Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

More Complications, I can't get any good news to you guys

10 days out of surgery. Ok, so now, 4 out of 5 of the steri strips have fallen off. Good News right?

Well on 3 of 4 now exposed wounds, one being the nearly 1 inch long, probably the port, I have developed large red welts all around the stitched areas. And boy are they itchy.

Dr. Ren is on vacation, and I spoke to the nurse in the office, who said as long as they aren't leaking fluids or puss, its ok, Oh and don't wipe the area with alcohol, or put on first aid cream.

Ok, so then how does one not want to scratch and rip the skin off their belly? Cause this is killing me.:angry:mad::D

Hi Chrisann-- any better today? I hope so. My doc had me take the bandages off a couple days after surgery. So far so good.... Jim

Hey I am back and banded. Feel great except for the soreness I could leap over something! Try the liquid bendadryl and some neosporin ointment together.

Thanks for the suggestions, cause the red blotches are spreading. My mom thinks maybe its the material of my clothes, so trying to find cotton pants to wear to work tomorrow since I have been wearing rayon and stuff like that.

I would call the doctors office back and ask them if they can put more steri-strips on. I just had carpal tunnel surgery in June and my strips fell off right away causing extreme pain and a huge scar so when I had my lap band surgery I mentioned this to the nurse and she gave me a pkg of steri strips to take home with me. I used almost all of them before the incisions had all closed up.

I have also been extremely itchy since the day after surgery. My friend said she had the same problem.

Christann- you will be alright, please calm your self and get some benadryl asap. you will notice an immediate difference. hope you feel better inside too!

Thanks again all, I did a shot of benedryl last night, kids version, cherry(yuck) but it did stop the itching. Just bought Benedryl strips in vanilla Mint for tonite.

Everyday something gets better. I start mushy foods tomorrow.!!!

HI all, I finally have a doctors appt on Thursday. With my Primary Care Physician. Yep, not my Lap Band Surgeon. The area around my incisions are pink now. And I have a raging cold. My lap band surgeons office told me to go to the PCP, because the cold, and the cramps are related and its not the band that is causing the cramps. So we will see on Thursday.

Hello Red,

Just wondering how you have been doing? Are you still in your post-op diet phase? If you don't mind me asking questions that is. :lol:

Sure no prob Chuckles. Tomorrow will be 1 week since surgery. I'm doing great! Each day I feel better and better! I can't believe it's only been 1 week.

My doctor's 1 week post op diet is liquids- clear and full(pureed included), so that's what I've been doing. I've been drinking broth, slimfast low carb Protein shakes, Water and eating baby food (who knew it actually could taste good!), and cream of tomato/cauliflower Soups. I have lost quite a few pounds, but I'm waiting a full week before I update my ticker.

I go to see my doc on Thursday and I presume he will give me the go ahead to move on to mushies! I think that pretty much covers it! Any more Qs?

Ok, Finally, some good news.

My PCP said I had an allergic reaction to latex, that is why I have that rash all over my midsection. He said since my stitched areas are healing nicely I can put something on the rash. He gave some kind of topical foam and said to use 2x a day.

I also didn't lose any weight, but didn't gain any either since the surgery. He said that was great. I am so fine with that too.

I am the first of his patients to get lapband surgery, and it was so cool seeing how proud he was that I was in there to see him. He asked so many questions.

He said I don't need antibiotics for my cold, and said to take Tylenol Cold. He also gave me an aspirator because I have to practice the deep breathing. He didn't like that I have a problem taking a deep breath.

Ok, Finally, some good news.

My PCP said I had an allergic reaction to latex, that is why I have that rash all over my midsection. He said since my stitched areas are healing nicely I can put something on the rash. He gave some kind of topical foam and said to use 2x a day.

I also didn't lose any weight, but didn't gain any either since the surgery. He said that was great. I am so fine with that too.

I am the first of his patients to get lapband surgery, and it was so cool seeing how proud he was that I was in there to see him. He asked so many questions.

He said I don't need antibiotics for my cold, and said to take Tylenol Cold. He also gave me an aspirator because I have to practice the deep breathing. He didn't like that I have a problem taking a deep breath.

Chrisann,

It is wonderful to hear you are doing better and can get something done about the rash! I am so glad for you. It's weird how something seemingly small can become a big issue, and could later cause alot of agony and discomfort. Glad to hear from you! I am sure you will do great!!