Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV's for the Merry Losers

Good going Chris. I thought I was the only one that had to go shopping in my own closet for new clothes. I have been doing that since the beginning - rediscovering old clothes from up to 15 years ago. That's pants mainly.

Drum roll, please. My NSV occurred last week. I fit in the airplane coach seat and the seat belt fit with room to spare. No more seat belt extenders for me. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. I have been using one for almost 10 years. I was and am still so excited.

I have been gaining and losing the same two pounds for 3 weeks now but I do notice that the inches are melting off anyway. I get my fill at the end of next week which will be 8 weeks out.

wow shgatl your doing great! I am worried about the seats in the airplane. one of my fears is that they are going to make me buy 2 seats. I hate that thought.

I never really had problem with seatbelt... it was just tight at max.

Most embrassing part was lady next to me requested another seat last time I flew. She said it wasnt me but I knew it was cause other times I flew I had to lean to one side so I wouldnt be all up in someone area.

That is why I dont really like flying. I have to get their super early so I can sit by a window and squish myselfy into it and stay in that position for the whole flight. sucks really. and i feel horid the whole time. not just uncomfortble but embarased.

And I am super afraid I am not going to drop enough weight before I fly again for it to make that big of a difference.

This is a really odd NSV but bear with me, coz it makes sense to me and it ends up being a good thing!

Yesterday I had the crappiest day I'd had in a long time (nothing to do with the band). Everything that could go wrong did go wrong and by the evening I was thoroughly pissed off with the world. I won't go into details but believe me, it was a ROTTEN day! As a result, I fell off the wagon completely - but the manner in which I fell IS the NSV.

I was grumpy and annoyed and so had a couple of scotches with Water to try to pick my mood up. Since the banding, I can only handle a couple at a time, whereas previously I would have knocked off half the bottle (and sometimes all of it! :hurray:) over the course of the evening. I got quite tipsy and immediately lost all self-control in regards to eating and settled in to have a major pigout and pity party all by myself :frown:.

Naturally, in that bad mood, I hadn't bothered to fix myself a proper dinner, so when the self-restraint fled, I grabbed what I could from the fridge. My pigout for the evening was a whole packet of Sweet Chilli & Sour Cream Rice Crackers (420 cal, 6.9g Protein, 7.4g fat) and an entire container of Chilli Crab & Spring Onion layered dip (270 cal, 9g Protein, 21g fat) AND TWO Dessert Creme Caramels (200 cal, 6.8 protein, 4.4g fat each), for a grand total of 1090 cals, 91g protein, 37g fat! Not a good result, right? Wayyyyyy too much for a diet!!

HOWEVER, the NSV part comes in that it WASN'T an entire meat lovers pizza with all the toppings (2880 cal, 112g protein, 168g fat) or a Double Quarter Pounder with cheese and a large fries (1300 cal, 54g protein, 74g fat), which is what it would have been pre-band days.

Not only that but this morning I can acknowledge that what I did was stupid but I have no desire to say "Stuff it all, I give up!! I quit!! Gimme another Big Mac and Fries today!" I'm getting right back on that wagon and moving forward - and THAT is a huge NSV for me!

PS: The taste delight of the crackers and dip cannot be overestimated - absolute heaven!! And if you don't go stupid like I did, and only have a normal portion - 1 row (1/4 pkg) of crackers and 1/4 of the dip, it is a very healthy and low cal snack! 155 cal, 4g protein, 7g fat.

Okay Here it is. It's BIG! At work the other day one of the girls that works for me yells "OMG, Gail your sitting with your legs crossed!" I wasn't even thinking about it. Normally, this is impossible for me. NOT ANYMORE! Yeah!!!!

I love this idea of a Non-Scale Victory. I am keeping a box in my closet and fill it with clothes to go the thrift store when they no longer fit. I took my first box yesterday. Also, I crossed my legs, but not the one leg over the other, but the put my ankle on my knee. It has been a LONG time since I have done that. I also took a link off of my watch. Thanks for making me look at it differently.

Firstly I want to let each and every one of you know you are an inspiration,

I can relate to the comments of you look good, did you cut your hair and a slip up or pig out not being what it used to be (thankfully).

Looking at the progress of others I seem to be creeping along on my weight loss and I need to keep looking at my NSV's.

I consider it a blessing every time I feel full and have to stop eating. I don't remember feeling full in the last 10 years. I was usually hungry and sometimes sick from eating too much.

A big one for me (NSV) is when I fit into a pair of 24 pants and they were not even tight (they were very tight when I bought them). Since I was up to a 28/30 pant before beginning this journey i consider that a big victory. Yay!

I am doing the same with the clothes in the closet, my friend gave me some smaller jeans so when I put big in and take the smaller out it is kind of fun. I think it would be cool to start an exchange with clothes since you go thru sizes fairly fast at least in the beginning like in support group meetings if someone needs size 24 and say I am into 20 nows give them my 24's and just keep passing them around as new ppl join. Just a thought I might mention this to dr.

Firstly I want to let each and every one of you know you are an inspiration,

I can relate to the comments of you look good, did you cut your hair and a slip up or pig out not being what it used to be (thankfully).

Looking at the progress of others I seem to be creeping along on my weight loss and I need to keep looking at my NSV's.

I consider it a blessing every time I feel full and have to stop eating. I don't remember feeling full in the last 10 years. I was usually hungry and sometimes sick from eating too much.

A big one for me (NSV) is when I fit into a pair of 24 pants and they were not even tight (they were very tight when I bought them). Since I was up to a 28/30 pant before beginning this journey i consider that a big victory. Yay!

Sherri,

Keep your chin up. We are all working at an extremely difficult task. One that we thought we had all the necessary tools for but were all very naive about. This is going to be tougher than we thought but every day there will be something new for us revel in. Keep looking for them when you feel like you aren't making progress.

We are looking forward to hear all of your nsv's

OK I have a weird NSV weird for me...

Saturday! I went to the movies and slacked arround. after the movies I was feeling really lazy but had not worked out yet for the day...I drove to the gym and they were closed! at 7 pm I was actualy mad that they were closed. BECAUSE I WANTED TO WORK OUT! totaly weird. I got up early Sunday to hit the gym cause I didnt want to miss working out sunday. lol cool or what.

OH and I had a Quiznos Sammy for lunch/dinner. I never thought I could get full of such a small sandwich. wow.

I know this is a thread for NSV's but I just had to share with someone my great news. I began my weight loss journed the middle of February last year. I didn't begin pursuit of the lap band until the summer. I dieted on my own from February until the end of May. I joined an Optifast program at a local hospital on June 1 and ate nothing for 14 weeks, just drank their shakes. Then I spent 7 weeks reintroducing food, losing along the way. I finished that program in the middle of October and didn't have surgery until December 6 so I continued to diet on my own. Prior to surgery I had lost 68 pounds. Today when I stepped on the scale I had reached 100 pounds. I could scream it from the rooftops. I would never have believed it a year ago.

I finally have less to lose than I have lost already. I am halfway there.

Sghatl - What a fantastic story - I had no idea you did all of that on your own BEFORE the band. I'd say PHENOMINAL but don't know how to spell it! You did so much on your own . . . Be VERY PROUD and keep up the GREAT work!

Chris