Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers Unite!

Yes cassie: You lost 21 lbs. That is terrific success. As we all know, more than likely without the band it would be a 21 lb gain. Keep on smiling and don't rush the weight loss. As long as the arrow points down be satisfied, give your self a treat like a long bubble bath, facial, etc. It is surprising how the 1/2 lbs add up after a year. Doddie

I've been back to the thrift store. I have on a new dress today that cost me $4.29. And, it really looks good on me and you can tell that I've lost 29 pounds.

So Cassie, YES, 21 pounds is great! Even though you want to lose faster, (I did too) it doesn't seem like much from week to week, but in total, just think of how many years it has been since you could say, "I lost 21 pounds". I agree with Doddie, most of the time, it is a GAIN of weight. Since I've gotten the band, at least it is going DOWN. Be proud of that 21 pounds, that is quite an accomplishment. And, 6 months from now, you will have an even greater # of pounds to be rid of. Just be patient, it may be going slow, but at least its GOING!

I should go thrift store shopping today. I have been a little depressed.

Getting good deals always cheers me up!

Congratulations on finding the dress. It's always so much fun getting something new in a smaller size.

I hear you denise... I was getting better until this past weekend. I finally broke down and treated myself to new pants last week. I thought it would help raise my spirits and maybe get me motivated to keep going, it worked, I bought a size 18, not 18W but 18. I was pretty happy about that! Wouldn't you know yesterday, as I am washing a whole load of work clothes including these pants, my drier caught fire and they are all ruined. I just can't win for losing. :purplebananna:

I hear you denise... I was getting better until this past weekend. I finally broke down and treated myself to new pants last week. I thought it would help raise my spirits and maybe get me motivated to keep going, it worked, I bought a size 18, not 18W but 18. I was pretty happy about that! Wouldn't you know yesterday, as I am washing a whole load of work clothes including these pants, my drier caught fire and they are all ruined. I just can't win for losing. :purplebananna:

Oh man! I know how frustrating buying clothes is, we hate to spend money on things that we can't wait for them to get too big, but we have places to go and need clothes. That is a bummer, for sure!

I try to get by with one or two pairs of pants and wear more casual LL Bean pull on type around the house, but I'm going on vacation and can't get by with two pairs of pants, so I have to buy a few more. I don;t want to buy more size 16's. Groan.

I hear you. My mom has two garbage bag's full of clothes for me, they are all 16's. I can fit into them and zip them but just can't wear them yet. Another 5-10lbs they will fit.....I need to drop some weight quickly so that I can get into them now.

Two bags of clothes is a great goal to get to. That should keep you on track.

I'm getting bored with my choices and my closet is almost empty. At least I have lots of room for the smaller size clothes later!

Hello Group!

Since being banded, I have referred to myself as a 'Turtle'. Reminds me of my dad. He used to always say "We're off like a herd of turtles!"

ANYway, I live in the Great Northwest (Seabeck, WA) and was banded April 20 2007 by Dr. Joseph Cheblis in Seattle. (He looks VERY much like the son-doctor on Big Medicine). I had lost 46 lbs, until last week when I gained 8 lbs due to my T.O.M. which is normal for me, unfortunately. Am hoping to lose the 4 lbs (plus the water-weight) by my 1 yr anniv. which is coming up too fast!

I have Fibromyalgia so regular exercise is out of the question. I still work full-time, so my energy bank is reserved for working and there isn't much left for anything else. I do what I can when I can, usually OVER-doing it when able and paying for it for the next few days. Therefore, sticking to Bandster Food/Eating guidelines is ESPECIALLY important for me. I need a kick in the butt every so often to re-introduce these guidelines into my daily life. Hopefully, there are enough volunteer feet in here to help in this?

Jan

I'm good at over-doing things too ... telll me some about the fibromyalgia. I've heard of it but don't really know that much about it. 46 pounds sounds like a good bit. I know you are really glad to be able to say you've lost that much, even if you do consider yourself a turtle!

Hello Group!

