Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

in the 20's pre-band

i am not banded yet but hope to be next month. i am 24 yrs old and weigh 271. i started at 285 before my 6 month program. hope to chat with all of you soon!

I am 20 yrs old and being banded on the 6th of FEB ... I wish you the best of luck Jacole!!! I am sooooooooooooo READY TO BE AN AVERAGE 20 YR WOMAN!!! size 12 JEANS HERE I COME!!!

you guys are so lucky! i've gotta wait till july to get banded because of the 6 month diet my insurance requires. i can't wait to get banded, i don't want to spend my 20s like i spent my teens, fat.

are you guys excited, nervous, both (exervous?)?

I have completed all my pre-op requirements for insurance and waiting on everything to be turned into insurance. It is driving me nuts waiting. And this I will go even more when it's turned in and waiting on the insurance to approve. Then even more crazy when I have a date and have to wait for it to arrive.

By the end of this, I will be nuts. LOL :omg:

Hi everyone,

I just started this process also. I have just joined on here a few days ago and have started reading all the information, it really is alot to take in! I am 28 years old, 260 ish pounds, and 5'4'. This is the heaviest I have ever been, and I know I need a change! I think lapband is the right choice for me, but who knows how long it will take for me to save up the money since I am sure I will be a self-paying (cash) patient. I am asking for everyone who believes in prayer to pray with me for a way for this procedure to happen.

Everyone seems very helpful on here, and I am looking for some great advice from people who have already been banded. Hopefully we can all go through this journey together!:smile:

hello to all

im in the process of getting the surgery in Tijuana , mx and i was just told that i need to start the liquid diet and get my $$ issues in place. so hopefully some time in Feb. will be the " big day" .. i just turned 26 and recently married ... im at 365 lb :{ and 5'7" this is the biggest i have been..

i know im takeing the right steps to a better , healthier me and heads up we can totaly do this!!!

Ok, just had my Mental Evaluation today, I know he told me that I was a good candidate but I promised myself that I would not become excited until everything was run through and the surgical date was set. I cannot help feel a little excited though; to even have the thought of change is more then enough to be happy about. I know this is going to be a tuff road ahead but by darn, I am just happy to have the idea of having this opportunity…

I am nervous.

Loup

I had my first surgeons consult 1/24, I have my psych evaluation on 1/28, My papers will be submitted to insurance 2/1...Cross your fingers. I would like to get my band done over spring break since I am a Student, I am shooting for 3/10

Good luck Everyone

I'm 27 and haven't even gone to the seminar (2/20) yet so that I can schedule my consult. I've got a BMI of 37.1, 5'2", 203 lbs. My goal is 125 lbs. I had a weight problem as a teen but when I really hit the gym I could take it off. Once I had my son at 21 I couldn't anymore and then I had my daughter at 23 and really couldn't get my weight down. I did lose 20 lbs in 2005 but once I stoped the low carb thing it came back with a vengence and I can' t lose more then 5lbs and for every 5lbs I lose it seems I gain back 7. I want to get this under control once and for all before my big 30 sneaks up on my and my metabolism really does a flop.