Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I Lost my band last week

My prayers are with you, how devastating......God must have one hell of a plan for you!! I am a firm believer that God has a greater plan for you than ANYTHING you could ever imagine. Think about how great you thought your life would be after band success......now imagine that x1,000,000,000,000. I will pray that God shows you his plan soon because I know you can't even think about seeing it now.

I was sorry to read your post.

I know how disappointed you are.

Please come back and let us know how you are doing.

C.N.

jc2008

how has everything been going for you, do the Drs. know what caused the infection. when it due to Dr. error/ hospital not sanitizing surgical equipment properly.

I know you were self paying. I believe these are questions that need answers. have they offered you any kind of compesation.

praying for your fast recovery

SC

My heart is breaking for you. What a trauma. Take some time to heal and then make your decision. I am sure you would get the best care possible after this debacle. Good luck.

Apparently, they didnt culture the band when they took it out. So there is no way to tell if it was the dr or hospital's fault (fishy huh?).

I am spending my time trying to feel better from the second operation, and will go see my doctor again in 3 weeks to discuss doing another type of surgery (sleeve or bypass). He hasnt mentioned anything about a refund, instead he is offering me the other surgeries for free and will work with the surgical suite to get the hospitalization part down to cost for any new surgery..

I am not sure what i will do. The band seemed like the best option for me, as it was reversable. I am not so sure how open i would be to a permenant operation..

On Jan 1st i had SEVERE pain on my right side that had me crippled to the point of not being able to get out of bed. IT just came upon me suddenly, no warning. It got better throughout the day but happened again that night with the same intensity.

Kept in touch with my doctor during the day, since the office was closed and went in the next day for an appointent. After the morning appt, i was sent to the surgery suite to have some basic tests done, cuz they thought it was my gallbladder, but by that evening i was admitted to the hospital and by 8pm that nite the doctor had taken me back to surgery (almost 2 weeks to the day of me getting the band) and removed it due to an infection/abscess..

I still dont know much about what happened to me, everytime the doctor tried to talk to me i could just cry. I cannot have another band he says, and i had an infection which had made a hole in my stomach and that this has a VERY minute chance of happening..

I go to get my stiches out on thursday and hopefully learn more about what happened to me. You dont just get an infection out of the blue i wouldnt think. I am also cash pay so its hurting a bit more than just my emotions at the moment...

My mother and my sister have both done great with the band over the past 3 years. I guess it just wasnt ment to be for me.

JC 2008,

I am so sorry to hear that! You are in my prayers!