Since being banded, I have referred to myself as a 'Turtle'. Reminds me of my dad. He used to always say "We're off like a herd of turtles!"

ANYway, I live in the Great Northwest (Seabeck, WA) and was banded April 20 2007 by Dr. Joseph Cheblis in Seattle. (He looks VERY much like the son-doctor on Big Medicine). I had lost 46 lbs, until last week when I gained 8 lbs due to my T.O.M. which is normal for me, unfortunately. Am hoping to lose the 4 lbs (plus the water-weight) by my 1 yr anniv. which is coming up too fast!

I have Fibromyalgia so regular exercise is out of the question. I still work full-time, so my energy bank is reserved for working and there isn't much left for anything else. I do what I can when I can, usually OVER-doing it when able and paying for it for the next few days. Therefore, sticking to Bandster Food/Eating guidelines is ESPECIALLY important for me. I need a kick in the butt every so often to re-introduce these guidelines into my daily life. Hopefully, there are enough volunteer feet in here to help in this?

Jan

Hi Jan! Welcome to the group. First let me just say that I feel your pain. I have arthritis and it's difficult for me to excercise regularly too. My mom has fibromyalgia, so I know what it can do to your body. Do you have a local swimming pool to exercise in? Swimming will obviously have NO impact on your body and it's relaxing! I wish I had a local pool. I would use it every day! I LOVE LOVE LOVE to swim! But alas, walking is what I'm stuck with! Just be sure you take it easy and don't overdo it. And I think it's a good idea for you to concentrate especially hard on your eating/dietary guidelines since you can't exercise as much. Hang in there! We're here for you! :lol:

Hello Everyone,

My job is offering Weight Watchers at work today, for 17 weeks and free etools I can pay $186 in which my job will reimburse me half. The meeting is at 3 today so I guess I want to know if any of you were given this opportunity would you take it? I wouldn't have to pay the money up front they would take it on a couple different pay weeks. I need some advice with this one. My husband says go for it but I want my bandmates opinion since we are on the same journey.

I already have all the weight watchers information at home from previous years when I went there (in which I was successful) but of course I managed to gain it back. I know that will not happen this time since I'm banded but I want to get your opinion. Should I go and join or should I say forget it?

Hi Luvinki: I have some thoughts that may help you decide.

1. If there are bandster support groups in your area go to those. They will have similar problems and questions as you do.

2. If there are not, then go to WW. The personal contact with people with weight issues will be great. There are of course downsides to joining a group at work. If they know you have the band, you will have to have a thick skin as the jokes of "having help" or not so funny snide remarks. Also, people are odd. They tend to resent the success of others and if you have to work with them it could be difficult. By going to an outside WW, your personal life is separate and apart from the workplace which I think is good thing to do.

Hope this gives you a few of the pros and cons to make a decision.

Thanks for the support. I never shared my WLS information with anybody outside of my husband and kids so I'm safe with that one. I did talk to one of my co workers and she told me about the on line weight watchers that she is doing through the job for 3 months and its only $55 and again my job would pay half of that. She said that we can motivate one another. When I talked to my Mom a few minutes ago about it she said that I already eat healthy and that I'm doing good with the weight loss and not to waste my money. I'm still a little un sure. I want to lose 30 pounds by the 4th of July for my husbands birthday party and then we are going on a cruise in August and I want to be down an additional 10 for that which gives me a total of 40 pounds to lose so I think the weight watchers on line may help me as it has the tracking feature, it can calculate how many calories my homemade meals have and a few other features that I like. If any of you know about a free on line tracking program please share as I would love to save my money. Thanks for the support

Hi Luvinke,

I would join, I understand what Doddie is saying and if you don't feel you will have any pressure from your co-workers then go for it.

I told most everyone I was having the band, just this one "big mouth" I didn't tell and now I am wishing I had. Because we are having an engagement party for our daughter on June 7th and I know it's going to come up and then she will know. SO I am telling her I am having the band done next week while she is away so when it comes up in June she won't think anything of it. I think it's easier to just tell people and let them think what they want.

Either way extra support can only help is how I feel! Good Luck to you!!