, so I have to be dressed and standing outside anyway. I have no excuse than to just start walking as soon as that bus pulls away. It has created a nice workout schedule that I can't make excuses for. I have to go out or Liam doesn't get to go to school. It's great accountability!

I'm doing well since my second fill, I have lost 4 lbs. in three weeks!! I thought I'd NEVER start losing again. I would put a ticker tape at the bottom of my post but I just can't figure out how to get it there. I've been to the website, but then I get lost.:tt2: I'm such a moron...

Hi Canary!

When my son was in preschool I had to get him on the sp. ed. bus every morning also. He's in third grade now and doing well. He's in a regular school, just some adjustments to his curriculum!

When you go to the ticker page, click on the weight loss link. Then select your ruler. You can click on the numbers for the pages to see them all. When you've chosen your ruler, click on next. Then choose your slider the same way and click on next. Then just type in a password and fill in the current weight or weight loss and goals, etc. Then click on next. Then scroll down and cut and paste the bbCode on to your signature in your profile (Just click on where it says "Edit Signature" to the right of your screen) Then save it and you should be set!:smile:

I gave up soda a long time ago. Those artificial sweeteners are no good and the soda with sugar has way too many calories. The only thing I drink is Water. I do drink high Protein hot chocolate that I buy from my doctor's office. It's delicious and has 25 grams of protein. I tried adding Protein Powder to the sugar free swiss miss but it wasn't nearly as good.

I am very happy to report that I only gained one pound while I was in Arizona. Yay band! I was really eating a lot of bad things the last couple of days because my dad stresses me out, but my meal portions were so small that I guess that evened it out.

Hi Denise! Glad to see your update... only one pound in Arizona is awesome! :smile2:

Can you tell us the name of the high protein hot chocolate that you buy from your doctor? I'd like to see if I can find it online.

Anne,

Stop reading about all the complications unless you actually have one. I was doing that for a while and it just brought me down. I haven't had any problems so I've decided not to read ab out them. Not that I'm being insensitive, I truly feel for those more unfortunate.

I am a slow loser and too have a hard time getting in all the Water, and exercise, ugh!! but I do love green tea. I also drink Decaf tea. However my coffee MUST be leaded!!! :laugh:I asked my Dr about it last Thurs at my appt. and he said that as long as I drink no more than 2 cups I should be ok. That's all I ever drink.

Your friend that is comparing you to GB, if you choose to keep her your friend, give her some information on the LB and how it works. If she is your friend, she'll read it and be more supportive. If not, then at least you tried. I think you are a brave, and strong woman opting to take such a lifechanging step to good health... YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!:blush:

As for energy, I make sure that I get my Protein, even if I have to drink a shake, that is soooo important and I also take a high potency b-12 sublingual tablet daily.

Just keep in touch and we'll all be here for each other.:smile2:

Hi Teresa! Thanks for your post and words of encouragement. How much protein do you shoot for each day?

NJ Gal, I was addicted to carbs until my last fill. This did it. I really have to eat slow and steady to get in all I need. I hope I fall into a routine and get used to this. I had tuna fish with mayo today and boy, that didn't want to go down to well either. No sliming just took forever.

Hi Jody, What is your current fill level now? I have 8 cc in the 14 cc band, and I don't think I'm quite there yet. I definitely have more restriction than before the last fill. I've also noticed that on some days I feel more restriction than others. From what I've read, I guess this happens.

The guide my Dr told me is take small bites, chew really well, eat about 1 cup of food, don't eat for longer that 20 min. and it should take about 3 hours until you are hungry again.

With more solid foods I take a few bites and then have to wait for a small burp before I can eat more. I can tell I'm full when I start to get discomfort and often I will hickup or my nose runs. Weird, huh?

Hi Band Chick, I was surprised (and relieved) when I saw where you mentioned that your doctor recommends about 1 cup of food. It seems like everything I've heard is that we're supposed to shoot for 1/2 cup of food and be satisified for 3-4 hours. I'm closer to the 1 cup mark.

Any thoughts, anyone?

I'm glad to see someone else mention getting too full affecting the nose. I have felt a tickling sensation and almost feel like I have to sneeze.

I'm REALLY curious now, as to how being full has ANYTHING to do with the sinuses??? If I eat too big of a bite or get something hung in my throat, it will do that too. My husband laughed at me when I told him it made my nose twitch.

Hi Teresa! Thanks for your post and words of encouragement. How much Protein do you shoot for each day?

The minimum is 60 grams. If I don't get that much then I'll drink a shake.< /p>

Hi Jody, What is your current fill level now? I have 8 cc in the 14 cc band, and I don't think I'm quite there yet. I definitely have more restriction than before the last fill. I've also noticed that on some days I feel more restriction than others. From what I've read, I guess this happens.

My current fill is 5.8cc in a 14cc band. It is definitely enough restriction. I am having some sliming issues once in awhile. I just can't figure it out. I think it may be the Water. I am not drinking enough. Hopefully the darn scale will move on Monday when I actually weigh in. Otherwise it goes out in the garbage!!:thumbup::angry:

That nose running or tingling in the nose is what we call the soft stop. A hard stop is when food is so stuck that you will start sliming. My soft stop is when I start to get full, I get the hick ups.

I have no idea what causes it. I notice too if I start to get food stuck, my nose will stuff up.

I don't have the box that the hot chocolate comes in. I threw it away and just kept the packages. The brand isn't on those. The brand on everything I get from my doctor's office is Proti. I can't remember how to spell it. Next time I go to support group, I will find out. I am not sure if you can buy it online. It's $10 a box which is rather expensive. I think there are 7 packages in a box. I figure I am worth it and my food bill has gone down so much since I don't eat fast food anymore, that I don't mind paying the $10

I am excited that I already lost the one lb I gained while visiting my dad, and hoping that it means the scale is going to move.

I call those of us who don't see the scale move when they think it should "chunk losers" I can go on big long plateaus. I exercise more,

drink more Water, etc, and the scale won't move. Then for no reason

what so ever, all of a sudden, in one week I will drop 5 lbs. That's the way weight loss has been for me this past year. The first month I lost

22 lbs on the liquid post op diet, and after that, it was never 2 lbs a week or one lb a week, etc. It would be nothing for a long time, then all of a sudden a big drop. weird :thumbup: